Question about matt's arm strength....

crankdatfalcon

no, this happened all year last year as well, he cant throw the deep ball worth a crap. thats my only knock on him, dont think I have ever seen him overthrow a receiver, he just doesnt have the arm strength for that type of thing.

He overthrew Roddy this Sunday. Didn't you watch the game?

Let me get this across first..IN NO WAY IM I BASHING MATT..Ok, does he have what it takes to throw the deep ball consistantly? He missed roddy on that sure touchdown play, then underthrew jenkins on a long pass. Does he have the arm strength to get er done??

It's not a question of strength, he just didn't have his timing down on any of his deep throws.

anyone questioning his arm strength is ridiculous. does he have Jeff George or Vick's arm..no but he has a adequate arm and like Brady's arm it will get stronger. The problem lies with Ryan gets to much air on ball and the one he missed White he tried to fire that ball in..That ball he threw to White was a rope. That there shows the arm strength. The roll out to White on the comeback thats arm strength

no, this happened all year last year as well, he cant throw the deep ball worth a crap. thats my only knock on him, dont think I have ever seen him overthrow a receiver, he just doesnt have the arm strength for that type of thing.

It didn't happen all last year, you dont know what your talking about. You probably want us to trade him for Jamarcus Russel or something

anyone questioning his arm strength is ridiculous. does he have Jeff George or Vick's arm..no but he has a adequate arm and like Brady's arm it will get stronger. The problem lies with Ryan gets to much air on ball and the one he missed White he tried to fire that ball in..That ball he threw to White was a rope. That there shows the arm strength. The roll out to White on the comeback thats arm strength

ok, im not sure what play you talking about him firing the ball in, but im referring to the sure touchdown that was missed (which was not on a rope) and the play jenkins had to slide in to attempt to catch the ball but it was short..

Let me get this across first..IN NO WAY IM I BASHING MATT..Ok, does he have what it takes to throw the deep ball consistantly? He missed roddy on that sure touchdown play, then underthrew jenkins on a long pass. Does he have the arm strength to get er done??

I am wondering too...he reads defenses and usually does everything else right....but the deep pass always seems to come up short.

At times he looks like he is just throwing a hail mary and hoping we come up with the ball

ok, im not sure what play you talking about him firing the ball in, but im referring to the sure touchdown that was missed (which was not on a rope) and the play jenkins had to slide in to attempt to catch the ball but it was short..

That ball Ryan missed to White on a easy TD was a rope of a throw IN 1ST QUARTER. Where Roddy made the double move and was alone..Thats more of a timing route where if you remember the game last year when Ryan threw that dart in between 2 Eagle defenders similiar ..but this safety dropped down in box and the corner Sean Smith was beat bad. Ryan must have thought there would be tighter coverage in between that is why he threw the ball like that . Im sure seeing the tape he should have put air on the ball instead .

The lob to Roddy where he beat 2 defenders..that is way to much air on ball for him. He needs to get less of air on it that ball stood up way to long.

The one to Jenkins was underthrow in between zone coverage. Not a easy throw. why are we picking apart our QB throws where he really didnt force any balls made good decisions but just missed some throws.

geez.. I will worry about Ryan's arm strenght when we play a cold weather game and our rushing attack is stopped and forcing Ryan to pass..

If you see Ryan roll out and throw the ball with zip thats a good tell of arm strenght

If you mean the one where Roddy had his man beat Ryan threw a catchable ball but for some strange reason Roddy broke off pursuit. The sound in the Dome was that rising "Oh" of anticipating him catching the ball for a TD to "Huh" when suddenly he sort of jogged at the end. It was like he lost the ball. I don't know how many yards that was but he's thrown plenty deep. Ryan's problem yesterday was his accuracy but it was not off by much.