Bone Crushing hits from the Falcons defenders all day

xFalconLord

Lets go through some of the big time pops today..

-- Stephen Nicholas lit up a running back in the first half after he cought a pass behind the line of scrimmage

-- Nicholas lit up Pat White running the wildcat

-- Mike Peterson owned Fasano on that first fumble. Peterson also put his nose in hard on several other run plays.

-- Curtis Lofton made at least 2 bone crushing hits on short passes

-- Babineaux made a 5 yard tackle for loss on RB Polite that could be heard from section 327, Row 25

-- Abraham ran over (Pro Bowler??lol) Jake Long

-- Kroy Biermann on ST kick coverage smashed the kick returner inside Miami's 15 yard line

-- Thomas DeCoud loaded up on Ricky Williams after a 5 or 6 yard gain, though Ricky ended up falling forward

I was so, extremely impressed by the intensity we played with on defense. The hits we made today were something that I have never seen from a Falcons defense. We looked ready and willing to dominate the man in front of us, fly to the ball and lay the wood to someone. It really changed the game.

-- Stephen Nicholas lit up a running back in the first half after he cought a pass behind the line of scrimmage

-- Mike Peterson owned Fasano on that first fumble. Peterson also put his nose in hard on several other run plays.

-- Babineaux made a 5 yard tackle for loss on RB Polite that could be heard from section 327, Row 25

-- Abraham ran over (Pro Bowler??lol) Jake Long

-- Kroy Biermann on ST kick coverage smashed the kick returner inside Miami's 15 yard line

-- Thomas DeCoud loaded up on Ricky Williams after a 5 or 6 yard gain, though Ricky ended up falling forward

I was so, extremely impressed by the intensity we played with on defense. The hits we made today were something that I have never seen from a Falcons defense. We looked ready and willing to dominate the man in front of us, fly to the ball and lay the wood to someone. It really changed the game.

Yeah. I was real impressed with the message they were trying to send. LEAN and MEAN. If they keep this up, I might get spoiled ;)

I loved what I saw on both sides of the ball today, but was most impressed with the play of the "D". It was like a hitting contest out there today and I can't hardly think of a player on defense who didn't get a lick in. Very tenacious and it will be needed next week when the Carolina comes to town. The rotation on the front line seems to really keep the guys from tiring out, something we haven't seen in years (if ever). Even despite all of Miami's trickery on offense, they still couldn't get anything going and when they did, the defense took it up a notch. Best defensive game I've seen from the Falcons in a very long time. I just hope this continues as the team continues to gel and work as a unit. This season will be long and hard, especially with the schedule vs the NFC East (Giants, Eagles, Cowboys & Redskins) and a defense like we had out there today will defninitely increase the likleyhood of winning in those matchups.

Really liked what I saw from the defense.

-Abraham looks like he's gonna have another monster year

-Lofton is turning into a stud. Guy could make the pro-bowl this year. He looked so much more comfortable out there and he looks to have a big year.

-Peterson is a huge upgrade. Still has something left in the tank and is a great leader on the field. Brings alot of intensity/emotion that this defense has lacked.

-Nicholas played solid and is very athletic. He should have a good year.

-Biermann is looking like a Patrick kerney clone with that motor. Seems to have worked hard this off-season

I could go on but as a whole the defense looked really good. The only dissapointment is the same guy who's been dissapointing for awhile. I don't think JA98 will ever turn the corner.

I agree FalconLord, it has been years since we had a defense laying wood like that. The turnovers were no coincidence. When you light people up like that and punch the QB in mouth the ball pops out and ints happen as well. I love that kind of defense. Can't wait to see us light up that punk Jake Delhomme next week if he even plays.

-- Babineaux made a 5 yard tackle for loss on RB Polite that could be heard from section 327, Row 25-- Abraham ran over (Pro Bowler??lol) Jake Long

I'm in row 16 ! :D

Really liked what I saw from the defense.

-Abraham looks like he's gonna have another monster year

-Lofton is turning into a stud. Guy could make the pro-bowl this year. He looked so much more comfortable out there and he looks to have a big year.

-Peterson is a huge upgrade. Still has something left in the tank and is a great leader on the field. Brings alot of intensity/emotion that this defense has lacked.

-Nicholas played solid and is very athletic. He should have a good year.

-Biermann is looking like a Patrick kerney clone with that motor. Seems to have worked hard this off-season

I could go on but as a whole the defense looked really good. The only dissapointment is the same guy who's been dissapointing for awhile. I don't think JA98 will ever turn the corner.

agreed :D