NFC South Injuries - Good news for us!

Beezy

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id...d-the-nfc-south

Updating key injuries around the NFC South

September 17, 2009 4:55 PM

Posted by ESPN.com’s Pat Yasinskas

We’ve got some key injury situations in the NFC South that are worth watching as the weekend gets closer.

Tampa Bay receiver Antonio Bryant did not participate in practice because of a knee injury. Bryant had surgery in the preseason, but appeared to make a successful return in the season opener. This one is potentially troubling for the Bucs, who aren’t loaded with experience at wide receiver. If Bryant can’t play Sunday at Buffalo, rookie Sammie Stroughter or Maurice Stovall likely would get the start.

In Carolina, right tackle Jeff Otah was held out of practice with a shoulder injury. If Otah is unable to play, Carolina’s loss of veteran depth (Frank Omiyale, Jeremy Bridges and Geoff Hangartner) could catch up to the Panthers. Carolina has a pair of unproven backups in Garry Williams and Geoff Schwartz.

Defensive tackle Nick Hayden missed his second day of practice with a toe injury. Hayden had taken over as a starter when Maake Kemoeatu went down on the first day of training camp with a season-ending injury. If Hayden can’t play, the Panthers have only Ra’Shon Harris and Louis Leonard, who both were added late in the preseason, as backups. Think you might see Atlanta’s Michael Turner headed for the middle of Carolina’s defense a few times on Sunday.

Things are more positive in New Orleans, where running back Pierre Thomas returned to practice after sitting out Sunday. The only issue here is how that will impact the rotation at running back with Thomas joining Mike Bell and Reggie Bush.

Atlanta fans, relax at the moment. The Falcons had all 53 players participate in practice Thursday.

That is very impressive to say the least............ I can't express how instrumental that is to our rotation!!

And look at Carolina's Oline......... we are going to eat Jake alive!!

I really hope we're running at Louis Leonard ... he was terrible last year when I watched the Browns.

How they got anything for him is remarkable.

The Panthers are on a mission to waste draft picks and put faith in players they shouldn't.

Great for us :)

...In Carolina, right tackle Jeff Otah was held out of practice with a shoulder injury. If Otah is unable to play, Carolina’s loss of veteran depth (Frank Omiyale, Jeremy Bridges and Geoff Hangartner) could catch up to the Panthers. Carolina has a pair of unproven backups in Garry Williams and Geoff Schwartz....
OK Busterson fans this is about as good as it gets.

Step on your weenie in this one and could be over.

I really hope we're running at Louis Leonard ... he was terrible last year when I watched the Browns.

How they got anything for him is remarkable.

The Panthers are on a mission to waste draft picks and put faith in players they shouldn't.

Great for us :)

I don't know, as much as I can't stand him, John Fox is excellent on defense. This is a divisional game - they'll have players out there in a wheelchair if they have to, running over people's feet.

Overall, I still expect this to be a knockdown, dragout - that goes one way - then the other. Falcons win, though!

Injuries are part of the game and there is no denying it but I would rather be a team that can win no matter what. This year could not have come at a better time because it will be our tune-up year. We get to measure ourselves against some of the best (on paper) teams and see what we are lacking to be legit year in and year out.

I don't know, as much as I can't stand him, John Fox is excellent on defense. This is a divisional game - they'll have players out there in a wheelchair if they have to, running over people's feet.

Overall, I still expect this to be a knockdown, dragout - that goes one way - then the other. Falcons win, though!

So true :lol:

If the defense plays like they did last week I don't see a close game especially at home.