This Is The Mentality We've Been Missing

Da_Truth

Link

“As a defense you want to play with intensity and nastiness,” Lofton said. “Whenever somebody gets the ball, we want to run right through them and get the ball up off of them.”

Now if we can get the safeties and CBs on the same page as the LBs we'll begin to build a completely nasty defense.

The entire defense was close to playing with this same aggression. The front 7 socked me with their intensity. The secondary covered up their WR's because a lot of time Pennington had nowhere to go. We are going in the right direction. It is remarkable what TD has done in only two seasons. Hopefully they can continue to play at this level all year.

Yes I love it... and Curtis Lofton was telling Fred Kalil on 11 Alive that they like to "keep it simple - see ball, hit ball" rotflmao

That's what I am talking about.

I want a linebacker that is so mean, he doesn't need conjunctions and prepositions.

Just verbs and nouns.

"Me hit. Me kill. Me get ball."

The entire defense was close to playing with this same aggression. The front 7 socked me with their intensity. The secondary covered up their WR's because a lot of time Pennington had nowhere to go. We are going in the right direction. It is remarkable what TD has done in only two seasons. Hopefully they can continue to play at this level all year.

Everything was so good with the defense yesterday until it scares me. I think I need to see one or two more games at that level to believe it. I know we're going to face teams that are deep passing teams, I just hope we hold those teams the same way.

Everything was so good with the defense yesterday until it scares me. I think I need to see one or two more games at that level to believe it. I know we're going to face teams that are deep passing teams, I just hope we hold those teams the same way.

I agree. The Dolphins don't exactly have an offense that scares you. We have to get into at least a few more games to really know what we got. The good part is, Miami has a really good o-line and our d-line dominated. I think we might see that all year. If we do that helps the entire defense. Our LBers are for real too. No doubt about it. I think with Williams and Hill being added, we got some serious depth and competition in that secondary. I am way more confident than I was but still know that we will face some very good passing attacks this year.