Next week, Carolina quarterback?

iDash

Eagles Super But McNabb Hurt In Win

Birds Brutalize Panthers

Donovan McNabb left the Panthers game with a back injury, but the Eagles destroyed the Panthers, 38-10, in Carolina.

Sean McDermott's defense, using the late Jim Johnson's schemes, forced six turnovers, had five sacls and knocked two Carolina quarterbacks out of the game.

The preliminary report on McNabb is that he has injured ribs. McNabb was hit on the ground by two Panthers after he scored on a 3-yard touchdown run.

McNabb grabbed both knees and his back before walking off the field in the third quarter. McNabb then was taken to the team locker room, but later returned to the sidelines.

Kevin Kolb looked shaky when he replaced McNabb, fumbling twice (losing the ball once) and almost throwing an interception.

But the Eagles' dominant defense was the story of the day.

An interception by Sheldon Brown, a Victor Abiamiri fumbled recovery and a DeShaun Jackson punt return put 17 points on the board in the second quarter.

Jackson's electrifying 85-yard return deflated the Carolina crowd and then an Eagles defense, using Johnson's blitz scheme, tore apart the highly touted Panthers offense.

Brown had two interceptions, Asante Samuel, Joselio Hanson and Akeem Jordan picked off passes, and Trent Cole dominated Jordan Gross, the Panthers' all-pro tackle.

The Carolina crowd booed Delhomme, who was benched for Josn McCown by Carolina. McCown was quickly hurt and replaced by third-stringer Matt Moore.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sports/eagl...But_McNabb_Hurt

Eagles Super But McNabb Hurt In Win

Birds Brutalize Panthers

Donovan McNabb left the Panthers game with a back injury, but the Eagles destroyed the Panthers, 38-10, in Carolina.

Sean McDermott's defense, using the late Jim Johnson's schemes, forced six turnovers, had five sacls and knocked two Carolina quarterbacks out of the game.

The preliminary report on McNabb is that he has injured ribs. McNabb was hit on the ground by two Panthers after he scored on a 3-yard touchdown run.

McNabb grabbed both knees and his back before walking off the field in the third quarter. McNabb then was taken to the team locker room, but later returned to the sidelines.

Kevin Kolb looked shaky when he replaced McNabb, fumbling twice (losing the ball once) and almost throwing an interception.

But the Eagles' dominant defense was the story of the day.

An interception by Sheldon Brown, a Victor Abiamiri fumbled recovery and a DeShaun Jackson punt return put 17 points on the board in the second quarter.

Jackson's electrifying 85-yard return deflated the Carolina crowd and then an Eagles defense, using Johnson's blitz scheme, tore apart the highly touted Panthers offense.

]Brown had two interceptions, Asante Samuel, Joselio Hanson and Akeem Jordan picked off passes, and Trent Cole dominated Jordan Gross, the Panthers' all-pro tackle.

The Carolina crowd booed Delhomme, who was benched for Josn McCown by Carolina. McCown was quickly hurt and replaced by third-stringer Matt Moore.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sports/eagl...But_McNabb_Hurt

So will we.

Need to do something quick. He can win games for them. Either that or make a trade for someone. I know they probably wont, because the extended Jake, but count the losses and make a move.

Matt Moore is the best quarterback we have. We won't sign anybody (we can't, Peppers counts 16 million against the cap), but if we go away from Jake we should go to Moore. He outplayed both of his competitors today.

Anyway, Garcia isn't right for the system. If we ran a WCO, I'd be fine. But he would have to come in, learn a new playbook, sync up with his receivers, and nothing about this system is familiar to him. We throw it deep most of the time, which isn't his specialty. Garcia isn't an option.

Matt Moore is the best quarterback we have. We won't sign anybody (we can't, Peppers counts 16 million against the cap), but if we go away from Jake we should go to Moore. He outplayed both of his competitors today.

Anyway, Garcia isn't right for the system. If we ran a WCO, I'd be fine. But he would have to come in, learn a new playbook, sync up with his receivers, and nothing about this system is familiar to him. We throw it deep most of the time, which isn't his specialty. Garcia isn't an option.

I just know that he is the best available QB, but I also know it wont happen,because of all the money tied up with Jake and Peppers. I hope Moore does a better job, because I like when the NFC South is good all round. Good luck except against us.

The Falcons need to worry about stopping the Panties running game.

That is the only way Carylina is going to win.

Their running games is still very effective. I'm sure that is what there game plan will be centered around.

I'm not going to get cocky, because after the beating they took today, then they'll be focused for next week. I still think we win, but it won't be a cake walk.

Abe is going to seeal Delhommes fate. Sorry Hommie, your career is over after Abe gets to you.

Also remember Abes first start he drove Delhomie CRAZY, he even ripped his drawers :P I hope the defense keeps the heat up, I would loved to see delhomie benched. :P Delhomie playing as bad as he is, I'm kind of glad it could be US that could kick him to the curb.