Don't Know if this was Already Posted or NOT but

Falcster

This article makes some very true points while ALSO making obviously biased remarks leaning in favor of the fishy smelling team (not the Falcons)! :lol:

LINK : http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football...ry/1232299.html

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't see the bias remarks, I thought the review was right on. I mean, a Falcon fan might think they aren't giving Bierman enough credit for his play and instead blaming the pass protection, but let's be honest, nobody outside of Atlanta knows who he is, and he is going to have to put up a few more performances like that before people say "well we just couldn't block that guy because he is too good."

I didn't see the bias remarks, I thought the review was right on. I mean, a Falcon fan might think they aren't giving Bierman enough credit for his play and instead blaming the pass protection, but let's be honest, nobody outside of Atlanta knows who he is, and he is going to have to put up a few more performances like that before people say "well we just couldn't block that guy because he is too good."

WELL put! You make a valid point! ;)

Sad, but true write up on the game from the local Miami beat writer. Glad he pointed out how a few Ryan over throws kept it from being a rout. Funny though after week one, one of the dolphin fans commented "let's just get ready for the draft".. We have some on this board like that also.

The truth is the Dolphins are in for a long season. I have a ton of respect for what they did last year, but everybody in the AFC East feasted on the fact that they had both the AFC West and NFC West on the schedule. That is why every teamin the division managed to dramatically improve (except NE) and it's also the reason that Matt Cassel got that rediculous contract in KC, that they are going to severly regret I think.

The Dolphins just are not that talented a football team, and Pennington has never had two good years in a row, so i expect a rough year for them.

Just wanted to note that every time Pennington was reinserted into the lineup after a "WildPat" play, he screwed things up. Clearly his focus got affected when he was brought to the sidelines during a drive. Also on 3 occasions Pennington threw the ball away on third down releasing the throw well before he had to. While the defensive pressure and coverages had Pennington flustered, clearly he played well below his normal level as well for whatever reason. When you add all that to the turnovers, you can see how badly the Dolphins shot themselves in the foot on Sunday.

Now the Falcons also played poorly at times, but at least the coaches and quarterbacks weren't making huge mental mistakes and the ball carriers held onto the friggin ball. In fact the only really stupid play I recall by the Falcons was Abraham spiking the ball.

I really think the Falcons coaching staff was the key to the Dolphins victory. The offensive and defensive play calling was superb and the players had utter confidence throughout the contest making the small adversities such as the missed kicks easy to overcome. Even though the offense was not smooth for the most part, you could tell that the players believed in what they were doing and confident that things would work out. The defense also displayed confidence and bravado throughout the game.

At this point I am not worried that the player's confidence will turn into neglectful cockiness anytime soon simply because their are still a ton of things that they still need to improve upon and I am sure that the coaches are letting them know about it.

Bottomline: the Falcons coaching staff out coached Miami's staff by a large margin.