Who all listens to Dave and Wes?

Holic

I'm going this afternoon to pick up a new fm indoor antenna for my surround sound to try and get a good clear reception of DaveFM. Anyone else go this route instead of listening to the lame announcers we're usually given? My only worry is the delay..

I tried, but on DirecTV, there is a delay that makes it in-congruent and annoying.

I'm going this afternoon to pick up a new fm indoor antenna for my surround sound to try and get a good clear reception of DaveFM. Anyone else go this route instead of listening to the lame announcers we're usually given? My only worry is the delay..

Someone mentioned last year in the technology forum something you can plug into and it synch's up the radio broadcast with the television. Sorry I don't remember much more than that.

Yep, listening to the radio broadcast is the only way I watch televised games anymore. If you notice too, whenever highlights of our games are shown on TV, they are often dubbed with audio from our radio coverage. It's rare that they include the tv's audio.

I've caught some of the best calls while watching the games.

"He lives in Atlanta"

"Drive home safely, Atlanta wins"

Dude, that's pure genious. LOL Im going to go that route I believe.

That requires two things.

1) You are able to find an audio cast on the net. - I don't finding one is a prob.

2) The audio cast is delayed more than the video. If not then DVR delay won't help. I have satellite and the picture I see is several seconds behind the radio broadcast, so delay doesn't help me at all. I suppose that listening on the net would add some delay too, but not sure how much.

In my case though, I also have satellite radio, so I'm able to synch perfectly. B)

That requires two things.

1) You are able to find an audio cast on the net. - I don't finding one is a prob.

2) The audio cast is delayed more than the video. If not then DVR delay won't help. I have satellite and the picture I see is several seconds behind the radio broadcast, so delay doesn't help me at all. I suppose that listening on the net would add some delay too, but not sure how much.

In my case though, I also have satellite radio, so I'm able to synch perfectly. B)

I did it all last year for away games. I was at the dome for the home ones.

Wes and Dave need to tell their engineer to synch with TV. They would get more listeeners if they weren't telegraphing the video action. I know they can adjust it because I was watching a preseason game (via cable) and listening to the radio and the radio was ahead of the TV for most of the game but behind the TV in the end.

Wes and Dave need to tell their engineer to synch with TV. They would get more listeeners if they weren't telegraphing the video action. I know they can adjust it because I was watching a preseason game (via cable) and listening to the radio and the radio was ahead of the TV for most of the game but behind the TV in the end.

That cannot and will never happen. All of the telecasts are offset some amount of delay, OTA, cable, satellite, even the two satellite providers DirecTV and Dish aren't always in exact sync for the same program.

Never heard of either of 'em........................I listen to Sirius satellite radio only. Standard AM-FM radio is nothing but a cesspool of constant commercials.

Then you probably don't know what you're missing. Wes Durham and Dave Archer (Former Falcon qb) are the announcers for the Atlanta Falcons radio network. They do the best job of game coverage hands down.

I have Sirius and their broadcast is aired on Sirius every week. That's how I listen, while watching the games from home.

I'm so glad to have that knowing that Cris Collinsworthless will be doing one of our games later this year. Whew.

That cannot and will never happen. All of the telecasts are offset some amount of delay, OTA, cable, satellite, even the two satellite providers DirecTV and Dish aren't always in exact sync for the same program.

[/quote

You're right of course but their FM OTA could sync with the biggest venue, say Comcast, and their webcast could synch with the second biggest venue, say Direct TV. If I were selling ads for the broadcast I would love to be able to say the audience is larger because of the synchronizations. It's their own signal. Even if they advertised on comcast that they were now synchronized with the Fox cablecast it would be legal.

[/quote

Not entirely true. I have a friend who used to work at DaveFM and during the Arizona game last season, I sent him a couple of text messages about the audio sync with the TV. There was an engineer on duty who was able to get them synced up. That friend is no longer at Dave, but it most certainly can be done.