The Saints: the most balanced offense in the South?

Fleur de Brees

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...against the Lions......play somebody and then talk.....

I don't really think playing the Lions has anything to do with it, it doesn't matter who we played we would have been balanced today. With Drew putting up 6 TD's, it's amazing Payton kept the ball on the ground at times. But that's just my opinion.

what did yall say to us when we stomped the lions week 1 last year?....

and yall are not the most balanced. 350 pass yds 6 TD compared to 100 rush yds = not balanced

35 carries/34 passes=balance

Come on boss, you know better.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
Yeah...against the Lions......play somebody and then talk.....

Saints fan............all he can do is come up with some type of twisted stat to make it look like they're the best at every stat they can find. Means more to 'em than wins!

At least we don't have to listen to 'em whine about how this game was "STOLEN" from them. :rolleyes:

Saints fan............all he can do is come up with some type of twisted stat to make it look like they're the best at every stat they can find. Means more to 'em than wins!

At least we don't have to listen to 'em whine about how this game was "STOLEN" from them. :rolleyes:

we are 1-0 and you are 0-1. Cant spin that can we bruh

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
As long as they are not playing from behind, they will be balanced.

I hear most of you Saints fans like "playing from behind". :lol:

Someone hasn't been keeping up with the times...

It's all about BALANCE, jb. Balance is bigger than points, even! Where have YOU been all offseason? Obviously not on the AFMB, where BALANCE reigns supreme.

Did I mention who was the most BALANCED team? (hint: it's the Saints!)

35 carries/34 passes=balance

Come on boss, you know better.

i didn't say what i was trying to say, that's my fault.

the saints are a passing team, that's what they do. payton draws up some of the best passing plays in the league and brees is one of the most accurate qbs in the league, maybe even in history.

you guys aren't going to split it down the middle every game. you know that, i know that, brees knows that. that's not what you guys do. that's the way it worked today though. ryan isn't going to throw the ball 36 times for us every game like he did today, but that's what was working. you guys might be MORE balanced this year, but i doubt you'll be as balanced as we usually are. ryan throws the ball for us 20-30 times a game, we run the ball 20-30 times a game. that's not what you do. nothing wrong with that though. the pats do something like that, as do the colts and the cards and they win with it. if we didn't have turner and mularky didn't run a smashmouth/running type of system we'd probably do the same thing too, with the talent we have in the passing game.

hope i said it better last time, because i know i ****** it up the first time and i knew it after i posted it. i'm posting on 3 different boards right now. :D

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
we are 1-0 and you are 0-1. Cant spin that can we bruh

No spin needed. We lost to a clearly better, more veteran team that may easily make the playoffs. The Saints won against team that had lost their last 17 games in a row. :rolleyes:

Oh so now the Dolphins are a real team? For all you know the Lions will rattle off a 15 game win streak and the Dolphins go winless. All either of us can know is that both of our teams dropped the hammer on an outmatched opponent.

That, and that our offense is the MOST BALANCED IN THE SOUTH. B)

YES YOU MAY BE THAT, BUT LET'S NOT FORGET

THAT YOU WERE ALSO THAT WHEN YOU FINISHED

8 - 8.... ;)

i didn't say what i was trying to say, that's my fault.

the saints are a passing team, that's what they do. payton draws up some of the best passing plays in the league and brees is one of the most accurate qbs in the league, maybe even in history.

you guys aren't going to split it down the middle every game. you know that, i know that, brees knows that. that's not what you guys do. that's the way it worked today though. ryan isn't going to throw the ball 36 times for us every game like he did today, but that's what was working. you guys might be MORE balanced this year, but i doubt you'll be as balanced as we usually are. ryan throws the ball for us 20-30 times a game, we run the ball 20-30 times a game. that's not what you do. nothing wrong with that though. the pats do something like that, as do the colts and the cards and they win with it. if we didn't have turner and mularky didn't run a smashmouth/running type of system we'd probably do the same thing too, with the talent we have in the passing game.

hope i said it better last time, because i know i ****** it up the first time and i knew it after i posted it. i'm posting on 3 different boards right now. :D

I completely agree. The Saints will have their games like today and they'll have their games when they throw the ball 45 times and run it 25 times, that's a given.

We'll be balanced this season, I guarantee it. But we won't be 35 carries and 34 passes balanced. I'd say 5 or 10 more passes a game is "balanced," for the Saints offense.

Also, I said it earlier today, and I guess it kind of backs up, even though I was VERY wrong. I said I didn't expect much production from the run game, because of how big of a mismatch our pass game and their pass D is. Personally, I'm VERY impressed with the balance today for that very reason.