All jokes aside, this will be a hard game this week

dudouble

we all know jake delhomme needs to step up this week or step out. i honestly think this will be alot tougher than the miami game. I hope jake melts down and throws 4 or 5 pics, but the chances are slim.. the eagles have always had a great defense and can force qbs into a nightmare.with that said, this is a division rival coming off a beatdown and can't afford to go 0-2 in this division with 2 conference losses. If our running defense can step up like they did last week and throughout the pre-season we should be fine, but i have a feeling this is going to be a really close game.. I hope im wrong though B)

And we are a division rival who's playing our first division game coming off a win.

I don't care how upset they are they got ripped a new one by the Eagles. We're at home and are going to be jacked for this one. Coach Smitty won't let our boys get lackadiasical.

no doubt... i just believe it will be alot closer than most would think

its a divisional game so our boys will be ready to go, but i don't think the panthers will come in here and just roll over like a lot expect. hopefully we lay a 60 minute beatdown on them and send them to 0-2. they play dallas week 3 in dallas and if they lose that game they're 0-3, which means the race for the title would most likely be down to just us and nawlins.

big game this week + throwbacks!

we all know jake delhomme needs to step up this week or step out. i honestly think this will be alot tougher than the miami game. I hope jake melts down and throws 4 or 5 pics, but the chances are slim.. the eagles have always had a great defense and can force qbs into a nightmare.with that said, this is a division rival coming off a beatdown and can't afford to go 0-2 in this division with 2 conference losses. If our running defense can step up like they did last week and throughout the pre-season we should be fine, but i have a feeling this is going to be a really close game.. I hope im wrong though B)

We will get there best game ... no doubt.

We will get there best game ... no doubt.

Of 2009... So far...

Just kidding.

I'm thinking Del tha Funkee Homosapien rebounds and does a 1 TD 1 INT or a 2-2 and SSmith has a 100+ yard game, but we keep the running in check and chew up their defense. Like I said in another thread, I see Ryan throwing a pick, and getting sacked ~2 times, but leaving with 3 passing TDs.

Every week, especially a division rival week, as long as you are in the NFL, is a tough week. The coaches will prepare on both sides. I expect the Falcons to go out and play their best for 60 minutes. I expect the Panthers to do the same. I have faith that we will do just fine.

Here's to no injuries and 60 full minutes of Falcon/Panty football - ROCK'EM SOCK'EM TIME!

Of 2009... So far...

Just kidding.

I'm thinking Del tha Funkee Homosapien rebounds and does a 1 TD 1 INT or a 2-2 and SSmith has a 100+ yard game, but we keep the running in check and chew up their defense. Like I said in another thread, I see Ryan throwing a pick, and getting sacked ~2 times, but leaving with 3 passing TDs.

Wow you see all of that huh :rolleyes:

If they don't get behind early, they'll just run the ball a lot.

The Panthers aren't a big come from behind team, so when Delhomme made the bad turnovers, they were taken out of their game.

They're a very good running team (one of the best) and I'd expect our run D will get a real test this week. They'll run the ball most plays and have some 3 step drop throws. They'll make it easy on Delhomme. We'll have to slow their run to make them rely on Delhomme.

It'll be an interesting game. If we can hold them under 100 rushing, we should be great.

Yea I've always thought this one would be hard. It's a division rival, one that's on the ropes and has a great running game(that 1st drive had me scared...controlled the ball for 8 minutes like it was nothing). I think we get this win, but I don't see it coming easy like last years blow-out. Then again, I thought the miami game would be tougher than it looked.

This game will definetly be tougher than Miami. Carolina's running game and OL are better than the Phins. Delhomme is going to be fighting for his job. It's a division game. There will be a lot of their fans there. The Falcons will definetely be in for a fight.

I hope our D is flying around like it was this past Sunday.

Panthers Troll! Away with ya!

jk

I know that it is easy to think that the Panthers and Jake will rebound big next week, that they will be on a mission, yada, yada, yada but it is more likely that they will continue to implode, especially with their defense being so banged up.

I think it is likely that we win by double digits. We are a very good football team and playing in our house.