I really wish Delhomme hadn't sucked so badly last week!

BankerBird™

Now he's gonna come out against us and try to prove he's an elder Tom Brady. And with our corps of DBs, he just might pull it off.

I don't know about you, but I'd much rather the Falcons be playing the Panthers with Delhomme having thrown for 5 TDs the previous week as opposed to 5 INTs. I know our D looked pretty stout against a good Miami Dolphins offense, but still, they're not the Philadelphia Eagles defense, and I'm concerned that our DBs won't play as well against Smith and Muhammad, thereby, making Delhomme look as if his performance last week was just an aberration.

It's gonna be up to our D-line to put pressure on Delhomme for four quarters (or until Fox pulls him) which, consequently, should also take some pressure off our DBs.

Jeff OTAH LP

Panthers OT Jeff Otah on Carolina's offensive line struggles: "We have to communicate better. That is what a lot of problem was. We have to do better at working together and identifying the 'Mike' linebacker. (Philadelphia) had a lot of good disguises out there."

Panthers starting RT Jeff Otah wasn't able to fully practice today. That's a concern because if he can't play Sunday there's a big dropoff to backup Geoff Schwartz.

I definitely don't expect a repeat of last week's performance. A high school freshman QB couldn't have topped that performance.

However, it is clear to the whole NFL that if you rattle him, mix up coverages, get him flustered, he's prone to make the mistakes. That's what we have to do. Smith can get his yards, but the key is not to let it beat us. We know what our offense is capable of. Let them do their thing, and the defense can pin its ears back and attack Delhomme. First thing is first, however. Stop their running game.

I definitely don't expect a repeat of last week's performance. A high school freshman QB couldn't have topped that performance.

However, it is clear to the whole NFL that if you rattle him, mix up coverages, get him flustered, he's prone to make the mistakes. That's what we have to do. Smith can get his yards, but the key is not to let it beat us. We know what our offense is capable of. Let them do their thing, and the defense can pin its ears back and attack Delhomme. First thing is first, however. Stop their running game.

Now he's gonna come out against us and try to prove he's an elder Tom Brady. And with our corps of DBs, he just might pull it off.

I don't know about you, but I'd much rather the Falcons be playing the Panthers with Delhomme having thrown for 5 TDs the previous week as opposed to 5 INTs. I know our D looked pretty stout against a good Miami Dolphins offense, but still, they're not the Philadelphia Eagles defense, and I'm concerned that our DBs won't play as well against Smith and Muhammad, thereby, making Delhomme look as if his performance last week was just an aberration.

It's gonna be up to our D-line to put pressure on Delhomme for four quarters (or until Fox pulls him) which, consequently, should also take some pressure off our DBs.

I know what your mindset is rite now ........'glass is half empty' but, it's ok to ponder all week with this perception.

Here's my take on this......the fact that, NOT just Delhomme but, even their D is under tremendous pressure they will be forced to play an unconventional game.......which is not their skill set.

No doubt, they will play hard but, even donkey as an animal put in lot of hardwork day in n out.

Falcons are far superior team on paper & in execution.....especially at the Dome.

I foresee it will be a low scoring game with Falcons winning the game with point diff. of 3

You do realize that's his second awful game in a row, right?

BB- I'm sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree that because he stunk so bad last week that it means anything will be any different this Sunday. I'm sure after the way the Delhomme stunk it up in the playoffs last season (6 INTs), he came into this first game of the season vs the Eagles with that same "I've got something to prove" mentality, ESPECIALLY after signing a new contract extension with a $20 million signing bonus to absolutely NO avail. If he couldn't overcome that performance without laying an egg in the first game of the season, MONTHS later, how is he going to to do it in a week? I can't believe that playoff game wasn't on his mind when he went up against the Eagles and yet he still stunk the place up anyway. I see no reason we can't make sure it happens again. The dude is and has always been a headcase, the media just created a story about him like he wasn't one and he was all that when they were winning when it had more to do with their defense and running game and even coaching more so than him at the time. Now the wheels are coming off his game cause their defense isn't as stout, they will have to play from behind because of that so he'll have to chuck it to win games for them unlike in the past, and I believe we will end all doubts this Sunday who the real Jacqueline "The Fraud" Delhomme is, bet on it... <_<

I generally come from the same line of thought.. Delhomme is either going to throw 5 INTs or 5 TDs this week trying to prove something. I would much rather him come out and throw 1 TD and 1 INT playing his normal game, and just walk out with a loss.

O well..

Banker, his confidence might just be shot. If he's got anything left, I think you are right. I think that he will have a good game and Carolina can pull out a W if Jake is confident in himself. But I really, really have some doubts about that.

I'm going to go on record predicting a good game from Jake and a Carolina win. Most of that is blind faith, but it's all I really have right now. But I think it's more likely that Jake will destroy the entire team again and Atlanta will roll.

Well I would agree with you if he hadn't finished last season the way he did. Last Sunday was the game he went into with something to prove. This Sunday he will just be desperately trying to hold onto his job. I think that bodes well for Atlanta.

One of two scenarios:

1. Jake lost confidence after constant interceptions. He plays conservative and rarely goes down the field, meaning an easier time stopping the Carolina offense.

2. Jake tries to overcompensate for his bad performances, ends up slinging it all over the field likely resulting in many interceptions.

Both are good for us.

Banker.

Haven't heard from you in months.

I knew a Panther game would bring you out. What is it about the Panties that gets you going?

Anyway don't worry about Del Homo. He will take another GA Dome beat down.

He hasn't seen a Falcon defense with this much speed and urgency in ugh>>>>>>>>>>>>ever. He struggled with Don Blackmon's defenses in the Dome.

If Smitty can get his DE rotations right Opie will suffer. Trust me.