My Favorite Thing About Today's Game.......

Guest Gritz

is that we were really hitting people.

When you can hear that pop sitting in your recliner at home then some good things are going on.

Dang I loved that..... :D

Oh HECK yeah! This team is as physical and nasty as it's ever been. That was something I was really concerned about with losing the Law Dog...I know he'd become a liability in coverage but he still hit so freaking hard. I was worried for nothing though because Mike Peterson has taken over that mantle. Not to mention the rest of the defense.

it was only 1 game, but they were hitting and getting around the ball. they looked very fast like smitty talked about. they actually looked like the D he fielded in j-ville a little, which is what i think he is/was shooting for. one of the best defensive performance by the falcons (i'm not including oakland last year) in a very, very long time.

What I loved is.....Our DEFENSE played well, while our O was average and we still won. That is a huge confidence booster.

Bingo!The fact that our run game was pretty much held in check ALL day,and Elam cost us 7 points,we still dominated the entire game.I find it ironic that coming into todays game my main concern was our D,and the fact that it was our O that sputtered a little,isn't that ironic,don't you think? :D

The defense was knocking the piss out of the Dolphins. BEER-MAN, and Abe are going to provide plenty of pass rush from the end spots. Mike Peterson is a beast on the outside!

Today I really gained appreciation for Gonzo. I knew he was good. I've heard all the talk, and read all the stats. You just don't know HOW good he is until see him up close and personal.

Now we see how hard hitting LBs vs. routine tackling LBs affect the game.

Big time......Nicholas got in a few sweet licks today, especially that early one out in the flat....kinda set the tone...