After watching the game when I got home from work

Vicious

Biermann>>>>>>

B. Williams was everywhere the ball was throughout the game. Solid pickup by the staff. P. Jerry was getting good pressure up the middle forcing Pennington to scramble a good bit. I don't think you can give Peterson enough credit for his efforts. The guy hit a runner coming out of the backfield that kept his balance passing Peterson, MP hits the ground, gets back up, and hits the runner again that was being held up by Lofton all in the same play. He forced 2 fumbles, and got a beautiful finger tip catch. Stephen Nicholas and Lofton were both nearly as impressive.

The D-Line is getting good pressure, the linebackers are laying folks out, and the db's aren't having to cover as long as a result. Classic BVG D. Those of you questioning BVG as a coordinator are a bunch of loons. I can respect you not loving his past, but to deny his ability to coach an awesome D is delusional. Whenever the right people get into place it's a thing of beauty, and it doesn't look like it's too far off from being complete, yet.

Ryan looked to still be slightly affected by the flu, but overall he was good enough to get the job done. Whenever Ryan and the receivers all get on the same page, man-oh-man look out nfl.

The only two negatives that I have from game are that there weren't any lanes being opened up for the running game (credit Miami's D here), and Elam looked like Prater did before we cut him. Hopefully he shakes this game off and gets back to his old self.

BTW, did anyone see Mike Smith shaking Biermann's hand on the sideline while the offense was burning up the final minutes of the game? It looked like a "congratulations, you've earned the spot over JA98" type situation :ph34r: . Go Falcons!!

Good insight. And I agree with you about Beirman. But, Anderson is a top 10 pick making the moolah so they will play him to get something in return as long as he is adequate.

If things keep going this way though, Anderson should be a money decision to be gone for next year.

Great game - GO FALCONS ! ! !

119498958977780800stop_sign_right_font_mig_.svg.med.png

:lol: My man sidbury didn't get a chance to play yesterday. That makes your opinion unfair. It's good that our rush looks this good without our preseason sack leader :D

Actually, Sidbury DID play yesterday. He was in on the Fins final drive. But I also have to disagree and say Biermann should not be starting. He's still not stout enough at the point of attack, unlike Davis and even JA98, to consistently stuff the run game. And we want to keep Abe and Biermann as rested as we can for the pass rush situations, since they are clearly our two best pass rush options at this point.

As Smitty pointed out in him post game comments, we don't have 4 starting DL's (sorry Gazoo), we have 7 or 8 starters on the DL that rotate each other out and keep them all fresh. The DL rotation is all about keeping people fresh and situational football.

Actually, Sidbury DID play yesterday. He was in on the Fins final drive. But I also have to disagree and say Biermann should not be starting. He's still not stout enough at the point of attack, unlike Davis and even JA98, to consistently stuff the run game. And we want to keep Abe and Biermann as rested as we can for the pass rush situations, since they are clearly our two best pass rush options at this point.

As Smitty pointed out in him post game comments, we don't have 4 starting DL's (sorry Gazoo), we have 7 or 8 starters on the DL that rotate each other out and keep them all fresh. The DL rotation is all about keeping people fresh and situational football.

I agree that Biermann nor Sid are ready to start full time and should be saved so that they can be fresh on passing downs. Either one can spell abe at RDE on running or passing downs. I think that Biermann could shape up to be DA Future at RDE, eventually replacing Abe. I think that Sidbury will have his shot at LDE next year to actually start.