In the past 5 minutes....

Rev_Hal

Brees threw another touchdown pass.

We have a while befopre we face the Saints, but that offense was on FIRE yesterday, albiet agaisnt a poor Lion's D. Still, I think the Saints are going to pose our biggest challenge of the season.

Yes, if you can buy both teams from their games yesterday (albeit Atlanta played a much better opponent on paper) then the two Saints/Falcons games are going to be amazingly intense. Thankfully the secondary has time to gel before the first game gets here.

We have a while befopre we face the Saints, but that offense was on FIRE yesterday, albiet agaisnt a poor Lion's D. Still, I think the Saints are going to pose our biggest challenge of the season.

After yesterday I'd have to agree with you...

But we will find a way to get by them weither it be control the clock or get nnamdi asomugha

Agree with you there. The Saints, Patriots, and maybe the Eagles( if McNabb is playing) will probably be our biggest challenges for our defense this year.

It was the first game but....... ****.......

Falcons vs Saints is going to boil down to us owning TOP, playing mistake free on O, and getting a take-away.

I got faith in our staff to find a way to handle them, but you have to give credit where credit is due.

The Saints' Offense knows how to move the ball.

I kept my eye on the Lions/Saints game in the sports bar I was watching the Falcons since it was on a nearby TV and I'm a UGA guy and curious how Stafford would look in his first start and how the Saints look as a division rival. I didn't scrutinize the game, but I saw at least 2 instances where the Lions should have intercepted Brees and just flat out dropped the ball.

Brees is an incredible QB, but football is a team sport, and I just think we have a much better team - balanced O, hard hitting D that can generate some QB pressure and shut down the run and apparently create some turnovers too, and special teams that gave up nothing on kickoffs or punts yesterday. Yeah Elam was off, but if I had to pick one of the 3 teams (O-D-Spcl) to have to improve, I'd pick poor special teams to have to improve every time.

And despite the 6 TD passes, the Lions scored 3-4?. You know, that team that went 0-16 last year? I'll take our chances in a shootout and I think our balanced O will grind out the yards and keep Brees off the field.

All that said, Saints/Falcons will be 2 huge games for both teams no doubt, and probably good games to watch for any football fans.

You know Brees and that offense remind me of that Division II school back in the 80's I think. Can't remember who it was. I want to say Marshall, but that is wrong.

Anyway the team would line up every play with 4 or 5 recievers and throw. I think they averaged 5 rushs a game and like 50 passes. They broke every passing record there was and ran up the score by 50 or 60 points every game. I remember no one thought they would lose because they had four really good receivers and a very mobile QB with a strong arm.

Other teams were playing them with dime and seven man defensive back formations trying to stop them. Never worked. Finally after about two years they were beaten by a team that ran a sound base defense and created pressure and held contain. I don't think the team that beat them ever ran a dime or exotic defensive back set. They just played sound base football, created pressure on the QB and did what they had to do. After that lose teams realized that they didnt have to try and cover every receiver through every possible pass route, just create pressure and help the QB make mistakes. It worked. After that this team I'm thinking about became very mediocre.

Same thing with the Aint's. It's a gimmick offense just like the wildcat. Yeah, they can run the ball, but if Brees thinks he is going to drop back this year and throw for 400 yards every game (and or 6 TD's) he is in for a rude awakening. Everytime he drops back with that big head he is a target and NO plays some tough defensive fronts this year. If they continue to try this crap and don't work off of the basic offensive fundimental of ball control Brees will be knocked out of the lineup by the end of the year.

You know Brees and that offense remind me of that Division II school back in the 80's I think. Can't remember who it was. I want to say Marshall, but that is wrong.

Anyway the team would line up every play with 4 or 5 recievers and throw. I think they averaged 5 rushs a game and like 50 passes. They broke every passing record there was and ran up the score by 50 or 60 points every game. I remember no one thought they would lose because they had four really good receivers and a very mobile QB with a strong arm.

Other teams were playing them with dime and seven man defensive back formations trying to stop them. Never worked. Finally after about two years they were beaten by a team that ran a sound base defense and created pressure and held contain. I don't think the team that beat them ever ran a dime or exotic defensive back set. They just played sound base football, created pressure on the QB and did what they had to do. After that lose teams realized that they didnt have to try and cover every receiver through every possible pass route, just create pressure and help the QB make mistakes. It worked. After that this team I'm thinking about became very mediocre.

Same thing with the Aint's. It's a gimmick offense just like the wildcat. Yeah, they can run the ball, but if Brees thinks he is going to drop back this year and throw for 400 yards every game (and or 6 TD's) he is in for a rude awakening. Everytime he drops back with that big head he is a target and NO plays some tough defensive fronts this year. If they continue to try this crap and don't work off of the basic offensive fundimental of ball control Brees will be knocked out of the lineup by the end of the year.

That could be the story of Hawaii... til they met Georgia that is.