with the panthers coming to town Jeff Garcia signs......

jonesyatl

with the Eagles...

so for those other topics concerned with the Panthers going with Garcia and therefore (in my opinion) making them a much more threatening team, relax... we will get to pick Jake off just like everyone else.

Go Falcons!

WOW....

If they signed Garcia then it doesn't sound like they're thinking about making Vick a full time QB...

And as we saw Sunday if they have to put in another QB to run the Wildcat it completely gives it away... and the element of suprise is a HUGE factor...

WOW....

If they signed Garcia then it doesn't sound like they're thinking about making Vick a full time QB...

And as we saw Sunday if they have to put in another QB to run the Wildcat it completely gives it away... and the element of suprise is a HUGE factor...

Vick can't play until week 3.

WOW....

They may just be buying time though.

Vick can't play for another game, and certainly isn't ready yet, judging by his performance in preseason.

WOW....

Vick can't even play until week 3 and anyone with good sense knows he won't be ready by then.

I saw this move coming when they said McNabb was hurt...makes perfect sense. The guy that really needs to be worried...is Kolb.

I think it's a smart signing by the Eagles. A few years ago McNabb was trying to tough out a rib injury or something similiar and he was horrible, and then eventually he got knocked out for the season. I thnk he was actually originally hurt in that MNF game against the Falcons now that I think about it.

I think it's a smart signing by the Eagles. A few years ago McNabb was trying to tough out a rib injury or something similiar and he was horrible, and then eventually he got knocked out for the season. I thnk he was actually originally hurt in that MNF game against the Falcons now that I think about it.

Lavalais planted him and McNabb ended up with a sports hernia.

Got our hopes up. We thought Jelly Belly was going to turn into something.

Yeah but it's week 2 and week 3 is only one game away.

Why would they go out and sign another QB for one game if Vick was in their long term plans?

Vick needs time to learn the playbook and improve his condition. He's been out of the league for 2 years. And Philly just signed him like 3 weeks ago. You can't expect a guy who hasn't played for 2 years to just jump in at a difficult position and start a month after he gets signed. If the injury happened in week 8 or 10 or something, I doubt they would have signed Garcia.

Vick needs time to learn the playbook and improve his condition. He's been out of the league for 2 years. And Philly just signed him like 3 weeks ago. You can't expect a guy who hasn't played for 2 years to just jump in at a difficult position and start a month after he gets signed. If the injury happened in week 8 or 10 or something, I doubt they would have signed Garcia.

Plus he is the 54th man so he can't even practice with the team. Judging by the preseason he has a lot of work to do. He doesn't have a fraction of his speed and he looks scared to get hit.