ESPN Chat: Pat Yasinskas

theProf

Alan (Atlanta)

What was the deal with Turner? Is it because of the influx of carries he had last year, the pressure he has to put up another big season, or is the fins run defense that good?

Pat Yasinskas (12:57 PM)

Miami's D is pretty good. Turner will bounce back. I'm sure they're going to test the middle of Carolina's D-line plenty this week. Welcome to the chat.

Brian chartash (College Park MD)

Will Kroy Biermann be starting on sunday after his stellar performance?

Pat Yasinskas (1:01 PM)

Not sure they'll start him. But they'll use him a lot as a pass rusher.

CC (Atlanta)

Is Brian Van Gorder one of the most underrated coordinators around or what? To get the group of no-names to practically shutout Miami is pretty amazing.

Pat Yasinskas (1:02 PM)

Yes, for the moment, he's underrated. But I think this guy's name is going to come up as a head coach candidate by the end of the season.

Justin (Durham, NC)

Falcons fan here...Do you think Peterson played out of his mind on Sunday or do you think we can expect that every Sunday

Pat Yasinskas (1:15 PM)

Expect it every week. Column on Peterson just went up on the blog at 1 p.m.

Scott (Statesville)

Think the Panthers might concentrate on the running game Sunday?

Pat Yasinskas (1:16 PM)

That would be a good start. Certainly would take heat off Jake. But I think Atlanta knows what's coming and will focus on the run.

Jaime Pinto (Plainsboro, NJ)

As a falcons fan, i did not enjoy watching Jason Elam play last week. Any word on him and do you think his poor performance will happen again?

Pat Yasinskas (1:18 PM)

Guy's a pro and has been good for a long time. Chances are it was just one bad game.

Lucien (Baton Rouge, LA)

Which team do you think has been more successful with their drafting over the last few years?

Pat Yasinskas (1:21 PM)

Right now, I've got to say Atlanta. Last year's draft was incredible.

Jay (Tampa)

What's the story on William Moore, the Falcons second round pick this year? Didn't see him in the game last week, but he's not on the injury report.

Pat Yasinskas (1:25 PM)

He was banged up most of preseason and is just getting back into it. Has some catching up to do.

ATLJBO (Atlanta )

What are your thoughts on the Falcons LB group (Stephen Nicholas looked good) ?Most experts felt like the Falcons was going to have trouble with the wildcat... The LB group finish 1,2, and 3 in team leading tackles vs the Dolphins.

Pat Yasinskas (1:27 PM)

Check out Peterson column that just went up on blog. He talks about how good he thinks Lofton and Nicholas can be. I think they can have a real good LB group.

CC (Atlanta)

Any chance you go up to Bahston next week to cover ATL/Pats? Talk about a shootout! Should be very entertaining.

Pat Yasinskas (1:39 PM)

Don't know yet. Wouldn't mind that a bit.

CC (Atlanta)

Can we officially classify Gaines Adams a bust? There is no other logical conclusion.

Pat Yasinskas (1:40 PM)

Close, but you've got to give the guy in your backyard (Jamaal Anderson) the title first.

Sharell (NCFalconFan)

PY, just read Peterson article. You are pretty good at what you do. KUDOS!!

Pat Yasinskas (1:47 PM)

Thanks and you're the best Falcon fan in Raleigh.

Ironman Falcon (ATL)

Are the Falcons at the Level of the Giants or Steelers?

Pat Yasinskas (1:52 PM)

Tell you what, if the Falcons win this week, then we find out what they're all about the following week when they go up to New England.

Sheldon Green (Atlanta)

The Dolphins get credit for "inventing the wildcat offense" but, didn't the Panthers have DeAngelo Williams taking the snaps from center a few years back when they were struggling at QB and they beat the Falcons by basically running the ball all day?

Pat Yasinskas (1:54 PM)

Yes, that's true. Dan Henning was the offensive coordinator for Carolina at the time and they were down to Chris Weinke, so they snapped to DeAngelo like about 7 or times in a game against Atlanta and it worked very well. Of course, Henning got fired soon after that.

Ironman Falcon (ATL)

Did the falcons make a mistake getting nothing for Vick, he could be the starter next week in phily

Pat Yasinskas (1:55 PM)

Not a mistake. They couldn't get anything for him, so they did the only thing they could and cut him.

Coop (Atlanta)

any news about Tye Hill?

Pat Yasinskas (1:57 PM)

Not really. He's just getting settled in. You could see more of him in the coming weeks.

Lee (Fayetteville NC)

Ok so who do those experts say will win the Carolina Atlanta matchup?

Pat Yasinskas (1:59 PM)

Well, Atlanta seems to be the favorite.

Bill (Orlando)

Its very clear you dislike the Bucs and give us alot less credit than this team deserves.... the Bucs are a solid team and you just feel like we are "horrible" you make me sick at times!!!

Pat Yasinskas (1:23 PM)

I don't "dislike'' any team. I write what I see. You want me to write the Bucs are going to win their next 15 after what happened last week?

This guy is my hero! :D

Sorry Prof, This is the third time in three days that I have posted an article at almost the exact same time as someone else. Didn't mean to step on your turf...

Lowndesfalc no problem at all. I appreciate all the work you do in bringing relevant articles to this forum. I especially like the Rapid Reports, and read everyone of them. There is no such thing as someone's turf. Whoever gets there first. I think I beat you by all of 3 minutes on this particular topic. B). However, I think you beat me by about 3 minutes on a fairly recent topic that we both posted.

Bill (Orlando)

Its very clear you dislike the Bucs and give us alot less credit than this team deserves.... the Bucs are a solid team and you just feel like we are "horrible" you make me sick at times!!!

I don't "dislike'' any team. I write what I see. You want me to write the Bucs are going to win their next 15 after what happened last week?

Bill or Pat?

Brian chartash (College Park MD)

Will Kroy Biermann be starting on sunday after his stellar performance?

Pat Yasinskas (1:01 PM)

Not sure they'll start him. But they'll use him a lot as a pass rusher.

NBDOA, but thats me.

Always good to get a questioned answered on one of Yasinskas' Chats. I also noticed that atljbo, another poster on the TATF message board, got a question answered in this particular chat too as follows:

"ATLJBO (Atlanta )

What are your thoughts on the Falcons LB group (Stephen Nicholas looked good) ?Most experts felt like the Falcons was going to have trouble with the wildcat... The LB group finish 1,2, and 3 in team leading tackles vs the Dolphins.

Pat Yasinskas (1:27 PM)

Check out Peterson column that just went up on blog. He talks about how good he thinks Lofton and Nicholas can be. I think they can have a real good LB group."

Bill (Orlando)

aww its nice to dream lol winnin th next 15 HA not happenin lol its nice to have a hero bucman :lol:

Good stuff...

It kills me how everyone is wanting to argue about who started the "wildcat". We did it before the Panties did, we just used our QB that is better at running to do it, BUT I am very aware that the freakin' option has been around FOREVER.

And it was a gimmick then(vick) and it's a gimmick now..some people just can't get over it.

CC (Atlanta)

Is Brian Van Gorder one of the most underrated coordinators around or what? To get the group of no-names to practically shutout Miami is pretty amazing.

Pat Yasinskas (1:02 PM)

Yes, for the moment, he's underrated. But I think this guy's name is going to come up as a head coach candidate by the end of the season

Van Gorder is a great coordinator. He lives to gameplan and breakdown film. But he isn't cut out to be a head coach.

Trust me.