Chris McAlister says he's getting a new gig today

atljbo

Chris McAlister says he's getting a new gig today

Posted by Mike Florio on September 15, 2009 12:58 AM ET

Sometimes NFL news comes from the unlikeliest of places.

On Monday, an update regarding the stagnant career of cornerback Chris McAlister, a top-ten pick in the 1999 draft, appeared via a Los Angeles Times blog dedicated to real estate listings.

McAlister owns a Beverly Hills mansion, which he has listed for merely $7.9 million.

"I will be back in full force on Sept. 15," he said. "I can't say what team yet, but I will be playing again."

McAlister spent his entire career with the Ravens, who released him in February.

The fact that McAlister specifically said September 15 could mean that he's signing with one of the four teams that played Monday night, since a team must finish its Week One game before being able to sign a vested veteran without potentially owing the player his full salary for the season if he's later released. If McAlister were signing with any of the teams that played on Sunday or Thursday, he could have signed earlier than the 15th.

I know NO one cares now but I'm just posting this.

Would not be surprised if McKelvin is benched. It would be harsh, but I'd be mad enough to cut him....TAKE A KNEEL DOWN!!! HOW DIFFICULT CAN IT BE???

Right when I saw him hesitate and then decide to run... I knew it would end bad after he hit the 5 yard line. I knew the pats would find a way to win.