Peterson's other play

I can not remember exactly where in the game it was. i believe sometime after the forced fumble, when peterson got up after a play pretty slowly. but anyway, peterson delivered a crushing helmet to helmet blow to the rb. I was thinking that had to hurt, but peterson showed nothing. then on the next play, the play came at him again, except this time, peterson takes a pretty pathetic dive at the rb's feet. There was obviously no intensity and to me, seemed like he was taking a dive mostly to protect himself. I thought immediately that he took a dive because his bell was still ringing from the previous play. Couldn't really blame him, but when he started to get up really slow from that particular play, i had a good feeling that he was still trying to shake off the first play mentioned.

It seemed kind of funny at the time and i was wondering if anyone else noticed.

And what's your point? After the first forced fumble and the interception he could have sat out the remainder of the game.

His play was instrumental in that Falcon win.

X2

Peterson played his butt off.....

he probably couldn't see straight for ten minutes after he hit Fasano so hard his ancestors felt it...

I can not remember exactly where in the game it was. i believe sometime after the forced fumble, when peterson got up after a play pretty slowly. but anyway, peterson delivered a crushing helmet to helmet blow to the rb. I was thinking that had to hurt, but peterson showed nothing. then on the next play, the play came at him again, except this time, peterson takes a pretty pathetic dive at the rb's feet. There was obviously no intensity and to me, seemed like he was taking a dive mostly to protect himself. I thought immediately that he took a dive because his bell was still ringing from the previous play. Couldn't really blame him, but when he started to get up really slow from that particular play, i had a good feeling that he was still trying to shake off the first play mentioned.

no, I didn't notice.

I get what you're saying, and it's entirely possible. I don't remember the play(s), though.

We've all seen guys take / deliver a shot that leaves them a little woozy. I've heard players say that they were so dazed all they could do was head toward the guys that were dressed like them, but they didn't want the other team to know they were shaky. Could well be that Peterson was still recovering from the hit of the previous play and didn't want to show it. If so - it's a compliment to his toughness and intensity.

I know this.....not only did I NEVER see Brooking make a hit like that but I never saw him close on a ball to make an interception like that either. He already seems like more of a vocal leader as well.

Not trying to knock Brooking but no way in **** he makes that interception.

I get what you're saying, and it's entirely possible. I don't remember the play(s), though.

We've all seen guys take / deliver a shot that leaves them a little woozy. I've heard players say that they were so dazed all they could do was head toward the guys that were dressed like them, but they didn't want the other team to know they were shaky. Could well be that Peterson was still recovering from the hit of the previous play and didn't want to show it. If so - it's a compliment to his toughness and intensity.

---Thanks for reading and i agree about the toughness.

If you remember when it was in the game I'll go back and take a look. Do you remember what qtr?

---Not sure. I know it was after his forced fumble. but everything kind of runs together.

if he was as shaken up as you say - it's very well possible that he was disoriented..not necessarily taking a dive

--- I'm not saying that he wasn't trying, but i am saying he let up and went for the guys toes when the runner was coming straight at him. Not petereson's style. he had plenty of help, so being a smart player, he took a dive. It's understandable. On the play before, he had crashed into the runner head on, I was surprised when he got up as quick as he did on that play. However, when i saw him get up slowly on the following play, when he pretty much did nothing, i assumed he was still feeling the previous play and had not wanted to show it at that time. Just macho stuff. Understandable, reasonable, and etc.

I know this.....not only did I NEVER see Brooking make a hit like that but I never saw him close on a ball to make an interception like that either. He already seems like more of a vocal leader as well.

Not trying to knock Brooking but no way in **** he makes that interception.

----I think there will be a lot less chatter from the brooking faithful.

what is the purpose of this thread? are we always trying to find something negative in a guys game when he clearly played out of his ******* mind? im tired of you wanna be fans.

MIKE PETERSON HAD A HELLUVA GAME. PERIOD!

I'm tire of people not reading things completely and then making a stupid comment. It seems that only a few here noticed that this thread was in no way bashing peterson. It was actually noting his verocious play and making a comment on all of two plays that pointed out that everyone is human and that includes peterson.

You mad?

Nah... just don't see the reason that KB is brought up EVERY time someone talks about Peterson. In Rev's annoying threads topic I said that anytime someone makes an unnecessary comment about KB when we are talking about our current LB I would now post the beating a dead horse pic rather than make comments. I'm tired of saying anything... I just wish people would show a little respect to our former Pro Bowl LB and future ROH member. Peterson played great Sunday... no reason to bring KB in it anymore.