HOW ABOUT OUR DEFENSE!

Mattyice22222

holy crap guys, i watched every snap of todays game and could not be happier with every single player on our defense the only player i had a mum on was erik coleman when he let go of ricky williams on that touchdown but, meh hes awesome. i got some players and units id like to applaud and/or and know your takes on (please feel free too add some players that i have missed out on that made an impact) :

1) Kroy Biermann: i think weve found our starting defensive end, this guys a monster, he was everywhere today defense, special teams you name it. i think he proved his worth today, although i guess i should be saying, lets see in the next few weeks if he is the real deal, but as it stands right now i say kroy > JA98.

2) Chris Houston : although he hasnt givin that many plays away, i cant put his name here without the famous greg camarillo catch, is it just me or, AS SOON, and i mean as soon as the ball hits greg, you see houston already playing official doing signs of incompletion or (as usual) saying no pass interference, as opposed to trying to hit the ball off or hitting greg, cuz i dont see ANYWHERE in the nfl rules that if a player is on the ground he can not be touched, cuz houston never touched him going down so its still a live play. and ppl will say well he thought it was a incomplete pass. dont think, just do. i went off a bit on this yea, maybe im just hating on him but i wanna know your take on it.

3) Defensive Line: as a unit these players, were outstanding, they looked ready to go from the first drive. jake long got wrecked, on numerous occasions, as well as our whole line just dominating their O-line, pushing them back, on alot of plays, you saw chad pennington throw it away on alot of plays, because our line had pushed them so fast he couldnt get a screen up and running.

4) Linebackers: did our linebackers come to hit or what. i have never seen these guys his so hard, i mean i love brooking to death, but as he got older, he was scared to hit, you just saw it in his play style, peterson is a more versatile and hard hitting linebacker and he made his presence dearly felt here tonight, steven nicholas also had a pretty good game.

5) Falcon Defense : our defense was flat out EVERYWHERE, it was so beautiful to see ppl get hit, AS SOON as they caught the ball, the checkdowns were covered, our DBs were doing great coverage all night. i cant be more happy for our corners to emerge with an opening night like that

and lastly id like to say, wtf happened to the cardinals....the bengals....or even more so the panthers, holy crap panthers layed an egg and i cannot wait to kill those panthers next week :D

The hitting was awesome today.

Honestly, that is the least talented offense we are going to play all season. That being said, they did manage 20 points a game last year, and Pennington did manage a QB rating of 98, so the Birds did good to shut them down today.

It only gets tougher from here, but I think the D is going to hold up.

The Defense was fantastic today....

Fast and hard hitting.

so where are all the posters bitching and moaning about our Pre Season Defense?

Right Here !

D Line and Backers were superb and the rotation was mind boggling.

We still have DB's waiting for the opponent to close instead of attacking.

This just will not do, and at this point read Peytons comment.

The hitting was awesome today.

Honestly, that is the least talented offense we are going to play all season. That being said, they did manage 20 points a game last year, and Pennington did manage a QB rating of 98, so the Birds did good to shut them down today.

It only gets tougher from here, but I think the D is going to hold up.

I think so to.

When Tye Hill gets into the mix, things will slow down a bit.

This weeks game review will reveal some ugliness that will

get cleaned up. (above comment)

The Peterson Interview summed it up nicely.