Paul Johnson's "Are you that stupid" already up on Youtube.

SacFalcFan

i think the uga fans that commented on that video are overblowing it (what a surprise right? :lol: ) i mean, the OSU coaches tirade a few years ago actually helped land them a few recruits. some of college footballs most brash coaches have no trouble landing good recruits year after year. not to mention the example they use in richt in comparison has been one of the things uga fans have been complaining about for a while now - that he's too loyal, that he's too nice. recruits care about many things, but if it were me, i would prefer to have a coach that expects the best out of me rather than one thats my buddy. that was the downfall of mora. pj's personality reminds me of bill belichick - you may not like him, and he ll say a lot of things that you may not agree with, but he ll tell you exactly what he thinks and you ll respect him.

but the real thing is - i think just about everyone watching was thinking the exact same thing pj said.

OSU Gundy rant helped get players. Coincidentally, he was also supporting his players, defending them.

CPJ? Not so much. The opposite. We'll see how that plays with recruits, at best I think it won't hurt them, at worst...If I had a choice between going to a good school and Tech, my choice would be much easier after seeing that video.

i think the uga fans that commented on that video are overblowing it (what a surprise right? :lol: ) i mean, the OSU coaches tirade a few years ago actually helped land them a few recruits. some of college footballs most brash coaches have no trouble landing good recruits year after year. not to mention the example they use in richt in comparison has been one of the things uga fans have been complaining about for a while now - that he's too loyal, that he's too nice. recruits care about many things, but if it were me, i would prefer to have a coach that expects the best out of me rather than one thats my buddy. that was the downfall of mora. pj's personality reminds me of bill belichick - you may not like him, and he ll say a lot of things that you may not agree with, but he ll tell you exactly what he thinks and you ll respect him.

but the real thing is - i think just about everyone watching was thinking the exact same thing pj said.

actaully the tirade by gundy hurt them a lot in landing recruits. in fact there are areas in texas where they took a step back due to his tirade. bobby reid was very vocal how bad it hurt him with what gundy did. i was listening to rivals radio a few months ago and the had the person being interviews who covers osu recruiting for their site and he talked about it a few times how that has hurt osu in texas regarding that tirade.

OSU Gundy rant helped get players. Coincidentally, he was also supporting his players, defending them.

CPJ? Not so much. The opposite. We'll see how that plays with recruits, at best I think it won't hurt them, at worst...If I had a choice between going to a good school and Tech, my choice would be much easier after seeing that video.

you had one player from georgia say that, but it has hurt him in areas in texas because it was not taken well over there. gundy's outburst did not help in recruiting.

Whatever. When I played and had a coach grab my facemask, scream in my face after I made a mistake, it only made me play harder. Kind of like "I'll show you". My coach would do that to me because he knew it would fire me up. Coaches know their players and won't do anything that will be a detriment to their production. And I don't know if any player has ever made it to 1-A football without a coach getting in their face at some point on their journey. I don't think this player took it personally. There's no crying in football.

Whatever. When I played and had a coach grab my facemask, scream in my face after I made a mistake, it only made me play harder. Kind of like "I'll show you". My coach would do that to me because he knew it would fire me up. Coaches know their players and won't do anything that will be a detriment to their production. And I don't know if any player has ever made it to 1-A football without a coach getting in their face at some point on their journey. I don't think this player took it personally. There's no crying in football.

i posted the link because I thought it was funny. i lol'd when he said that to the player. i don't have any issues with paul johnson doing it, but you have to understand these 4-5 star players may look at things differently than you and I. CMR handled branden smith very well. He screwed up and CMR just told him to be ready they will get him out there the next time out. Branden Smith responded with a 61 yard reverse td and a kick return that almost went for a td as well. It was telling that every recruit at the game saw the true frosh's mistake and they all talked about how great it was how cmr handled it instead of getting into his face calling him stupid among other things. There are different ways to reach these young players. In practice I am sure they are pretty hard on the players, but it's how to deal with players when they make mistakes is a big difference. You can lose players as well if you aren't careful.