New FAlcon Fan

When you say "New Falcons Fan" do you mean "Hey, Falcons won, I like them?" or do you mean "New to the board"?

When you say "New Falcon Fan" do you mean you just "New" from the whom and yelliing, Go Birds!", or do you mean "New to solid play and good organization from the "New" Falcon"? :rolleyes:

I was born into being a Falcon Fan myself, but I have also been known to convert others to being Falcons. You can't really justify being ELETIST regarding a team that needs to rebuild its fan base. There are to many fans from other teams at the Dome for me to turn anyone away.

Welcome to the Boards, Welcome to the team and hopefully Welcome To The Dome!

When you say "New Falcon Fan" do you mean you just "New" from the whom and yelliing, Go Birds!", or do you mean "New to solid play and good organization from the "New" Falcon"? :rolleyes:

I was born into being a Falcon Fan myself, but I have also been known to convert others to being Falcons. You can't really justify being ELETIST regarding a team that needs to rebuild its fan base. There are to many fans from other teams at the Dome for me to turn anyone away.

I agree, but we have enough "fans" that turn on the team after a bad game, so that's why I ask.

lostnmexico Posted Today, 03:32 PM

Petrino my sweet a55!

I survived Marion Campbell!

Twice!

"Those that want to play, play. Those that don't, get the **** out!" - Marion Campbell........The Swamp Fox.

Where is he now anyway?

I even googled him and only found his coaching record. He is from South Carolina and played for UGA so I would assume that he is retired somewhere in the area. He would be 80 now so he's not going anywhere fast.

Petrino my sweet a55!

I survived Marion Campbell!

Twice!

"Those that want to play, play. Those that don't, get the **** out!" - Marion Campbell........The Swamp Fox.

Where is he now anyway?

Marion Campbell? Shoot, if you didn't survive the Jerry Rice years, you can't call yourself a Falcons fan, IMO. :angry:

I agree, but we have enough "fans" that turn on the team after a bad game, so that's why I ask.

I have been a Falcon's fan since 1970 even though I had lived in the SF Bay Area for over 35 years. The worst "fair weather" fans ever were the SF fans. They would boo their team and leave the stadium in the 3rd qtr if the 49ers were behind by more than a TD. And that was when the niners were winning 10+ games a year for over 20 yrs in a row. Every team has its share of fair weather fans. The Falcons are no different.

I will welcome any new fan. I would just hope that they become true fans and stick with the team through the lean years as well as the good ones. The good seasons for Falcon's fans have been too few over the years. That just makes the good seasons that much sweeter..! :D

I have been a Falcon's fan since 1970 even though I had lived in the SF Bay Area for over 35 years. The worst "fair weather" fans ever were the SF fans. They would boo their team and leave the stadium in the 3rd qtr if the 49ers were behind by more than a TD. And that was when the niners were winning 10+ games a year for over 20 yrs in a row. Every team has its share of fair weather fans. The Falcons are no different.

I will welcome any new fan. I would just hope that they become true fans and stick with the team through the lean years as well as the good ones. The good seasons for Falcon's fans have been too few over the years. That just makes the good seasons that much sweeter..! :D

Nothing needs to be explained, Ranger. Let's just say that the Boards are much more active now than they were during '08 preseason. Even the trolls stopped coming here to kick us while we were down so low. There are many of us who believe that the first rough stretch that we run into will result in the same general lack of popularity. If you've been a fan as long as you state, though, you're straight.

Nothing needs to be explained, Ranger. Let's just say that the Boards are much more active now than they were during '08 preseason. Even the trolls stopped coming here to kick us while we were down so low. There are many of us who believe that the first rough stretch that we run into will result in the same general lack of popularity. If you've been a fan as long as you state, though, you're straight.

I used to take a lot of krap from the 49ers fans back when the Falcons were their whipping boys. Like I told them: "When it comes to football, I may not be smart but By God, I am loyal..!"

I used to take a lot of krap from the 49ers fans back when the Falcons were their whipping boys. Like I told them: "When it comes to football, I may not be smart but By God, I am loyal..!"

I grew up drinking scarlet and gray kool-aid in Columbus, Ohio. One day back in the mid-1980s, my dad (in a bit of a Friday drunken buzz) got upset because I was wearing a Michigan sweatshirt and called me a fickle fan. I asked him how he could call me fickle when I had, at that time, been a Falcons fan for 15 years. He thought really hard about it and, for the first and only time that I can recall, changed the subject rather than find a reason to carry an argument further.

What the he!l is an "eletist"? When you see the squiggly red line under a word, doesn't that give you a hint?