Not Complaining At All....

Guest Gritz

After watching the game a couple of times it became pretty clear to me that our o-line had a very sub par performance. Dahl and Clabo did okay, McClure less so, Baker worse than McClure, and Blalock had the worst game of all of our linemen. Justin was beaten pretty consistently all day long and had a couple of penalties to boot.

Ryan was on his back far too often for my liking, and it's never a good sign when your best blocker for the day is Roddy White.

As much as some people on here like to rag on Turner when he doesn't rack up the big yards, there were no holes for him to get through most of the day.

I fully expect them to perform better this Sunday against the Kitties.........

Jamaal

wavey.gif

Can't disagree, but he apparently is this year's model of "He who shall not be named."

I don't really understand why we can't discuss this guy without everyone retreating to their well-worn foxholes.......

Can't disagree, but he apparently is this year's model of "He who shall not be named."

I don't really understand why we can't discuss this guy without everyone retreating to their well-worn foxholes.......

If it was discussion rather than "Jamaal Sux!!!!111!!!ONE!!!"

There would be no problem.

He's the only one on my radar this year. With the questions still lingering in our secondary, a strong pass rush is the only way to help them. Thus why I don't think average play for him is acceptable. We need to get on the qb and Jamaal needs to be in on that, as well.

*PUTS ON FLAME RESISTANT SUIT* :ph34r:

Ryan needs to hit those wide open balls he missed, and I think he will.

What's your take on why he missed those? Opening day jitters, after-effects of the flu.....no real reason?

I respect your views on all things football.......

I really think the Dolphins defense (especially the D-line) deserves more credit than what they are receiving. Sometimes you just have to tip your hat to the other team. Their defense played well.

I would however like to see our kicking game improve.

Jason ....pure vet player....he knows he effed up & it happens just an off day at work w/o serious damage. No wories!

Form is temporary but, class is permanent....& that's what we will see in coming games from Jason.

I think overall we had a solid game in all areas. A lot of QB's struggle at the very beginning so im not worried about Ryan struggling some. And Turner didn't have a huge day because Miami was keying on that. We'll see how the secondary is against a top tier WR Steve Smith. I wouldnt be suprised if we got another 4 turnover day with Jake daylight come and i shoulda stayed home.

What's your take on why he missed those? Opening day jitters, after-effects of the flu.....no real reason?

Think it's "rust" ... yes, they do have preseason games, but it's different when you know it counts (and the defense goes all out, shows stuff that you haven't seen on video because it's week 1, ... and suddenly you make a bad throw). We all know how hard a worker Ryan is, he won't miss them again next week.

I think overall we had a solid game in all areas. A lot of QB's struggle at the very beginning so im not worried about Ryan struggling some. And Turner didn't have a huge day because Miami was keying on that. We'll see how the secondary is against a top tier WR Steve Smith. I wouldnt be suprised if we got another 4 turnover day with Jake daylight come and i shoulda stayed home.

If he 'struggled' like this every game he woudl finish 352 of 576 with 32 touchdowns and ~ 3800 yards . . I know thats inexact, but just to put the 'struggle' in perspective.\

not sure about 4 turnover day......Panties were brutally kicked in their gutt by eagles. They will put a solid performance & it's going to a nail biting finish.....no second thoughts!!

offensively i'd like to see them play like we know they can. that includes ryan (missed a few passes), roddy (could've dove for one pass i think) and the oline opening up holes for turner. i think they'll get it going though. the starting unit barely played in the preseason compared to some teams.

defensively i don't expect 4 turnovers but if they could at least play solid i'd be alright.

The secondary wasnt tested much against the Dolphins. I expect Delhomme to come out and try to redeem himself. I do believe we will force a couple turnovers and I would like to see M. Turner controlling the clock against that Panther D.

Other than the Running game and Ryan missing a few easy ones, the offense looked good. I would like to see how our secondary stacks up against S. Smith and M. Muhammed.

I would say i'd like to see an improvement in the connection between Ryan and the receivers on the long ball.

I know the line wasn't stellar, but you do expect a certain number of hurries and even a sack or two.

But if he connects with the receivers those hurries don't hurt us.

I didn't like the semi-late hits on Ryan tho.

offense: i have to say we need to take the win quietly and work on improving against a base 3-4 def. this was a very very physical match-up. we never "owned" nor did the phins but this was a equal line.

defense: can we say "rotation, rotation and rotation". very impressed with HOW WELL we rotate on defense.

I am really really worried if teams play no huddle against us.

I kind of think it's just a result of starters not getting that much playing time during the preseason, and the fact that the Falcons didn't really take that many deep shots at all in the preseason. Most of the passes were 8-10 yards. Also I think he was really hyped, whether they admit it or not, these Falcons entered the season with high expectations for themselves.

In my view, both guards had sub-standard days. Both Blalock and Dahl couldn't seem to get their assignments down (I swear, every stunt on Dahl's side worked :angry: ). And yes, Baker looked as bad as I've seen him. Our o-line needs to all get back on the same page.

Outside of this, I would really like for Houston to stop his "D-Hall" tactics of turning to the refs and pleading his case every single play. He did that stuff in preseason, and now he's still calling for a push-off everytime a WR catches anything on him or thowing his hands up as if to say "I didn't touch him" when he defends a pass. Even when there is no flag, he's still trying to influence the ref (as if that has ever worked). That crap almost costed us a TD Sunday.

And, finally, Ryan has to get his timing down a bit better with his receivers (boy, did he look rusty).

But the good news is all of these things are very coachable. So, we'll see.