Help with my son's Xbox 360

To All:

My son's XBox 360 will not show a picture on the TV screen (but we have audio)! We checked the cables and made sure the little switch was in the right location! Nothing! Then I noticed that instead of the RROD, we have the "A Quarter of A Green Ring in the NW Quadrant?" Someone told me to wrap the unit in a cotton towel and run for 20 minutes. I did, squat, NADA!!! I heard that there was a fix that involved the "x-brace??" and some cooling gel! Anyone have detailed instructions for this? I don't want to trash the unit (it is not under warranty), but I do want to give it a shot (a fix), before I give up! Thanks in advance!

If there is no red lights, DO NOT wrap it in a towel. Try wiggling the wires and what not. Or try finding someone with an AV cable and test it out. I would just call Microsoft though. What your doing when you wrap a towel around it is over heating everything inside of the Xbox until it all craps out and resets itself, which will kill the system itself and only give you a few more weeks of playing time. If it's not 3 red lights, then don't do that because that means its nothing internal. Probably just AV cable, the back of your TV or something. I know with my TV sometimes I have to make sure the AV cable is perfectly straight and no trying to fall out and it can be a pain in the but because sometimes I'll be playing and lose picture just because the jacks on my TV are worn out.

If you're using an HDMI cord it could be a handshake issue or the HDMI cable is bad. I thought there was something wrong with my Xbox not too long ago but it ended up being a bad HDMI cord. I had bent it too tight when I ziptied the slack and over time it crapped out sitting there with such a bad bend in it.