Falcons next opponent

atlbaby

Not taking anything away from the Eagles offense but they really only beat them with defense and special team. It doesn't help to mention McNabb didn't have to play the whole game and the Eagles still man handle the Panthers. The Eagles was playing w/o their starting RT, had no rusher with over 100 yards and McNabb only threw for 76 yards.

Panthers never found a replacement for their starting DT Maake Kemoeatu. I expect the Panthers to stuff the box on Turner or else it will be a long day for them.

The first matchup between the Panthers and Falcons last year resulted in a match-up of Houston & Grimes vs. Smith & Muhammad with the Panthers receivers winning that battle.

The second time around Houston was paired up with Foxworth and the battle was won by the Falcons corners.

This year the Falcons have two newly acquire corners that could match-up better in coverage than Houston & Grimes. I like our chances and I expect Van Goder to get after Delhomme early and often.

Well , Delhomme got bench after 4 or was it 5 ints. , anyway we will take the fight to them , I don't see they have the defence to stand against the Falcons . Let's see if Delhomme is going to start or not but if we can keep the pressure on which ever QB is in the game we should get a lot of ints. and sacks with possibly some fumbles also.

Historically like the Saints, regardless of how well these teams are doing in a season its a tough fought game between two good opponents.

This will be a fun game, I also think they will stack the box and make Ryan beat them Like Miami did today. I also hope the defense who came today comes next week WOW, were they fun to watch.

Not taking anything away from the Eagles offense but they really only beat them with defense and special team. It doesn't help to mention McNabb didn't have to play the whole game and the Eagles still man handle the Panthers. The Eagles was playing w/o their starting RT, had no rusher with over 100 yards and McNabb only threw for 76 yards.

Panthers never found a replacement for their starting DT Maake Kemoeatu. I expect the Panthers to stuff the box on Turner or else it will be a long day for them.

The first matchup between the Panthers and Falcons last year resulted in a match-up of Houston & Grimes vs. Smith & Muhammad with the Panthers receivers winning that battle.

The second time around Houston was paired up with Foxworth and the battle was won by the Falcons corners.

This year the Falcons have two newly acquire corners that could match-up better in coverage than Houston & Grimes. I like our chances and I expect Van Goder to get after Delhomme early and often.

great observations. also home field advantage works as well.

Winston Justice is actually playing very well this year - he's turned a corner. He's also playing his natural RT position - not LT where he had to go vs Osi with now TE and no Westbrook a couple years ago.

We didn't have a rusher go over 100, but no one had over 13 carries either. But that doesn't mean we didn't run well - check this out:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing

Jason Peters is an animal in run-blocking. Justice flattened Peppers on a McNabb run...and he didn't allow a sack

Well, that's not really true. The Panthers had just as good an offensive game in the second game last year, or better, it's just that the Falcons put up 45 points instead of 9.