UF to play rocky top after every score?

SacFalcFan

I'm convinced that Lane Kiffen is one of the most influential men in the world.

In just a few short months, he has me rooting not just for a UF victory, but the kind of debilitating, soul crushing blowout that will have hillbilly mothers telling their little Jeds and Johnboys that if they don't slop out the hogs when they wake up every morning, Tebow will come circumcise them. I want the score run up till the UT scoreboard explodes, and they disband the football team, because no one can stand to return to Neyland Stadium, where "THE BEATDOWN" occurred.

Pre Lane, I would have never thought this kind of inner UF support possible.

I'm convinced that Lane Kiffen is one of the most influential men in the world.

In just a few short months, he has me rooting not just for a UF victory, but the kind of debilitating, soul crushing blowout that will have hillbilly mothers telling their little Jeds and Johnboys that if they don't slop out the hogs when they wake up every morning, Tebow will come circumcise them. I want the score run up till the UT scoreboard explodes, and they disband the football team, because no one can stand to return to Neyland Stadium, where "THE BEATDOWN" occurred.

Pre Lane, I would have never thought this kind of inner UF support possible.

You do know the game is in The Swamp, not at Neyland?

I don't see the band playing Rocky Top. It would make it seem as if the university is blatantly endorsing the mockery (which is an SEC no-no). But it wouldn't surprise me at all if the fans do it.

That could start an interesting new trend. Maybe the UT fans will sing "I've been working on the railroad" throughout the UT/Georgia game on October 11th. Perhaps Ole Miss fans could start bringing cowbells to the Mississippi State/Ole Miss game every year. I'm sure that Alabama and Auburn fans could find some way of mocking the mascots. I know that Auburn fans refer to the Capstone at the University of Alabama as the Crapstone.

I never have understood why Auburn uses a War Eagle motto and has that Eagle fly before the game, if they're the Tigers. I know that some coach in the 1920's or something said that Alabama players played like red elephants, so they have used an elephant in their logo ever since then.

That would be great.... but I don't think it will happen, because as LawDawg said it kinda makes it look like the university is actually endorsing the mockery.

This game reeks of Meyer rubbing Kiffin's face in a beatdown. I wouldn't put it past him to organize it with the band to play Rocky Top after UF wins, but definitely not after every score. I think if UT hears that even after the first score we'll have problems on the field.

Well if they're going to do it, they better do it this year while they still can. With the young talent we have now, and the recruiting classes that will inevitably be coming, I have a feeling the gap in talent will be much closer in a year or two. When Fulmer left, he didn't leave much talent behind, and Tennessee football had become stale and very unexciting. Lane talked his talk to get Tennessee back on people's minds and on their TV's. He knew we weren't going to beat Florida this year as we all do, but to be brash enough to even hint at it got all the newspaper and television shows talking about it, and they still are. I say a win for Lane Kiffin and Tennessee. Don't forget when Nick Saban took over at Alabama, they weren't exactly loaded with talent either, and I think they lost to Louisiana Monroe his first year. All I am saying is when the talent level is equal, or even closer than it is now, I actually have faith in the coaches we have in place now. I never felt this way with the previous staff.

Probably the same way they'd allow an entire team to celebrate a touchdown... :D

they had no idea that was going to happen, but this is something that if true has gotten out and it's a guarantee kiffin has been in touch with the league office on this and the SEC Commish would be involved.. He has told the coaches to stop doing the back and forth bickering and playing rocky top would cause problems on the field.