GaTech/Falcon Fans:

gatorsurf

I think the much better question is, if UGA hadn't completely dominated this series, both as a whole and in the last 8 years, would you be rooting for UGA against the Hawgs? I would think the answer is a yes. It's hard to root for the bully that's pushed you down, stolen your lunch money and your girl, for pretty much your entire life, even if he's in a fight with a mugger. I understand Tech fans, I really do.

its tough. i hope they both lose, but as Jay Posey said, I might actually start to forgive Petrino if he can beat u(sic)ga this weekend. that says a lot too, considering i was one of those people defending petrino up until he up and left. <_<

I think the much better question is, if UGA hadn't completely dominated this series, both as a whole and in the last 8 years, would you be rooting for UGA against the Hawgs? I would think the answer is a yes. It's hard to root for the bully that's pushed you down, stolen your lunch money and your girl, for pretty much your entire life, even if he's in a fight with a mugger. I understand Tech fans, I really do.

the result would be the same. Tech fans hate uga for more reasons than football. i have never had a uga fan take anything from me. ive also never considered uga a bully - they are a lot of things, but they arent that. even if he's in a fight with a mugger? lol. cause that happens so much right? way to give a scenario that practically no one can relate to. :lol:

i don't think you can even begin to understand Tech fans. we're arrogant and we're perfectionists, but those same characteristics make most of us successful graduates.

Haha, wow. Entire analogy/hyperbolic post flew right over your head.

UGA stealing something=UGA continually beating tech, including "stealing" many games where UGA played awful(god, I miss Reggie Ball SO much).

Mugger- Someone more evil and worthy of beating down than a bully...say a cowardly quitter who enjoys lying to dedicated old men about his position on a football team, and telling other grown men they aren't allowed to talk while eating or on the team plane.

Bully- Someone who's pushed your team around on the field much more often than not.

It's not that I can't understand Tech fans, it's that some of them apparently don't understand the world :P

I have no doubt you are succesful at your job, congrats. Who really cares about your job in the context of football? That's something to hang your hat on OUTSIDE, before you step into the sports arena, either as a fan, or a player.

UGA stealing something=UGA continually beating tech, including "stealing" many games where UGA played awful(god, I miss Reggie Ball SO much).

Mugger- Someone more evil and worthy of beating down than a bully...say a cowardly quitter who enjoys lying to dedicated old men about his position on a football team, and telling other grown men they aren't allowed to talk while eating or on the team plane.

Bully- Someone who's pushed your team around on the field much more often than not.

It's not that I can't understand Tech fans, it's that some of them apparently don't understand the world :P

I have no doubt you are succesful at your job, congrats. Who really cares about your job in the context of football? That's something to hang your hat on OUTSIDE, before you step into the sports arena, either as a fan, or a player.

its been a long day :P

but some uga fans repeat those same examples only not as a metaphor (ex any ajc article about tech's comment section), so it probably would have been better to use something else, but as proven in the the 'branden and brandon show' uga fans lack originality, so i understand.~

arrogance and perfectionism aren't limited to jobs. behavioral traits carry over. for example, a dumb redneck retains his dumb traits even after he becomes a uga fan (if it doesnt boost them)~ there are such things as arrogant fans, and fans that expect their team to be perfect every time they touch the field. so if there is group of fans, and if this certain demographic are also arrogant, and they also end up being successful, then fans that are successful in their daily lives can also be arrogant fans - see what i did right there? we call that the transitive property of equality.~

:lol: :lol:

its been a long day :P

but some uga fans repeat those same examples only not as a metaphor (ex any ajc article about tech's comment section), so it probably would have been better to use something else, but as proven in the the 'branden and brandon show' uga fans lack originality, so i understand.~

arrogance and perfectionism aren't limited to jobs. behavioral traits carry over. for example, a dumb redneck retains his dumb traits even after he becomes a uga fan (if it doesnt boost them)~ there are such things as arrogant fans, and fans that expect their team to be perfect every time they touch the field. so if there is group of fans, and if this certain demographic are also arrogant, and they also end up being successful, then fans that are successful in their daily lives can also be arrogant fans - see what i did right there? we call that the transitive property of equality.~

I must confess ignorance to the transitive property of equality. Fancy way of saying arrogant people become arrogant fans? So there are fans, and these fans are arrogant, and they are also succesful in their daily lives...so they are arrogant as fans too? That seems pretty straightforward...except for the whole part about them also being Ga Tech fans, I would have thought that would quickly take the starch right out of you as far as arrogance on the football field??? Very confused redneck here!

I must confess ignorance to the transitive property of equality. Fancy way of saying arrogant people become arrogant fans? So there are fans, and these fans are arrogant, and they are also succesful in their daily lives...so they are arrogant as fans too? That seems pretty straightforward...except for the whole part about them also being Ga Tech fans, I would have thought that would quickly take the starch right out of you as far as arrogance on the football field??? Very confused redneck here!

well ga tech does have four national championships compared to uga's two, we were independent for a while after leaving the SEC mostly bc of the incident with bear bryant, but even in the days of bobby dodd, tech paid schools more so that they wouldnt have to have a home and home; they viewed the other sec towns as below them and didnt want to lower themselves and go play in a rural alabama. heck, even our fight song reeks of arrogance. its part of our tradition, and if other teams have problems with it, we might just throw dead fish at them. just ask notre dame.~

I don't hate UGA because of them beating Tech for 7 (not 8) years straight, I hate them because they have some of the most ignorant football fans that I have ever come across. I say football fans because these people don't know anything about UGA other than football. ****, I even know more than they do. All they are good for is yelling "Go Dawgs!! WOOF!! WOOF!!" Please understand that I am not calling all UGA fans ignorant. My rule is if you can not name at least 5 players on your favorite team then you are an ignorant fan. I hated UGA way before the 7 game streak came along and it didn't make me hate them any more than I already did. I enjoy UGA fans when they lose because they pull out their little book of excuses and start spitting them out. UGA never loses to a team better they them; they always get screwed or just unlucky. I know plenty of UGA fans that are cool when UGA they win and give props to the other team if they lose. I have haven't met one on the internet yet. Anyway, my hate for UGA runs deep and it grows more each year and the reason why is because I am a true Tech fan. You can not call yourself a true fan of either school if you ever pull for the other school to win a game. Being a college football fan is fun and having a hated rival such as UGA makes it 10x better. I will congratulate UGA fans when they win but I will never pull for them to win any game in any sport.

I don't hate UGA because of them beating Tech for 7 (not 8) years straight, I hate them because they have some of the most ignorant football fans that I have ever come across. I say football fans because these people don't know anything about UGA other than football. ****, I even know more than they do. All they are good for is yelling "Go Dawgs!! WOOF!! WOOF!!" Please understand that I am not calling all UGA fans ignorant. My rule is if you can not name at least 5 players on your favorite team then you are an ignorant fan. I hated UGA way before the 7 game streak came along and it didn't make me hate them any more than I already did. I enjoy UGA fans when they lose because they pull out their little book of excuses and start spitting them out. UGA never loses to a team better they them; they always get screwed or just unlucky. I know plenty of UGA fans that are cool when UGA they win and give props to the other team if they lose. I have haven't met one on the internet yet. Anyway, my hate for UGA runs deep and it grows more each year and the reason why is because I am a true Tech fan. You can not call yourself a true fan of either school if you ever pull for the other school to win a game. Being a college football fan is fun and having a hated rival such as UGA makes it 10x better. I will congratulate UGA fans when they win but I will never pull for them to win any game in any sport.

i agree with this almost completely, but my rules for what makes an ignorant fan are a little bit different. if you think every player on your team should be an unanimous Heisman selection, you're ignorant. thats where most of my hate towards uga comes from. i realize that everyone supports their team, but when you start saying that every one of your teams players is better than those on other teams and quit listening to reason, i have no patience for you, and i have met a TON of uga fans like that. my opinion is that tech fans are arrogant, but at least we re not insensible homers.

Go Hawgs!!!!

I just wanted to know what it felt like to spell Hogs with a "aw".

I can't stand Petrino for what he did to the Falcons but my hate runs deeper towards UGA. I might would even consider forgiving him if he finds a way to beat UGA.. :P

I've no issue with you not rooting for UGA, but that is just too far... :P

That really confuses me. I don't like Ga Tech, but given a choice between Tech and Petrino, I'd pay good money to see Tech destroy his team, and I'd love it. I don't feel this deep hatred towards GT.

Think of it this way: When Florida plays Arkansas later this year, who do you root for? Patrino or Florida? And try to think of it in terms of UGA already being out of the SEC East race (hypothetically).

You are describing Georgia Tech fans above to a T. Great description and I echo your comment on the internet as well. That is one reason I can't stand GT. The have have some of the most ignorant football fans out there there. You try to talk to them about their own team and they know less then uga fans do about Tech and even worse they think any player (if you tell them the player is a tech player) who puts on a GT jersey is the best player out there and better than any player any of their rivals have. I loved the Reggie Ball excuses early on when it was clear he wasn't worth a darn. Then we hear how good a passer Nesbit is and it got so bad we were told ignore completion % because that doesn't mean anything. That to me is a bad fan base when you ignore football logic when discussing your own players. That is a blind homer without any sense. When every player is a 1st round pick (see michael johnson among others) that fills the bill as well. As you said about uga fans, not all gt fans are ignorant, but most are and those who are include being quite arrogant. You add arrogance and ignorance and that's a bad mix. Not referring to any fan on this board of course..

Think of it this way: When Florida plays Arkansas later this year, who do you root for? Patrino or Florida? And try to think of it in terms of UGA already being out of the SEC East race (hypothetically).

Seriously? Unless it is going to decide the East, then I want UF to put up a triple-digit score. bobby petrino is the scum of the coaching world. Not in his ability, but in his character.

If you guys want to pull for a whiny, thief-in-the-night, backstabbing, cowardly liar over a good man who tries to actually help his players and not just himself the team's record, adopts orphans (with major medical need, no less) from foreign lands while having his own children as well, and just truly tries to be what he presents himself as, a good Christian man; well then, be my guest. I for one, wouldn't be caught dead pulling bobby petrino to win ANYTHING. Except maybe a surprise firing. :D

Seriously? Unless it is going to decide the East, then I want UF to put up a triple-digit score. bobby petrino is the scum of the coaching world. Not in his ability, but in his character.

If you guys want to pull for a whiny, thief-in-the-night, backstabbing, cowardly liar over a good man who tries to actually help his players and not just himself the team's record, adopts orphans (with major medical need, no less) from foreign lands while having his own children as well, and just truly tries to be what he presents himself as, a good Christian man; well then, be my guest. I for one, wouldn't be caught dead pulling bobby petrino to win ANYTHING. Except maybe a surprise firing. :D

I hate Petrino, but frankly what he did helped us get Mike Smith and a new GM. If that hadn't happened it's very like mckay would be our GM and the situation we are in now doesn't exist. That is one reason why i can't stand him, but i won't root against him in college. I actually hope arkansas does well. A strong arkansas in the sec west makes that division that much tougher and I like that. I will not root for florida against arkansas.

You are describing Georgia Tech fans above to a T. Great description and I echo your comment on the internet as well. That is one reason I can't stand GT. The have have some of the most ignorant football fans out there there. You try to talk to them about their own team and they know less then uga fans do about Tech and even worse they think any player (if you tell them the player is a tech player) who puts on a GT jersey is the best player out there and better than any player any of their rivals have. I loved the Reggie Ball excuses early on when it was clear he wasn't worth a darn. Then we hear how good a passer Nesbit is and it got so bad we were told ignore completion % because that doesn't mean anything. That to me is a bad fan base when you ignore football logic when discussing your own players. That is a blind homer without any sense. When every player is a 1st round pick (see michael johnson among others) that fills the bill as well. As you said about uga fans, not all gt fans are ignorant, but most are and those who are include being quite arrogant. You add arrogance and ignorance and that's a bad mix. Not referring to any fan on this board of course..

Sac, every team has ignorant fans. I just see more UGA flags and stickers in my area and half of these people know nothing. I work at a Nuclear Power plant loaded with GT alumni and UGA fans. I can't discuss football with the UGA fans because they don't know anything about their team except for what ESPN reports. I haven't talked to any Tech fans that think Nesbitt is an accurate passer but I still talk to many UGA fans that still think Cox is good and that Caleb King is going to do just as good as Moreno(I then have to remind them that he isn't the starter). I am not an arrogant fan but I do take pride in the fact that I not a fan of a certain team just because it's the cool thing to be. I chose to be a GT fan and even though there have not been many rewards it is a decision that I will never change no matter how bad things get. I will still wear my GT clothes and hang my GT flag and I will take any ribbing that comes my way. I just hope that UGA doesn't start losing 4 or 5 games a season because I won't be able to find a UGA fan around here to even mess with.

BTW, the Media hyped Michael Johnson as a first round pick at the beginning of last season. No different than UGA being a National Championship contender year in and year out. :P

Seriously? I don't care about the coaches' character in this case. Petrino made a career decision, he didn't do any personal harm to anyone. He wasn't happy with his current job so he left. That just makes him untrustworthy when it comes to having him coach your football team. I don't recall him stealing anything from the Falcons. Do I think he quit on his team? Yes.. I do not agree with what he did but I do not dislike him enough to pull for my rival team against him. I don't know him as a person so I do not think it is fair to say anything about him except that he did the Atlanta Falcons wrong. Had the Falcons fired him after the first season, would you hate the Falcons for doing Petrino wrong?