All the empty seats

FlyingHigh69

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People need to be convinced that last year wasn't a fluke. If the Falcons keep winning, the place will be jam packed in short order.

There will always be a bunch of empty seats in certain mezzanine sections because the people in the luxury boxes have those tickets. Those folks are up in the boxes getting drunk and eating chicken wings.

No, not at all, it was approx. 90% full.

This is still Atlanta...............land of the golfing gentleman. It's NOT nor will it ever be a pro football town.

That is NOT a bad thing. If you don't believe me..................move to Buffalo, NY for a few years.

I mentioned to my wife during the game that the cameras were panning the dome more than usual which would seem to be a good sign.

There are several factors involved. Number one - when were you looking? The dome is slow to fill up - especially on Sunday. Between Tailgaters and church - many come in late in the 1st quarter through the 2nd quarter. There are lots of roamers as well - the corridors are always full. I'm usually in the doors 2 hours before kickoff - but hang out down by the tunnel watching the guys practice, talking to people until about 20 minutes before kickoff. The dome is normally pretty empty during this time.

I actually thought it was a pretty good crowd and certainly seemed loud enough. I hope Mr. Moore is still doing the sound analysis. I enjoy those.

I have a friend who was at the game who said the Dome was deafening when Gonzalez scored the TD. He's not a regular at games so take it for what it's worth, but I think he's a competent enough human being to understand when it's really loud. He also said it was sold out.

That was probably when it got the loudest. Then and maybe when Peterson hit the TE and forced the fumble. We they replayed it everybody yelled BOOM when he hit him. It was awesome!!! I'm sure he felt very small when they showed that.

You know what I blame for getting into the dome late......the security check, to get through that you have to get to the gates like an hr early. Some People like being at The Falcons landing. Like I have said before I think it will get better throughout the season.

There was an ridiculous wait to get into GATE C.. at least 30 mins.

There is a recession and football is expensive. So yeah, it does. Are you going to compare UGA football to Falcons football or something?

UGA? I said most large schools, including Florida, Texas, Ohio State, Georgia, Tech and so on and so on and so on.

Compare? There is no comparison. There are an average of 90,000 - at times over 100,000 attending the college games. An average of 60,000 or less attending the NFL games.

College tickets run from $100 to over $600 a seat. You can get Falcon tickets for $25 or less, depending on where you sit.

I'm saying, yes, economy affects many people, yet, people find a way to pay for the College tickets and then when they do purchase the tickets - they attend.

We were sold out. The tickets were paid for. Maybe the economy prevented people from traveling to the game, or getting a ride or whatever, but if the tickets were paid for - sell them to someone who will go or give them away to someone who will go if you can't.

UGA? I said most large schools, including Florida, Texas, Ohio State, Georgia, Tech and so on and so on and so on.

Compare? There is no comparison. There are an average of 90,000 - at times over 100,000 attending the college games. An average of 60,000 or less attending the NFL games.

College tickets run from $100 to over $600 a seat. You can get Falcon tickets for $25 or less, depending on where you sit.

I'm saying, yes, economy affects many people, yet, people find a way to pay for the College tickets and then when they do purchase the tickets - they attend.

We were sold out. The tickets were paid for.

Airplane tickets cost more than college football tickets, and planes are still filling up with passengers: Does that relate to Falcons games? Not really. You can be a student of the college and go to the game for free.

You can get Falcon tickets for $25 or less, depending on where you sit.

Yeah, MAYBE! Throw in parking and food and gas, you're looking to drop $60-70 at the very cheapest unless you don't have to pay for one of the aforementioned. I know plenty of people that can't afford $70 luxuries at the moment.

I just wanted to make a statement about the Falcons tailgating expereince. I don't know how it stacks up compared to other NFL teams, but is definitely a very enjoyable experience. It is always a blast, even if you over there where the train comes by every other minute. Watching an old guy with a broken leg doing the "Stanky Leg" is just something you won't see any where else.

The dome looked packed to me every time I saw a shot of the crowd. As a matter of fact, I didn't see any empty seats at all when they panned the crowd. Are you just trolling or did you really think it looked emtpy?

No not trolling. I swear everytime they panned the dome I saw a lot of empty red seats bur I guess people just got their late. Anyways I'll be doing my part next week. I got two tickets to the Carolina game and I can't wait!!

Was the dome really as empty as it looked on TV yesterday? Everytime they did a crowd shot it looked like there were more empty seats then fans.

The Dome is always 1/2 empty in the 1st and 4th quarter. Here is why....

First of all,the parking situation at GA Dome is inadequate and really sucks. If you get there about an hour before kick-off many of the lots near the stadium jack up the price from $40-$60 and they are mostly full so you have to driving around in traffic trying to find somewhere to park.

The counstruction on 75 doesn't help matters any. It's horrible normally on weekends, just imagine how it is when there's an event downtown.

Thousands of people tailgating, drinking, and partying 15 minutes before kickoff. These are the people that start trickling in around the 2nd quarter. I sat in Section 235 and I was the only one there at kickoff, by the 2nd quarter the whole row was full.

Mass exodus with 9 minutes left to the game. People are trying to beat the traffic. About 1/2 of the people leave before the game is even over which defeats the purpose of trying to beat the traffic or get back to tailgating. Subsequently, the traffic isn't all that bad leaving about 10 minutes after the game.

I lived in Dallas & St. Louis (Cardinals days), been to football games in those towns. Fans in those town arrive from Kickoff to end of game. It's pretty embarrassing as a great number of fans at kickoff were Miami fans. I wonder how Tony Gonzalez felt about Atlanta fans after spending 10 years in Kansas City where the fans are much more devoted.

This is why Atlanta gets "one of the worst sports town" moniker.

The Dome is always 1/2 empty in the 1st and 4th quarter. Here is why....

First of all,the parking situation at GA Dome is inadequate and really sucks. If you get there about an hour before kick-off many of the lots near the stadium jack up the price from $40-$60 and they are mostly full so you have to driving around in traffic trying to find somewhere to park.

The counstruction on 75 doesn't help matters any. It's horrible normally on weekends, just imagine how it is when there's an event downtown.

Thousands of people tailgating, drinking, and partying 15 minutes before kickoff. These are the people that start trickling in around the 2nd quarter. I sat in Section 235 and I was the only one there at kickoff, by the 2nd quarter the whole row was full.

Mass exodus with 9 minutes left to the game. People are trying to beat the traffic. About 1/2 of the people leave before the game is even over which defeats the purpose of trying to beat the traffic or get back to tailgating. Subsequently, the traffic isn't all that bad leaving about 10 minutes after the game.

I lived in Dallas & St. Louis (Cardinals days), been to football games in those towns. Fans in those town arrive from Kickoff to end of game. It's pretty embarrassing as a great number of fans at kickoff were Miami fans. I wonder how Tony Gonzalez felt about Atlanta fans after spending 10 years in Kansas City where the fans are much more devoted.

This is why Atlanta gets "one of the worst sports town" moniker.

My seats are in 235 too but I wasn't at the game. I am in row 6, what row are you on?