READ IF GOING TO GAME!

HashMark

ATLANTA ? The Georgia Department of Transportation is warning motorists traveling through Atlanta over the weekend to expect heavy delays on the Downtown Connector between 10th Street and where the Downtown Connector splits into the two interstates as crews continue resurfacing work related to the 14th Street Bridge improvement project.   Starting at 9 p.m. Friday through 5 a.m. Monday  the three regular travel lanes to I-85 north will be closed. The I-75 and I-85 HOV northbound lanes will also be closed. Only one I-85 northbound lane will be open. The Department recommends northbound motorists traveling through Atlanta use I-285. Additionally, crews will be working overnight Friday through noon Saturday on the southbound Connector. Starting at 9 p.m. Friday night, the two right lanes will be closed just past 17th Street through just past 10th Street. At daylight Saturday, the 10th Street on ramp will be closed. All lanes and ramps will be reopen by noon Saturday. These closures are part of an ongoing $88.5 m