UN: Israel Committed War Crimes and Crimes Against Humanity

womfalcs3

The American tax payer's money is helping fund the crimes committed by Israel.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/09...gaza.incursion/

UNITED NATIONS (CNN) -- A United Nations report issued Tuesday says both Israel and the Palestinians committed actions amounting to war crimes during Israel's military incursion into Gaza from December 27 to January 18.

A member of Hamas walks through a building damaged during fighting with Israel in Gaza last January.

Although the U.N. investigation found that Palestinian militants also committed war crimes, the overwhelming majority of the criticism in a summary of the 574-page report targets Israel.

Israel "committed actions amounting to war crimes, possibly crimes against humanity," the report says.

The U.N. findings also conclude that Israel fired the chemical agent white phosphorous in civilian areas, intentionally fired high-explosive artillery shells upon hospitals, and failed to provide effective warnings to civilians or U.N. workers before attacks. It also claims that Israel used Palestinian civilians as human shields and deliberately attacked Palestinian food supplies in Gaza.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/artic...jectid=10597784

What would you know? :huh:

The definition of troll is constantly being redefined to serve people who want to cry about opposing opinions. -_-

While I fully admit that, the OP has a wonderful habit of tossing up anti-Israeli articles, then claiming to be unbiased. I am still waiting for condemnation of the other side. Still waiting......

So because someone is Anti-Israel, it means what? That Israel might be the problem? :huh:

Does Israel fuel the fire, or not?

Do they do it completely unprovoked? No. Hence the selective outrage. I am all for reigning in Israel by the purse strings, but inflammatory and thinly veiled anti-semitism (OP not you) just gets annoying. People act as if Israel is simply walking around kicking Palestinian children for kicks. Both sides deserve the scorn of the international community. Israel needs to stop building settlements, and Palestine needs to stop indiscriminately attack Israeli territory with the mere hope of killing someone.

Do they do it completely unprovoked? No. Hence the selective outrage. I am all for reigning in Israel by the purse strings, but inflammatory and thinly veiled anti-semitism (OP not you) just gets annoying. People act as if Israel is simply walking around kicking Palestinian children for kicks. Both sides deserve the scorn of the international community. Israel needs to stop building settlements, and Palestine needs to stop indiscriminately attack Israeli territory with the mere hope of killing someone.

It's a long battle so the "provocation" can be debated.

I think it is rather convenient that every time discussion of the conflicts over there die down, Israel finds new reasons to attack. While both sides can be to blame, I wish we would just stay out of it. Our country is such a servant to Saudi Arabia and Israel that we are only creating more problems for ourselves AND Israel.

We all know where the problem started and it doesn't help when Israel keeps antagonizing people who are willing to blow themselves up. -_-

If US aid is helping another country carry out terrorism, then that aid must cease. It should negate whatever agreement put in place that allowed for the aid transfer to commence.

Same with Egypt or whomever. If a country is using aid to commit unjust or criminal acts against its people or other peoples, then that aid should stop.

That's one reason Israel is more heavily criticized. They use state-of-the-art weapons supplied to them by western countries (aside from the money they receive from the US) to commit their terrorism. That's why the UK canceled weapons agreements with Israel recently.

When people around the world voices their anger against Israel, they're labeled as anti-semites. Flawed logic by those who name-call.

We give money and aid to the Palestinians too...

Link

1.) That's a small fraction of what Israel receives in weapons and money annually.

2.) Like I said in the post before yours, if it is shown that US money or supplies are being used to fund and carry out criminal acts on another people, then that aid must stop.

A United Nations report issued Tuesday says both Israel and the Palestinians committed actions amounting to war crimes during Israel's military incursion into Gaza from December 27 to January 18.

This is the very first thing the news article says. I think its clear the OP has an agenda against Israel.

We should just cut our support of Isreal. I don't really see any reason why we support them in the first place. They are Jews, so they should be protected? Really? They fuel alot of what is wrong in the Middle East by constantly breaking laws placed on them from the very same people that "gave" them their country.