Passed Out For No Reason Last Night

LSFalcon

I was in the middle of class last night and my teacher was talking about blood, and veins, and arteries, ect. and I started to feel dizzy. Next thing I remember is waking up with everybody around me and blood dripping from my nose. The ambulance came and took me to the hospital. They ran some tests, gave me some x-rays, and I had to get 3 stitches in my nose. The doctor said all the tests came back normal. This happened to me once before like 10 years ago, but I didn't go to the hospital that time. I assume there aren't many doctors on these forums, but I was just wondering if anyone else ever went through or knew somebody that went through a similar situation. Also if anyone has any idea of what could've happened I'd like to hear your opinions. I didn't think you could just pass out for no reason.

I was in the middle of class last night and my teacher was talking about blood, and veins, and arteries, ect. and I started to feel dizzy. Next thing I remember is waking up with everybody around me and blood dripping from my nose. The ambulance came and took me to the hospital. They ran some tests, gave me some x-rays, and I had to get 3 stitches in my nose. The doctor said all the tests came back normal. This happened to me once before like 10 years ago, but I didn't go to the hospital that time. I assume there aren't many doctors on these forums, but I was just wondering if anyone else ever went through or knew somebody that went through a similar situation. Also if anyone has any idea of what could've happened I'd like to hear your opinions. I didn't think you could just pass out for no reason.

Just a random guess but i know blood pressure can cause people to pass out randomly. Also it could be genetic.

Sounds like you had far too much beer :P

Not saying this is your problem, but a friend of mines father had that happen to him at the gas station the other day. Went to the hospital, and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with him so they sent him home. Happened again a few days a later and this time he didn't have a pulse. My buddy's wife performed CPR on him and got a pulse back-this time the doctors found that his heart has an irregular beat and had to install sort of a difibrillator device under his colar bone to shock his heart back into rhythm when it goes out.

Have yourself checked out good by a doctor.

Cardiac: An irregular heart beat caused by a permanent electrical derangement. This sort of problem requires continuous cardiac monitoring over one or several days to make the diagnosis. An irregular heart beat caused by the thought of blood, guts, etc. This type of irregularity is know as a Vaso-Vagal episode. A similar situation can arise if pressure is applied to the carotid body. Perhaps you were rubbing your neck prior to the incident.

Neuro: Epilepsy has many forms, some of them do not involve shaking. Circulation to the brain can be compromised by some positions of the head. These positions can crimp blood vessels that irrigate the brain. Some brain tumors (don't panic) can produce this symptom, though they usually present with other signs and symptoms. Narcolepsy is used as a funny gag in movies, but it is real.

Metablolic: A sudden drop in blood sugar is a common cause of fainting. If you ate or drank anything before getting tested, the drop in glucose could be missed. An electrolyte derangement can produce black outs, but that is easily diagnosed at any ER. Of course, drugs, of various types, can produce black outs.

Fatigue: You may simply be fatigued. Improper sleep habits or sleep apnea occur in a large segment of the population.

This is an incomplete list. Just some thoughts.