What the Carolina media is saying about the Falcon's game this Sunday

schwarzenegger321

So I work in Raliegh and live in Wake Forest which means I get nothing but Duke, Carolina, Wake Forest, NCState basketball news (good); Carolina Hurricanes news (really good) and Carolina panther news (bad) on the radio. In the afternoon they have this show called the Carolina insider that I listen to and get a lot of info. Yesterday they were taliking to Mick Mixson (sp???) the panthers play by play guy on the radio and he gave some pretty good insight to the game. Today he was supposed to watch the Falcons/Dolphins game on tape with the team and is going to have an evaluation of the Falcons (and how the panthers will match up) today. Anyway, here is some general info from yesterdays broadcast (no I don't have a link).

- he said that everyone, coaches, staff, reporters were very morose after the game and yesterday. Everyone was asking what the problem was. The moral in carolina is really low right now.

- Fox is really standing behind Delhomo (which is probably good for him) and if ol' Jakey boy fails it might take Fox down with him.

- The carolina defense is really beat up. Other than peppers there is only one defensive lineman with more than one year of experience on the entire 53 man roster.

- They are really worried about FS. I guess their starting FS is either hurt or coming back and the guy they have back there is no where as good or quick and that was really evident in the loss against the Eagles (sorry don't know their names).

- Stated several times how carolina players, fans and the media really hate Atlanta. Can't stress this enough. Mixson said he hates the Falcons more than any other football team he has ever watched. Said the team will really be up emotionally for the game and will bring everything they have.

- Said that the reason they loss was as bad as it was because of the 28 points the Eagles scored in the 2nd quarter and that took the panthers out of their game plan. If they were able to keep it on the ground the outcome would have been a lot different.

- This week they are looking for Jake to just not lose the game. hand the ball off a lot and maybe only throw 15 - 20 times to keep the defense honest.

It will be interesting to hear the show today and see what they say about the Falcons and our defense and how they think they will match-up. Although I hate the panthers, Mixson seemed like an objective guy and it will be interesting to get his take.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My concern is that nobody can possibly be as bad as Fake Delhomme was last week. If our defense expects him to be horrible instead of makes him play horrible, the mood on these boards will be much different. Besides, if the Panties have any pride, there's no way the come back and play like that twice in a roll. Smitty's got his job cut out for him to make sure there's an appropriate level of dedication and focus.

My concern is that nobody can possibly be as bad as Fake Delhomme was last week. If our defense expects him to be horrible instead of makes him play horrible, the mood on these boards will be much different. Besides, if the Panties have any pride, there's no way the come back and play like that twice in a roll. Smitty's got his job cut out for him to make sure there's an appropriate level of dedication and focus.

I agree I know that the Coaching staff is not going to sleep on the Panties. Teams always seem to step it up when playing within the division, but even if Jake was at 100% and had a good game yesterday, the advantage still goes to atlanta. The panties defense struggled this preseason after they loss their DT Kemottouatoifa(sp) :D and it appears they have not found a replacement, the secondary has struggled too.

They already have. Remember they ended their season in the playoffs, the same way they opened this season. A total of TEN interceptions.

I doubt they allow Fake Delhomme to stink it up that bad again cause then it'll be THREE games in a row... :lol:

- "This week they are looking for Jake to just not lose the game. hand the ball off a lot and maybe only throw 15 - 20 times to keep the defense honest."

Actually, this is probably even better for us the way we've been playing against the run. If we stuff that, get a nice lead ahead of them, it may force them to abandon their plans again and force the INT machine to funk it up once more.

You know that I think about it, we may have big chance to not only put a big dent in their season, but to finish off this era of Delhomme/Jon Fox if we beat them up good this Sunday. Imagine the turmoil that'll be created if we sandblast them into oblivion this weekend. The vultures (and Falcons) will be circling... ^_^

Objective? He said he hates the Falcons more than any other team he's ever watched? hmmm.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” - Yoda B. Johnson (actor, "The Empire Strikes Back")

Let's hope that Yoda knows WTF he's talking about and skin the kitties alive. Or at least rub their fur the wrong way.

- "Stated several times how carolina players, fans and the media really hate Atlanta. Can't stress this enough. Mixson said he hates the Falcons more than any other football team he has ever watched. Said the team will really be up emotionally for the game and will bring everything they have."

Good, cause as far as I'm concerned the feeling is very mutual x3

Objective? He said he hates the Falcons more than any other team he's ever watched? hmmm.

Let me rephrase. He wasnt making excuses for them. He did say that if the panthers played as bad against us as they did the eagles things could be worse. He has given up props. I mean you can hate someone but still respect them. Can't you?

- Stated several times how carolina players, fans and the media really hate Atlanta. Can't stress this enough. Mixson said he hates the Falcons more than any other football team he has ever watched. Said the team will really be up emotionally for the game and will bring everything they have.

-

Of course they do. It's evident any time I talk to a Panther fan.

Clearly we've done something right over the years.

They've already had two games in a row like that.

Agreed! I have faith in Smitty though that he and the staff won't let the guys in the locker room take them lightly.

This does not bode well for them...

Considering our run D and pass rush have been really sexy lately, we might see a similar game... I wasn't aware that their defense was hurting but looks like forcing them to play catch-up won't be too hard to do. I've always had respect for the Panthers as a legit opponent, but I think this one will be much easier than last week's.

Don't forget how our coaching staff guides the players to take everything one game at a time, stay disciplined, and stay "humble yet hungry."

I would say the franchise is more likely to not be embarrased by Jake again and might even stick with the run when it's not appropriate, do a lot of screens and play-action to the tight end.

While in the NFL, you just never know, if we are even half as beast on the defense, I can't see us not making some plays and keeping DeAngelo (although definitely not someone to be underestimated) in check.

Key stats to winning?

Keep the ground game under 120 yards.

Keep the pressure, get at least 2-3 sacks.

The energy will be there for the Falcons this Sunday....that appears to be a strength of Smith. He gets the most out of his players....he keeps the morale up....and he emphasizes "energy" in a lot of his post game press conferences. Coach Smith will not allow his team to play flat.

As for Carolina.....folks that team is in trouble. Not only in the immediate short term but the longer term as well. Look at how much better the Falcons were playing at the end of last year. In fact the Falcons whipped them quite good toward the end of the season.

If those people plan on running a lot more against us than passing....they will be playing right into the strength of the Falcons defense. If Carolina's D is beaten down right now....they are indeed in trouble. Just too many Falcon offensive weapons.

This is a great matchup for us. I say Atlanta wins....27-13. Elam needs to straighten it out though!

2-0 and on to Foxboro! :D

So I work in Raliegh and live in Wake Forest which means I get nothing but Duke, Carolina, Wake Forest, NCState basketball news (good); Carolina Hurricanes news (really good) and Carolina panther news (bad) on the radio. In the afternoon they have this show called the Carolina insider that I listen to and get a lot of info. Yesterday they were taliking to Mick Mixson (sp???) the panthers play by play guy on the radio and he gave some pretty good insight to the game. Today he was supposed to watch the Falcons/Dolphins game on tape with the team and is going to have an evaluation of the Falcons (and how the panthers will match up) today. Anyway, here is some general info from yesterdays broadcast (no I don't have a link).

- he said that everyone, coaches, staff, reporters were very morose after the game and yesterday. Everyone was asking what the problem was. The moral in carolina is really low right now.

- Fox is really standing behind Delhomo (which is probably good for him) and if ol' Jakey boy fails it might take Fox down with him.

- The carolina defense is really beat up. Other than peppers there is only one defensive lineman with more than one year of experience on the entire 53 man roster.

- They are really worried about FS. I guess their starting FS is either hurt or coming back and the guy they have back there is no where as good or quick and that was really evident in the loss against the Eagles (sorry don't know their names).

- Said that the reason they loss was as bad as it was because of the 28 points the Eagles scored in the 2nd quarter and that took the panthers out of their game plan. If they were able to keep it on the ground the outcome would have been a lot different.

- This week they are looking for Jake to just not lose the game. hand the ball off a lot and maybe only throw 15 - 20 times to keep the defense honest.

It will be interesting to hear the show today and see what they say about the Falcons and our defense and how they think they will match-up. Although I hate the panthers, Mixson seemed like an objective guy and it will be interesting to get his take.

" Stated several times how carolina players, fans and the media really hate Atlanta".

This my friend is the ultimate sign of respect. The Panties have won three times in the Dome in the total time of their miserable existence. You know what? I would hate us too.

I say the team should run up the score and grind them into the turf just to show how much WE hate their a55es too!! :angry::angry::angry:

" Stated several times how carolina players, fans and the media really hate Atlanta".

This my friend is the ultimate sign of respect. The Panties have won three times in the Dome in the total time of their miserable existence. You know what? I would hate us too.

......- Stated several times how carolina players, fans and the media really hate Atlanta. Can't stress this enough. Mixson said he hates the Falcons more than any other football team he has ever watched. Said the team will really be up emotionally for the game and will bring everything they have.

..........................It will be interesting to hear the show today and see what they say about the Falcons and our defense and how they think they will match-up. Although I hate the panthers, Mixson seemed like an objective guy and it will be interesting to get his take.

I'm sure they will try to play a good game.

One thing they will see when they watch that tape is they will definitely have their hands full. On all three sides of the ball. Trust me.

This ain't the 2003 Falcons.