Fractured Forearm - Suggestions on whether or not to cast.

Quicksand

I have a partial fracture in my left forearm, the clinic doctor I said I should probably (his words) follow up with an orthopedist to see if it would need a cast. But I REALLY DON'T want a cast on my arm for 8 weeks. I'm just looking for some personal experience of anyone who has had a fractured arm and how the healing process was for you.

I recently broke both bones in my forearm and it both bones pierced the skin, compound fractures. They went in, put in rods, and 4 screws per bone, and I went home. No cast and I was drinking coffee out of the hand the next morning. The rods and screws held everything. 6 weeks later I was fully active. Good luck.

Don't be so rough on your wrist when you are texting those young girls. -_-

I recently broke both bones in my forearm and it both bones pierced the skin, compound fractures. They went in, put in rods, and 4 screws per bone, and I went home. No cast and I was drinking coffee out of the hand the next morning. The rods and screws held everything. 6 weeks later I was fully active. Good luck.

WTF were you drinking coffee out of your hand? Does barely making ends meet mean you can't afford a cup?

Its a good thing that you had health insurance. B)

How much was that operation ?

I have a partial fracture in my left forearm, the clinic doctor I said I should probably (his words) follow up with an orthopedist to see if it would need a cast. But I REALLY DON'T want a cast on my arm for 8 weeks. I'm just looking for some personal experience of anyone who has had a fractured arm and how the healing process was for you.

I would get the cast. I had the same problem (fractured my right forearm though). And the doctor said the same thing but i went ahead and got my cast. Its not a bad idea and it doest really make like difficult. Just when you get that annoying itch...