Abe is a gentelman

IronHead34

I was watching some of JA55's sacks for the last couple of seasons. One thing was apparent, he knows how to tackle. He rarely (at least, not that I have seen) comes in and knocks a QB out. He actually tackles them. He wraps them up and brings them down.

What of it? This shows a man who is a student of the game and wants to win, not just hit someone. No one can say he is a "dirty player"(unlike our OL :D ). The best part about this is he will have few missed tackles because he is not trying to show up on ESPN.

We got a good one guys.

Just my 2 cents.

Ya, saw A Thomas piledriving Trent Edwards to the turf last night after the whistle was blown. Not cool...

FYI - A Thomas is the guy that broke Vick's leg way back when.

I SAW THAT LAST NIGHT! Sorry bout the all caps, but that was why I started watching some of the sacks from Abe. I started looking for clean hits, then saw the Jake Long thread, and boom.

So true man. One of the first things we learned in pee-wee league was how to tackle right.

Ya, saw A Thomas piledriving Trent Edwards to the turf last night after the whistle was blown. Not cool...

FYI - A Thomas is the guy that broke Vick's leg way back when.

I don't know- I thought that was an iffy call. He had the QB wrapped up but hadn't really driven him back. I didn't hear the whistle myself and I can't blame the defender for finishing the play. Remember how Vince Young escaped the sack and ran for a long TD his rookie season because the defender had driven him back like 10 yards and thought the play was dead?

I don't know- I thought that was an iffy call. He had the QB wrapped up but hadn't really driven him back. I didn't hear the whistle myself and I can't blame the defender for finishing the play. Remember how Vince Young escaped the sack and ran for a long TD his rookie season because the defender had driven him back like 10 yards and thought the play was dead?

It wasn't an iffy call. It was a horrible call.

It wasn't an iffy call. It was a horrible call.

Couldn't agree more, I'm all for protection of players, but that was just part of his tackle. He was whipping him down as a part of the tackle, it was nothing like Haynesworth on Brady in pre-season which I thought was a penalty. They need to swallow their whistles. You can't go low at the QB or up high.... Players have about 2 or 3 feet to hit on a QB. A. Thomas wasn't doing anything malicious, just making sure he got Edwards down instead of pulling a Mario Williams I think it was? On Vince Young. I'm so sick of these calls, it totally changes the momentum of the game for little to no reason.

Couldn't agree more, I'm all for protection of players, but that was just part of his tackle. He was whipping him down as a part of the tackle, it was nothing like Haynesworth on Brady in pre-season which I thought was a penalty. They need to swallow their whistles. You can't go low at the QB or up high.... Players have about 2 or 3 feet to hit on a QB. A. Thomas wasn't doing anything malicious, just making sure he got Edwards down instead of pulling a Mario Williams I think it was? On Vince Young. I'm so sick of these calls, it totally changes the momentum of the game for little to no reason.

I agree. Tho I do not mide those calls on players sacking Ryan B)