Rapid Reports

Porkins

RapidReports presented by Sprint

Falcons DE Kroy Biermann credits fellow end John Abraham for a lot of his early success as a second-year player, calling Abraham a "coach." "Abe's a tremendous coach for me. During practice he watches my individual pass rushes and talks about hands and eyes, all the fundamentals to a good pass rush. He's there to help out on the field."

Today, September 17, 2009, 2 minutes agoDespite totaling five tackles, two sacks and a forced fumble against Miami, DE Kroy Biermann doesn't think it's a clear indication of himself as a player just yet. "One game does not define a player," he said. "I've always had something to get better at."

Today, September 17, 2009, 4 minutes agoFalcons LT Sam Baker said he's confident the ground game will get moving on Sunday, no matter what Carolina tries to do in their defense. "We always think we can run the ball no matter how many guys they put up there," Baker said. "I think our attitude is we always want to run the ball. No matter how they scheme us, we want to run the ball."

Today, September 17, 2009, 4 minutes agoThe Falcons only rushed for 68 yards against Miami, and were forced to beat the Dolphins through the passing game. However, OG Harvey Dahl said he hopes Atlanta can get back to the run game against Carolina this Sunday. "Obviously, we want to run the ball for four quarters," he said. "It's something we always want to focus on."

Today, September 17, 2009, 6 minutes agoFalcons S Erik Coleman hasn't only relied on the defense for help. With TE Tony Gonzalez on the roster, Coleman says you can approach him for any defensive advice too. "For me personally, it's been great trying to cover him in practice," Coleman said. "After I cover him I'll ask, 'Tony, what did I do to give away my coverage? Or what can I do better on my coverage?'"

Today, September 17, 2009, 8 minutes agoFalcons RB Michael Turner admitted he didn't know how TE Tony Gonzalez would open things up to start the season. But with Miami shutting down the run, Turner saw first-hand what Gonzalez adds. "When you have Tony Gonzalez 1-on-1 you're asking for trouble," Turner said.

Today, September 17, 2009, 9 minutes agoFalcons TE Tony Gonzalez said part of the reason he's done well as he's gotten older is because of what he reads - books on zen and martial arts. "It's all about the mind," Gonzalez said. "And I love studying the mind, in determining human behavior.

Today, September 17, 2009, 10 minutes agohttp://feeds.cbssports.com/click.phdo?i=312b022c0ef1d5b1dc9989466e354102' target="_blank">As he ages, TE Tony Gonzalez said he still feels he's improving in some aspects of his game. "As a receiver? I think I've gotten a little better," he said. "It seems like, like when you watch the karate films when you're younger, that the older guys are tougher - the guys with the long gray beards. Where I'm losing athleticism, I can make up wide tricks and bumps here and there."

Today, September 17, 2009, 6 minutes agoFalcons S Erik Coleman hasn't only relied on the defense for help. With TE Tony Gonzalez on the roster, Coleman says you can approach him for any defensive advice too. "For me personally, it's been great trying to cover him in practice," Coleman said. "After I cover him I'll ask, 'Tony, what did I do to give away my coverage? Or what can I do better on my coverage?'"

Translation: TG is schooling Coleman at practice! :P

Not a knock on Coleman, but man are we fortunate to have TG as a Falcon!! :D:D

Thanks Juice (No relation to OJ I hope). I appreciate that. Leadership is just such a key issue for me and Gonzalez has displayed a level of maturity and dedication here that I never saw when he was in KC. Love the guy.

So we get him a few more scores and I will start the official Tony Gonzalez for MVP Dirty Bird Touchdown club.

Thanks again.