P.Jerry

Porkins

Has anyone heard what exactly Peria Jerry's injury was and whether he's back in practice this week? I haven't heard anything about it...

I kept missing opportunities to hear Smith/TD be interviewed... I sure am glad it's his rib and not his knee again though. BTW, here's the rapid reports from yesterday:

Monday, September 14, 2009

9:52:37 pm The Falcons signed rookie CB William Middleton to their practice squad. Atlanta originally drafted Middleton in the fifth round but released him by the 53-man roster deadline.

4:22:11 pm With Panthers QB Jake Delhomme struggling on Sunday, Falcons coach Mike Smith was asked if he was monitoring Carolina's QB situation. "We monitor everything," Smith said with a smile.

4:17:39 pm When asked for a status update on DT Peria Jerry (rib), Falcons coach Mike Smith said there would be an injury report Wednesday. Smith did say, "We came out of that game healthy."

4:16:41 pm Against Miami, Atlanta's top three tacklers were linebackers, a change from the safeties making most of the tackles in 2008. "Well, we want tackles to happen in front of the safeties," coach Mike Smith said.

4:14:08 pm Falcons S William Moore (hamstring) said he expects to play against Carolina on Sunday.

4:01:38 pm Falcons coach Mike Smith watched the game film from Sunday and had these observations: 1) The intensity and effort were outstanding, 2) He was pleased with how the defense played, 3) Happy with third down production, and 4) Kickoff coverage was great.

3:25:05 pm As it turns out, RB Verron Haynes was re-signed to the Falcons' 53-man roster, not the practice squad. Haynes was originally released Saturday before being re-signed today.

2:45:42 pm Two days after releasing RB Verron Haynes, the Falcons signed him to the practice squad. In doing so, the Falcons released CB Glenn Sharpe from the practice team.

EDIT: Woah just saw Moore says he thinks he'll play on Sunday.

I kept missing opportunities to hear Smith/TD be interviewed... I sure am glad it's his rib and not his knee again though. BTW, here's the rapid reports from yesterday:

Monday, September 14, 2009

9:52:37 pm The Falcons signed rookie CB William Middleton to their practice squad. Atlanta originally drafted Middleton in the fifth round but released him by the 53-man roster deadline.

4:22:11 pm With Panthers QB Jake Delhomme struggling on Sunday, Falcons coach Mike Smith was asked if he was monitoring Carolina's QB situation. "We monitor everything," Smith said with a smile.

4:17:39 pm When asked for a status update on DT Peria Jerry (rib), Falcons coach Mike Smith said there would be an injury report Wednesday. Smith did say, "We came out of that game healthy."

4:16:41 pm Against Miami, Atlanta's top three tacklers were linebackers, a change from the safeties making most of the tackles in 2008. "Well, we want tackles to happen in front of the safeties," coach Mike Smith said.

4:14:08 pm Falcons S William Moore (hamstring) said he expects to play against Carolina on Sunday.

4:01:38 pm Falcons coach Mike Smith watched the game film from Sunday and had these observations: 1) The intensity and effort were outstanding, 2) He was pleased with how the defense played, 3) Happy with third down production, and 4) Kickoff coverage was great.

3:25:05 pm As it turns out, RB Verron Haynes was re-signed to the Falcons' 53-man roster, not the practice squad. Haynes was originally released Saturday before being re-signed today.

2:45:42 pm Two days after releasing RB Verron Haynes, the Falcons signed him to the practice squad. In doing so, the Falcons released CB Glenn Sharpe from the practice team.

EDIT: Woah just saw Moore says he thinks he'll play on Sunday.

Excellent! Thanks for the update. Bookmarking RapidReports now. :)

Excellent! Thanks for the update. Bookmarking RapidReports now. :)

No prob. I'm not sure if he's still in physical contact with the team during practice... But I spoke with the guy who does those reports a few times during the training camps and he answered a few of my questions. He's well-spoken and informed and his e-mail is on that page if you have anything specific that you can't find information on.