Rapid Reports 9/18/09/Good news re: William Moore

Lowndesfalc

Linkage

Friday, September 18, 2009

1:07:50 pm Falcons S William Moore sounded as if he's expecting to receive significant playing time Sunday. "I highly doubt I'll be on special teams because I haven't practiced there this week," Moore said. "I've been focusing on defense since I haven't seen a snap yet, and I really want to get in on defense."

1:06:35 pm Falcons S William Moore will see his first action Sunday against Carolina after battling through knee and hamstring injuries. "I'm ready to get in there and get going," he said. "I have a lot to prove, I know that. I'm not going to let the pressure get to me."

1:02:21 pm Falcons coach Mike Smith on what makes DE John Abraham one of the best in the league: "He has multiple moves, not just one patented move. He has many moves in his arsenal and that's what makes him so good."

Linkage

Friday, September 18, 2009

1:07:50 pm Falcons S William Moore sounded as if he's expecting to receive significant playing time Sunday. "I highly doubt I'll be on special teams because I haven't practiced there this week," Moore said. "I've been focusing on defense since I haven't seen a snap yet, and I really want to get in on defense."

1:06:35 pm Falcons S William Moore will see his first action Sunday against Carolina after battling through knee and hamstring injuries. "I'm ready to get in there and get going," he said. "I have a lot to prove, I know that. I'm not going to let the pressure get to me."

1:02:21 pm Falcons coach Mike Smith on what makes DE John Abraham one of the best in the league: "He has multiple moves, not just one patented move. He has many moves in his arsenal and that's what makes him so good."

Yeah it really seems like he will be in on the defense, since he has not been practicing special teams, I wonder in which capacity the Falcons plan on using him, maybe we will see more in on the base defense at SS, with Coleman at FS, and we will see Decoud at FS, and Coleman at SS in nickel situations.

ltstorm2 Posted Today, 12:49 PM

Wow, well I guess Moore is really showing his stuff in the meetings and on the field. I would have expected him to get some more time on special teams. Hopefully this is a really good thing.

Kind of what I was thinking. I figured that he would be relegated to being on special teams but from the way this sounds, he will be in on regular defensive packages. He must be showing something special. I would guess that he will be SS on run downs.

Even More.......

3:12:04 pm When asked if there was no need to rush Falcons S William Moore into the defense, defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder had this to say: "We're obviously anxious to see him play...But we want to make sure it's right when he steps on the field."

3:11:00 pm When asked if he would try to imitate any looks the Eagles used against Carolina, Falcons defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder said you can get in trouble sometimes when doing that. "If you try to do something outside the system ... a lot of times that'll hurt you more," he said.

3:10:19 pm Carolina's offense laid an egg thanks to a lot of looks Philadelphia presented last week, but Falcons defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder said he thinks the Panthers will have the problems ironed out on Sunday. "Anything you see in our league that appears to be a weakness is going to be solved the following week," he said.

2:21:01 pm Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey gave two keys to Sunday's game against Carolina: 1) win the turnover battle, and 2) be more precise and detailed.

2:20:16 pm Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey was asked to respond to the criticism QB Matt Ryan has received for being off target on a few throws. "We were not in sync exactly in timing," he said. "It's really not Matt, but unfortunately in the scheme of things people don't know that."

2:17:38 pm Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey said the biggest thing the offense needed to work on this week was sustaining blocks in the run game. Mularkey said Atlanta struggled some against Miami's 2-gap scheme.

Man I can't wait. If he gets rotated in and makes a big play, imagine how this board will blow up.

I would like to see Moore do well. Miami has Steven Smith (#24) whom we could have had in the second round.

But we chose to go with Moore, I was impressed with Smith play. Therefore, we passed up on a potential

great player for a BUST. If I was Moore I'd be nervous. He has a lot to prove.

Man I can't wait. If he gets rotated in and makes a big play, imagine how this board will blow up.

I would like to see Moore do well. Miami has Steven Smith (#24) whom we could have had in the second round.

But we chose to go with Moore, I was impressed with Smith play. Therefore, we passed up on a potential

Dude you have to get over the fact that we didnt draft your favorite player. He actually doesnt have a lot to prove to the FO, Coaching staff, they understand that he is a rookie and will adjust, I dont think he is worried about proving himself to you Billings. Besides it is Sean Smith and he is not exactly playing lights out in Miami, he will get targeted throughout the season trust me.

Its Sean Smith BTW.

Sean Smith hasn't even proven anything yet to call him a potential great player. Moore is a potential great player as well.