Nola vs Shred

nolafan33

Most of you probably saw me and Shreds debate about who's deeper at WR, we agreed that I would make a thread with a poll discussing the two groups. Here it is:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=345538

Saints the runaway so far.

I was going to stay out of this, another "my guy is better than your guy" between the Saints/Falcon fans, but face it Brees is why you are going to get all of the votes you are getting.

Switch QB's for the teams in the last 3 years, and this poll would likely be much different.

I would like to see this same poll after Ryan has a few years with his reievers under his belt.

No need for stats here Nola, I have lived through some of the games already, Colston is a very good reciever.

Most of you probably saw me and Shreds debate about who's deeper at WR, we agreed that I would make a thread with a poll discussing the two groups. Here it is:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=345538

Saints the runaway so far.

OK .... I DON'T MIND GIVING THE DEVIL HIS DUE.

THE SAINTS HAVE A (slight) EDGE IN THIS

PARTICULAR CATEGORY. :D

But how "DEEP" you go into

the playoffs is the category

that will really matter. B)

This is pretty childish imo. I noticed a lot of saints fans on the thread?

Saints:

Marques Colston- 760 yards, 16.2 YPC, 5 TD's

Devery Henderson- 793 yards, 24.8 YPC, 3 TD's

Lance Moore- 928 yards, 11.7 YPC, 10 TD's

Robert Meachem- 289 yards, 24.1 YPC, 3 TD's

Rod Harper- 0,0,0

Courtney Roby- 0,0,0

Falcons:

Roddy White- 1,382 yards, 15.7 YPC, 7 TD's

Michael Jenkins- 777 yards, 15.5 YPC, 3 TD's

Marty Booker- 211 yards, 15.1 YPC, 2 TD's

Brian Finneran- 169 yards, 8 YPC, 1 TD

Eric Weems- 4 yards, 4 YPC, 0 TD

If you look at the stats our top two are bette rthan your top two imo. I see that clearly and an argument could be made one way or the other for the 3, 4, and 5th, WRs so we could call it a wash? If HD is in our lineup this season than I say we are the deeper WR corps? As it stand I'm willing to say we are equal? I will say we hace a true #1 threat and I'm not sure you could say that about yourselves?

It may be childish, but it was really the only fair way to resolve the issue. The Saints are deeper than the Falcons at WR, and it's not close.

As for your top two against our top two, it's still the Saints. When Lance Moore is your third best reciever that should tell you something. As for the Saints not having a clear cut #1, that HAS to be a joke. Almost as laughable as Marty Booker being better than any Saints reciever.

i don't think this is a fair argument because the saints WRs will have more yds, receptions and TDs than the falcons WRs because of the simple fact that the saints pass the ball more. brees had like 1,600 more passing yds than ryan last year and those yds have to go somewhere.

i do think colston is better than he gets credit for though. he's a **** good wr and i think he could be a 1,100-1,300 yd WR in just about any system for any team.

You judt disagreed with me a minute ago on the same issue? Do you really read the replies or are you just dead set against anything I say? I would still debate the depth myself but Its not worth arguing really. Let's say our teams have a group corp of WRs better than many other NFL teams!

I'm dead set against anything you say. :D

Nah, I'm messin. I thought about it, and as a 1,2 set White and Jenkins is probably better than Colston and Henderson. Basically, I changed my mind.

I really don't see how any Falcon WR besides Roddy would even see a spot on our roster. That doesn't mean the Falcon WRs aren't any good, but you have to be regoddamnedtarded to believe the two corps are even close to equal. And as this poll illustrates, nobody outside of Falconland even has to hear an argument about it.

Those of you trying to mitigate our WR's talent by pointing to the presence of Brees: He might accout for their yardage, but they still account for his completion%, wich is near the top of the league, consistently. It's a team game, people.

I really don't see how any Falcon WR besides Roddy would even see a spot on our roster. That doesn't mean the Falcon WRs aren't any good, but you have to be regoddamnedtarded to believe the two corps are even close to equal. And as this poll illustrates, nobody outside of Falconland even has to hear an argument about it.

Those of you trying to mitigate our WR's talent by pointing to the presence of Brees: He might accout for their yardage, but they still account for his completion%, wich is near the top of the league, consistently. It's a team game, people.

nola even admitts are number 1and2 are better. roddy is better then colston...jenks is better thenur # 2

if you put the falcons recieving corp.....roddyjenks and harry douglas on the saints brees would put up atleast the same numbers. there is nothing your recievers do that ours couldent....you guys got good back ups but our first 2 recievers put up bigger numbers then yours. FACT

I could see Douglas making this roster. He's a guy Payton would love to have, a Reggie Bush type player expect on the outside.

nola even admitts are number 1and2 are better. roddy is better then colston...jenks is better thenur # 2

I don't really know how much that says though. Lance Moore is the Saints 2nd best reciever, and he's the #3 because that's where the Saints like to have him. If he was the #2, it wouldnt be close between the 1 and 2's.