What week do opposing teams change their gameplan?

metatron360

i predict after we stomp the pats out passing the ball, teams will be forced to choose Ryan over turner

Hmm.. Honestly I think it will take longer than a couple more weeks before the legue focuses on Ryan more than Turner.

I mean with turner you have a guy who rushed for 1700 yards (almost) last year - and had the most 20+ yards and we control the clock more so with him than dink and dunks with Ryan.

I say give it to week 5 (if we keep up this winning we got going) and they will even it out a little more.

i predict after we stomp the pats out passing the ball, teams will be forced to choose Ryan over turner

If we put Brady under constant pressure with our Dline and LB blitzes, we won't have to worry about our offense. Brady is terrible under pressure, and teams still refuse to do it! ???

And if the Bills offense can score all over the Pats D.......... I don't see how they can possibly stop ours!

Gameplan or not!

If we put Brady under constant pressure with our Dline and LB blitzes, we won't have to worry about our offense. Brady is terrible under pressure, and teams still refuse to do it! ???

And if the Bills offense can score all over the Pats D.......... I don't see how they can possibly stop ours!

Gameplan or not!

I agree

Most of the qb's where rusty Ryan less than most. To me if ryan completes the 2 throws for TD's he missed teams would already be changeing their game plan. i beleive he will be ready by week 3. no more miss throws. if this is accurate, i think you have to change the plan. but in reality i don't see how you could stop turner if you drop back.

Gameplan or not!

I think that the Pats Defense will struggle this season. They lost a lot of players and depending on the injury to Mayo it may hurt even more so. I still think that the offense will get it into gear, but as you stated the key is to get pressure on Brady and force him out of the pocket because he loves to stand tall in the pocket and make throws.

I see no point in sending Turner up against fresh defenses. We were pass happy against Miami (nearly 60/40) and as long as Ryan can get it done in the air he should. I love the idea of keeping our running game fresh until the lattter part of the season then flip the switch and go run happy. I also think it would be great experience for Ryan.

It won't happen. The Falcons are a power rushing team, not a Finesse team as they were called last week. We run first. It's our bread and butter. I hope it never changes. Turner will always be - and should be - a teams first focus, however, I believe they already give Ryan respect. Those guys were blitzing and in his face all day long Sunday. He was knocked on his arse I don't know how many times as he threw or just after - they were mad after him.

It doesn't matter. We're both a very good passing team and we are very good at running the football. We are not one dimensional so even if a team takes part of our game away, they're not going to shut down both at the same time. I just do not see us being stopped on a consistant basis this year. Just too many weapons, and an extremely smart QB running the show.

It won't happen. The Falcons are a power rushing team, not a Finesse team as they were called last week. We run first. It's our bread and butter. I hope it never changes. Turner will always be - and should be - a teams first focus, however, I believe they already give Ryan respect. Those guys were blitzing and in his face all day long Sunday. He was knocked on his arse I don't know how many times as he threw or just after - they were mad after him.

I wish we would throw a little more on first down to keep the defense honest. It seemed like Miami took away every first down with us since they knew Turner would be running right up the middle....over and over again, for no gain. Against the best teams, that will get us beat

I wish we would throw a little more on first down to keep the defense honest. It seemed like Miami took away every first down with us since they knew Turner would be running right up the middle....over and over again, for no gain. Against the best teams, that will get us beat

He threw about 1/3 of his passes on 1st down. His total attempts in the game were 36. 12 of those passes were on 1st down. He completed 9 of them for a 75% completion rate.

Michael Turner rushed 14 times on 1st down. That's only 2 times more than Matt passed.

I would say we are pretty balanced on 1st down.

In fact - by percentage, that's 53.8% rushing and 46.2% passing. Not bad.

Gameplan or not!

The Pats still have a very respectable o-line that for the most part can keep Brady upright. Only a few teams can manage to put pressure on him( the Giants in SB 41 ). It's easier said than done.

Actually, they're both. The power part is obvious, the finesse part comes from the perception of Ryan as a cerebral quarterback rather than a physical one. No one should complain - it's the best of both worlds. You either get flattened by the sledgehammer or carved up by the scalpel.