Congressmen Hank Johnson says people will put on "White hoods and unifroms and ride through the country side

IceStone

1: Hank Johnson talks like an idiot and he obviously didn't choose his words wisely.

2. I think what he is saying is that with the outburst, it promotes the wild behavior that eventually leads people to go to extreme measures to show their disapproval. It wouldn't surprise me if he has received some of that. Death threats aren't uncommon.

Basically, what he is saying makes sense but how he said it was extremely idiotic.

1: Hank Johnson talks like an idiot and he obviously didn't choose his words wisely.

2. I think what he is saying is that with the outburst, it promotes the wild behavior that eventually leads people to go to extreme measures to show their disapproval. It wouldn't surprise me if he has received some of that. Death threats aren't uncommon.

Basically, what he is saying makes sense but how he said it was extremely idiotic.

agreed i got the point he was trying to make no matter how dumb he made it

This sort of stuff and the things Jimmy Carter said about it are not really fair in my view. Crying wolf every time anything tangentially involving a black person has numbed people to real race issues. I personally think that the people who see racism under everything like this are probably more racist than the ones they are attacking. OTOH, no doubt there are elements of the population that are deep seated racists and groups like the KKK, etc., may rise in membership and they may even canonize Wilson and this sort of thing but that doesn't mean what he did was driven by racism. In the end, I think Obama's Presidency is going to be like, say, Doug Williams being the first black QB in a SB. While it finally broke a barrier and Doug had a good game it did not automatically transform him into the greatest player to ever play the position. He's just another guy doing the job just like Obama is. People ought to be able to despise the President if they want without it being deemed as only or even partly being about his race.

This sort of stuff and the things Jimmy Carter said about it are not really fair in my view. Crying wolf every time anything tangentially involving a black person has numbed people to real race issues. I personally think that the people who see racism under everything like this are probably more racist than the ones they are attacking. OTOH, no doubt there are elements of the population that are deep seated racists and groups like the KKK, etc., may rise in membership and they may even canonize Wilson and this sort of thing but that doesn't mean what he did was driven by racism. In the end, I think Obama's Presidency is going to be like, say, Doug Williams being the first black QB in a SB. While it finally broke a barrier and Doug had a good game it did not automatically transform him into the greatest player to ever play the position. He's just another guy doing the job just like Obama is. People ought to be able to despise the President if they want without it being deemed as only or even partly being about his race.

Good post.

Do you want to show where I backed him up?

I did what other evolved humans do and tried to find the logic in what he was saying.

Don't pull me into your partisan game. I fart in your direction.

I didn't really see much logic in what he was saying. I don't think he is a bad guy, just an idiot.

I didn't really see much logic in what he was saying. I don't think he is a bad guy, just an idiot.

So, what the Senator demonstrated, if gone unacknowledged, wouldn't promote the idea that we should demonstrate extremes because of disapproval?

That is my take on what he is saying. He used a radical extreme to describe how easily what the senator did could snowball. Is that illogical? :huh:

It's not a lie to say that the KKK is already anti-Obama from the start. His hillside remark is describing how people very well could go to the extremes.

But I guess you'll see what you want to see.

So, what the Senator demonstrated, if gone unacknowledged, wouldn't promote the idea that we should demonstrate extremes because of disapproval?

That is my take on what he is saying. He used a radical extreme to describe how easily what the senator did could snowball. Is that illogical? :huh:

It's not a lie to say that the KKK is already anti-Obama from the start. His hillside remark is describing how people very well could go to the extremes.

But I guess you'll see what you want to see.

Go hit the crack pipe some more.

Whatever, you accuse me of seeing what I want to see yet your the one making crap up. I'm going by what the guy said plain and simple. Seriously some of your comments make people wonder.

Who are these "people who wonder?"

snake, btl and others who usually don't have any kind of stance to begin with?

If those are the people you want to clump yourself in with, go right ahead.

And yeah, most people would see what they want to see because of partisan bullsh#t. But I guess that must be "crackpipe logic." :rolleyes:

Who are these "people who wonder?"

snake, btl and others who usually don't have any kind of stance to begin with?

If those are the people you want to clump yourself in with, go right ahead.

And yeah, most people would see what they want to see because of partisan bullsh#t. But I guess that must be "crackpipe logic." :rolleyes:

Your insane