Grimes

hawkeye

Would he REALLY be on the field if he was on another team? And I'm primarily talking about NB b/c we know he won't be starting. He really

aint a bad cover guy but he is just too small. If you are with the WR but still can't make a play b/c you are too short, then IMO you are still

useless. Why are we still holding on to him? It reminds me of how we kept holding on to Webster and he was not getting the job done. I

thought he would never leave. Last year and this preseason Grimes could not hold the starting position, so why is he still here? What are

they waiting on? He's not going to grow anymore. He's just too small and taking up space if you ask me.

This isn't Madden. You can't trade for All-Pro's at every position. If he's still seeing the field that means he is currently still the best option at that role at that time.

I didn't say anything about trading. But time will tell about Grimes. It's just a matter of time before he is on the bench again. My thing is why

wait to bench him?

Funny thing if a guy is in a WR back pocket, the QB may think the WR is covered and decide to throw it somewhere else, esp. with Abe and Biermann bearing down on him.

Grimes has his uses. Most 3rd and 4th WR are not 6'3"+, and it's likely that once Hill is up to speed that Grimes may slide down to Dime.

Grime the Dime...

Would he REALLY be on the field if he was on another team? And I'm primarily talking about NB b/c we know he won't be starting. He really

aint a bad cover guy but he is just too small. If you are with the WR but still can't make a play b/c you are too short, then IMO you are still

useless. Why are we still holding on to him? It reminds me of how we kept holding on to Webster and he was not getting the job done. I

thought he would never leave. Last year and this preseason Grimes could not hold the starting position, so why is he still here? What are

they waiting on? He's not going to grow anymore. He's just too small and taking up space if you ask me.

Grimes really did not play NB much (if any at all). When he came in he came in at LCB, Williams slide to NB.

By the way he came in for 36 of the 59 total plays ran by the Dolphins So he played slightly over 50% of the time

I not saying he is good or bad just noting how much the coaches are actually using him.

Grimes really did not play NB much (if any at all). When he came in he came in at LCB, Williams slide to NB.

By the way he came in for 36 of the 59 total plays ran by the Dolphins So he played slightly over 50% of the time

I not saying he is good or bad just noting how much the coaches are actually using him.

I know where he played. Like I said it's a matter of time. He is too inconsistant.

Do I need to remind you of the Carolina, Detroit, and San Diego games?

How does that make any sense? The majority of corners are within an inch of his height. I could just as easily point you to bad games by a 6 foot or taller corner. Carolina's first game was an issue. Are you talking about Detroit last year or preseason this year? Same with San Diego. It's always poor form to compare to preseason, so I would hope you were talking about both games last year. If I remember, Roy Williams had one great catch on Grimes, where the ball was at a point where only Williams could have caught it. Grimes would have to be close to 7 feet tall to stop the ball.

I dunno, but this height issue is ridiculous. Like the guy who is 5 foot 9 is way too ridiculously short to cover any NFL WR, but pretty much every corner we have is within an inch or two of his height. This is the size of corners, every corner gets burned, and of course Grimes came undrafted and didn't start until the very very end of 07. The coaching staff (or staff's) have seen the potential in him, and he has had a good bit of play since.

And if we go by your "If a WR was that short" bit of misinformed garbage, you know that Wes Welker fits in my back pocket, right. He is literally the size of Grimes, and yet anyone they put on him can't cover him. Weems is just a bit bigger, and yet he is a WR. Not every wide receiver is 6 foot 5, 230 lbs, and every corner isn't 6 foot 2, 220 lbs. Your standards are ridiculous.

I see now that we could actually conversate for days! I've been paying more attention to your posts and you are a DB hound like myself. You're just louder about it. LOL. Its cool cause even when I don't agree with you I at least can understand your post, so I just wanted to say that.

Are you a DB yourself? How is Delmas? I saw him get a flag during the game. Also, Grimes is kept at nickel (I'm not crazy about the guy) because he's a guy who could start on a team if others went down. He's a back-up. Webster was a pariah. 70+ tackles...looks good on paper, but what if all 70 were after a reception of 7-12yds or more. Thats what I found about 3 or 4 years ago and posted it as my argument. Grimes is better than Webster in coverage, but he gets dragged all over the place. (drugged) :lol::lol::lol:

I think it looks good with Williams and Houston, but I'd be a lot happier if Houston were the Nickel and Hill was the starter.

Guys, leave the Madden comments in your den, we are not interested in that garbage' (French accent...jk)

I see now that we could actually conversate for days! I've been paying more attention to your posts and you are a DB hound like myself. You're just louder about it. LOL. Its cool cause even when I don't agree with you I at least can understand your post, so I just wanted to say that.

Are you a DB yourself? How is Delmas? I saw him get a flag during the game. Also, Grimes is kept at nickel (I'm not crazy about the guy) because he's a guy who could start on a team if others went down. He's a back-up. Webster was a pariah. 70+ tackles...looks good on paper, but what if all 70 were after a reception of 7-12yds or more. Thats what I found about 3 or 4 years ago and posted it as my argument. Grimes is better than Webster in coverage, but he gets dragged all over the place. (drugged) :lol::lol::lol:

I think it looks good with Williams and Houston, but I'd be a lot happier if Houston were the Nickel and Hill was the starter.

Guys, leave the Madden comments in your den, we are not interested in that garbage' (French accent...jk)

Here is a link for Delmas. He doing good so far on paper. Don't know how he actually looks on film as far as being in the right position.

http://www.detroitlions.com/team/roster/Lo...47-389a357bb3e2

Here is a link for Delmas. He doing good so far on paper. Don't know how he actually looks on film as far as being in the right position.

http://www.detroitlions.com/team/roster/Lo...47-389a357bb3e2

Yeah, he'll have an alright season. Just don't look for Bob Sanders, thats not fair for his skillset. He's more like a Decoud, but he'll catch on.

oh and idk if anyone else noticed this but grimes was in on the last playof the game this week and for the jumpball out jumped finneran to tip the ball... i couldn't believe he out jumped finneran who is 6'5 considering that grimes is 5'6... i heard he had hops but ****... even though he did tip it almost to jarret... idk why they didn't try to punch it out of bounds...

oh and idk if anyone else noticed this but grimes was in on the last playof the game this week and for the jumpball out jumped finneran to tip the ball... i couldn't believe he out jumped finneran who is 6'5 considering that grimes is 5'6... i heard he had hops but ****... even though he did tip it almost to jarret... idk why they didn't try to punch it out of bounds...

lack of experience.......anyone remember the great D.Hall when he went for the INT.

but yeah Grimes has hops.....he can really get up there....I just wish it was automatic and he could get up with recievers like that all time........he's excellent defending fades though lol