New stadium lifts Cowboys above rest of NFL *LOL*

john_winger

Only a jerkwad like Jerry Jones would think that if you throw more money at a bad situation, it'll get better.

The MSNBC headline is:

New stadium lifts Cowboys above rest of NFL

Players say $1.2 billion palace could mean more wins, and more talent

********************************************************************************

Linkage

MSNBC story

(probably written by Bryan Gumbel or someone else that has seen football on tv but knows diddly squat about it)

********************************************************************************

Bottom line is, as badly as the Cowgirls want to be 'America's Team', they ain't. It's the Packers. Has been since Lombardi, and probably always will be.

Jones could build a stadium in orbit around the Earth, and provide free shuttle service back and forth. He'd still be wishing he had the glory.

It's a nice stadium. Way over the top, except for the oversized screen, which is way too low, but I understand his mentality, or lack thereof.

Everything is bigger in Texas. Only problem is, bigger is not always better. Wait until some of his giant stuff gets in the way of the game on national tv. He'll blame it on T.O. or someone else.

The problem is the owner.

Only a jerkwad like Jerry Jones would think that if you throw more money at a bad situation, it'll get better.

The MSNBC headline is:

New stadium lifts Cowboys above rest of NFL

Players say $1.2 billion palace could mean more wins, and more talent

Linkage

MSNBC story

(probably written by Bryan Gumbel or someone else that has seen football on tv but knows diddly squat about it)

Bottom line is, as badly as the Cowgirls want to be 'America's Team', they ain't. It's the Packers. Has been since Lombardi, and probably always will be.

Jones could build a stadium in orbit around the Earth, and provide free shuttle service back and forth. He'd still be wishing he had the glory.

It's a nice stadium. Way over the top, except for the oversized screen, which is way too low, but I understand his mentality, or lack thereof.

Everything is bigger in Texas. Only problem is, bigger is not always better. Wait until some of his giant stuff gets in the way of the game on national tv. He'll blame it on T.O. or someone else.

The problem is the owner.

Jerry Jones LOVES you.

Because you are talking about him, his team and his stadium.

Good press, bad press, it doesn't matter, it's all press to Jerry Jones and here you are talking about it on your teams message board.

Jerry Jones and Americas team loves you.

He has an ego no doubt. Don't forget he did win 3 SBs out of 4 early on? Two of them against the Bills though but that's not their fault. He started going downhill after the Johnson firing and then Switzer one with a Johnson team only later to prove he wasn't an NFL HC! Jones tried tto get involved with talent/personnel like he knew talent? He medles way to much in the on field part...you would've though he would've learned by now!

That would be 3 out of three, thankyouverymuch.

Yeah, old yellow teeth loves us. With that kind of money you think the the dude would by some veneers or something...crest whitening strips maybe? :lol:

Jerry Jones loves you. He knows white teeth never trumps billions of dollars. They are Americas team and I'm not saying that because everybody loves them. Aaron Rogers could murder a crippled nun at midfield on a nationally televised game and he wouldn't make the news if Jay Ratliff threw a candy bar wrapper on the ground with no one there to see him but one cop.

Which is why Jerry Jones loves you.

I think the strongest fanbase across the country is Steeler nation without a doubt. The whole America's team thing started as a joke. Oartly because of the hole in the roof. When asked why they left the small hole the reply was so god could watch America's team...it really doesn't mean anything!

Looking back on it all, I think it started when Tom Landry had his cinderfella teams of the 70's against the "steel curtain"(ruskies). Then the Redskins(John Wayne wastin' the savage beasts), it is all funny now, but they marketed that stuff right, and there were millions who blanketed their offspring in the little blue bedroom sets with the star. They are fans, but they will jump to the latest "winner" also, you have them in Atlanta too. Closeted fans of "Jerrahs" team.

I don't mind them if they are upfront, just when they come out like cockroaches when their other team struggles.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
So which is your team? :lol::lol:

j/k, I don't really give a dam, and you should know such by now :lol:

He hasn't made his mind up, yet. ;)