Have the Falcons played a bad game yet?

jm_falcons

Under Coach Smith....have the Falcons played a bad game yet?

I think the Denver game was a disappointment last year but from what I remember...Denver just came in and played a very good game against us.

Roddy had the potential winning catch in that game but just could not quite hold on. It would have been a great catch.

I guess my point is this....unless Carolina can come in here and play well...I think the Falcons will roll.

We lost 6 games last year so I am not sure what your definition of bad game is.

Notably: The loss to NO was pretty bad and the playoff game fell apart after the half.

Our wins got uglier in December. We didn't beat the Vikings as much as they beat themselves and the Rams game was uncomfortably close.

We lost 6 games last year so I am not sure what your definition of bad game is.

Notably: The loss to NO was pretty bad and the playoff game fell apart after the half.

Our wins got uglier in December. We didn't beat the Vikings as much as they beat themselves and the Rams game was uncomfortably close.

I'LL TAKE THE SIX MENTIONED ABOVE. B)

We have not had a bad game under this coaching staff. Even in our losses, this team makes our opponents earn their wins. I have never once been embarassed after any of our losses. Even in the Tampa game, Ryan took a few early shots and we got behind, but we never gave up, and we fought back until the end and made the Bucs earn that W.

If you guys think a loss is a bad game, you haven't been a fan very long. KC running for a NFL record 8 TD's on us was a bad game. Vick bundled up on the sidelines and mailing it in against the Bears comes to mind. The early exit from the Eagles playoff game comes to mind. Allowing Carolina to run it down our throats over 50 times comes to mind. The entire Petrino era comes to mind. The entire team mailing it in after Vick went down comes to mind. The Superbowl team that mailed it in after Eugene... Nevermind, now I'm just getting pissed. We have had a LOT of teams that rolled over.

As a fan, I cannot expect my team to never lose, losses happen. A bad game is one that's lost due to a lack of effort, a lack of heart, or a lack of preparation. I have not seen a bad game since Smith and Co took over.

We have not had a bad game under this coaching staff. Even in our losses, this team makes our opponents earn their wins. I have never once been embarassed after any of our losses. Even in the Tampa game, Ryan took a few early shots and we got behind, but we never gave up, and we fought back until the end and made the Bucs earn that W.

If you guys think a loss is a bad game, you haven't been a fan very long. KC running for a NFL record 8 TD's on us was a bad game. Vick bundled up on the sidelines and mailing it in against the Bears comes to mind. The early exit from the Eagles playoff game comes to mind. Allowing Carolina to run it down our throats over 50 times comes to mind. The entire Petrino era comes to mind. The entire team mailing it in after Vick went down comes to mind. The Superbowl team that mailed it in after Eugene... Nevermind, now I'm just getting pissed. We have had a LOT of teams that rolled over.

As a fan, I cannot expect my team to never lose, losses happen. A bad game is one that's lost due to a lack of effort, a lack of heart, or a lack of preparation. I have not seen a bad game since Smith and Co took over.

Good post, well said.

I think the first Tampa game last year, and also the first Carolina game last year, might be considered bad games. But maybe not, it is debatable. Certainly nowhere near as bad as the examples you mentioned.

It's very impressive: the team shows up to play, and play hard, every week. I think I'm getting something in my eyes ... we really have something to be proud of.

x2...people have bad games mixed with losses apparently. and while our wins against the Vikes and Rams were ugly, those are the type of ugly games great teams win. all wins aren't going to be pretty passes and long runs...when everything goes wrong and we still pull it out, those are the games that turn alright teams into great ones

Ugh yeah

TB1 - first road (divisional) game against a top defense. were within a possession in the 4th

CAR1 - second road (divisional) game against a top defense. were within a possession in the 4th

PHI - GW TD drive had it not been for the bad muffed punt call?

DEN - What if Roddy White catches that ball?

NO2 - What if the Falcons run defense shows up, giving Ryan and co. another opportunity? 4th and 5?

ARI - GW TD drive had it not been for 3rd and 16?

[my thoughts in bold]

I knew the surprise 11-5 season could be a fluke, but after looking at all the losses, its really hard to pick or think of the Falcons as a fluke. They were in every game they played and the game @ TB may have been the most telling of a resilient group that plays with great team chemistry and plays hard for the full 60 minutes; this is something you could not have said before this unit.

Last time I checked there were no blue ribbons for participation. It is win or lose. I like that we were competitive but at the end of the day a win is something to be celebrated and a loss is something to learn from. I agree that teams in the past have set the bar really low but that has nothing to do with today. If you want what I want you want a team that sets the bar very high and never accepts losing. Luckily we have a coaching staff that does not even accept winning unless it was the best win it could have been. I am willing to bet the many on the team think that Sunday was a bad game.