Had a great time this weekend

Phins99

We got in on Saturday, and had the party at the Taco Mac. It was a really good turnout there, and we had alot of fun. The Taco Mac employees were great too. The guys from this board did show up as promised and crashed the party, but both sides were respectful to each other, after the initial confrontation that had 6 Falcons fans getting shouted down by about 50 Dolphins fans "LETS GO DOLPHINS!" After that, everyone hung out and talked friendly trash. Mad props to the 6 guys who came out. But, I do have to say that I was disappointed that Duffman didn't show up. He said on a thread here that he was going to break up the party even if he got thrown in jail. So, where were you, Duffman? Your buddies showed up, and were really cool. Also, a former Dolphin defensive lineman, Larry Chester showed up too. But, what stole the show was when a guy rolled up on a Miami Dolphins Harley Davidson. He showed up at the tailgate too.

The next morning, word of our tailgate in front of the Centennial Park Holiday Inn got out, and we wound up with close to 200 Dolphins fans there. We were frying chicken wings in a turkey fryer, as well as doing hamburgers on the grill. We even let a homeless guy hang out with us because we had more than enough food. He in turn helped us clean up when we were done. He was really cool to talk to as well. He had alot of good life stories. Of course, the guy with the Harley showed up too, and people were taking pictures with the bike. I've been to alot of great tailgates in Miami, but this one was by far the best I've ever been to. It was a family. I met alot of great people, and it was awesome to see people from all over the country converge on an away city to watch a game. We had people from Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Maryland, Ohio, Virginia, North and South Carolina, and Pennsylvania, and those were just the people I talked to at the tailgate.

Most of the Falcons fans I met were really cool as well. There were a couple people who went out of their way to be unpleasant, but thats to be expected in any NFL city. The majority of the people were great. Also, I'd like to give a shout out to the Falcons organization. They were awesome to deal with when it came to tickets. I was the one who organized the section 103 group. I started working with them even before the schedule was released, and he was great the whole time. He also suggested the Holiday Inn and Taco Mac. It wouldnt have been as great as it turned out if it hadn't been for him.

I give the weekend as a whole 4.5 out of 5 stars. If Miami had won, it would have been 5 out of 5 stars. Met great fans of both teams and had a blast. That's what its really all about too. Sure, our team got their butts kicked, but that was really the only low point to the entire weekend. When I think of this weekend in Atlanta 10 years from now, I won't be thinking about the game. I'll be thinking about the great people I met and the great time we all had.

I try to organize at least one away event each year. After this experience, the next time Miami comes up there, we'll be back! And, we'll win! lol

Anyway, thank you for the great weekend, Atlanta! We had a great time, and we'll try to have better games against the Bucs, Panthers and Saints.

Atlanta rocked!!!

Wow...after 11 years on this board I finally got called out!

I didn't make it there to crash the party and now I wish I did, but I can't live in the past. Here's where I was: Where was Duff_Man?

I am glad you had a good time. The people of Atlanta are nothing short of fantastic. Please accept my invitation to pull that in Philly or Pittsburgh. Or worse yet, Baltimore. I am sure I'll read your names in the paper on Monday.

Thanks for donating your money to the city of Atlanta and the Falcons. We appreciate your patronage!

I hate going to Taco Mac during or shortly thereafter a football game. Taco Mac is by far one of my favorite restaurants ever, but I can't enjoy myself when the whole place is screaming and yelling over a game. It's obvious you people just want attention and that's why you yell at the top of your lungs so that people around will smile and laugh "with" you and think you're really into the game.... I can't even hear myself think in there sometimes. That is why foreigners hate Americans, because they see people like you guys yelling in restaurants over a game like daft fools with hearing problems.

I love the Falcons and watch every game and get just as excited, but restaurants aren't the place to go buck-wild. Do that at the Dome or in the privacy of your own home.

We got in on Saturday, and had the party at the Taco Mac. It was a really good turnout there, and we had alot of fun. The Taco Mac employees were great too. The guys from this board did show up as promised and crashed the party, but both sides were respectful to each other, after the initial confrontation that had 6 Falcons fans getting shouted down by about 50 Dolphins fans "LETS GO DOLPHINS!" After that, everyone hung out and talked friendly trash. Mad props to the 6 guys who came out. But, I do have to say that I was disappointed that Duffman didn't show up. He said on a thread here that he was going to break up the party even if he got thrown in jail. So, where were you, Duffman? Your buddies showed up, and were really cool. Also, a former Dolphin defensive lineman, Larry Chester showed up too. But, what stole the show was when a guy rolled up on a Miami Dolphins Harley Davidson. He showed up at the tailgate too.

The next morning, word of our tailgate in front of the Centennial Park Holiday Inn got out, and we wound up with close to 200 Dolphins fans there. We were frying chicken wings in a turkey fryer, as well as doing hamburgers on the grill. We even let a homeless guy hang out with us because we had more than enough food. He in turn helped us clean up when we were done. He was really cool to talk to as well. He had alot of good life stories. Of course, the guy with the Harley showed up too, and people were taking pictures with the bike. I've been to alot of great tailgates in Miami, but this one was by far the best I've ever been to. It was a family. I met alot of great people, and it was awesome to see people from all over the country converge on an away city to watch a game. We had people from Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Maryland, Ohio, Virginia, North and South Carolina, and Pennsylvania, and those were just the people I talked to at the tailgate.

Most of the Falcons fans I met were really cool as well. There were a couple people who went out of their way to be unpleasant, but thats to be expected in any NFL city. The majority of the people were great. Also, I'd like to give a shout out to the Falcons organization. They were awesome to deal with when it came to tickets. I was the one who organized the section 103 group. I started working with them even before the schedule was released, and he was great the whole time. He also suggested the Holiday Inn and Taco Mac. It wouldnt have been as great as it turned out if it hadn't been for him.

I give the weekend as a whole 4.5 out of 5 stars. If Miami had won, it would have been 5 out of 5 stars. Met great fans of both teams and had a blast. That's what its really all about too. Sure, our team got their butts kicked, but that was really the only low point to the entire weekend. When I think of this weekend in Atlanta 10 years from now, I won't be thinking about the game. I'll be thinking about the great people I met and the great time we all had.

I try to organize at least one away event each year. After this experience, the next time Miami comes up there, we'll be back! And, we'll win! lol

Anyway, thank you for the great weekend, Atlanta! We had a great time, and we'll try to have better games against the Bucs, Panthers and Saints.

Atlanta rocked!!!

Nice post.