Well, I'm thinking about Carolina

VT89

Its very early to do so, and certainly there's no reason the players should be looking to next week until tomorrow but the Panthers are on my mind.

With the schedule that we have, its more important than ever to get these early season wins over teams that are apparently vulnerable. Carolina is one of those. They had an awful performance today and a win for the Falcons could really be a season maker should they turn it on or we find ourselves in a playoff race.

Jake Delhomme should not be starting. I will be shocked if he does, but the man has simply played terrible his past two games. The panthers have two great running backs and a great running game, so we should be seeing a lot of DeAngelo Williams and J Stew. Their defense held McNabb to low numbers, but McNabb did not throw often in the second half as with a lead like that there was little need to do more than run the clock.

The Falcons defense was great today, and need to continue forcing those turnovers. I can't help but wonder whether or not Miami played bad or our defense played great. We won't truly know until we're a few weeks into the season. great pressure on the lines and Mike Peterson showed he's more than worth his pay. Matt Ryan was bad on some throws, but looked sharper later in the game. First game jitters, I think, and he's still a baby quarterback but I hope the underthrow on the deep ball to Roddy doesn't because common. Gonzalez was great, everything we could have hoped for and more.

The running game needs to get better. Miami is a good run stopping team, but I don't think we'll be winning 10 games this season with Turner only getting 60 or so yards. Norwood was ineffective on the ground, though he's a great receiving threat.

Jason Elam's struggles could be an aberration or a common trend. He nailed that big 50 yard kick near the end which will be big for his confidence. I'm not too worried, I'm sure in all his years the guy has had games like this before. But if he's missing field goals and XPs throughout the season, then we could be hard pressed to win close games.

Go Falcons.

Its very early to do so, and certainly there's no reason the players should be looking to next week until tomorrow but the Panthers are on my mind.

With the schedule that we have, its more important than ever to get these early season wins over teams that are apparently vulnerable. Carolina is one of those. They had an awful performance today and a win for the Falcons could really be a season maker should they turn it on or we find ourselves in a playoff race.

Jake Delhomme should not be starting. I will be shocked if he does, but the man has simply played terrible his past two games. The panthers have two great running backs and a great running game, so we should be seeing a lot of DeAngelo Williams and J Stew. Their defense held McNabb to low numbers, but McNabb did not throw often in the second half as with a lead like that there was little need to do more than run the clock.

The Falcons defense was great today, and need to continue forcing those turnovers. I can't help but wonder whether or not Miami played bad or our defense played great. We won't truly know until we're a few weeks into the season. great pressure on the lines and Mike Peterson showed he's more than worth his pay. Matt Ryan was bad on some throws, but looked sharper later in the game. First game jitters, I think, and he's still a baby quarterback but I hope the underthrow on the deep ball to Roddy doesn't because common. Gonzalez was great, everything we could have hoped for and more.

The running game needs to get better. Miami is a good run stopping team, but I don't think we'll be winning 10 games this season with Turner only getting 60 or so yards. Norwood was ineffective on the ground, though he's a great receiving threat.

Jason Elam's struggles could be an aberration or a common trend. He nailed that big 50 yard kick near the end which will be big for his confidence. I'm not too worried, I'm sure in all his years the guy has had games like this before. But if he's missing field goals and XPs throughout the season, then we could be hard pressed to win close games.

Go Falcons.

I wont be too concerned with Elam just yet the guy has been doing it for too long. i'm pretty sure he'll straighten it out. If our run defense shows up next week like it did today the Panthers will be hurtin'.

you not the only one thinking about them already.

you made some good points.

im not worried about our run game at all. the dolphins spent a lot of time analyzing our run.

turner will get his.

matt should be a little more accurate next game.

and lets hope our defense can stay on top of this headbanger wave.

I still cant believe the Panthers signed Delhomme to a 5 year deal. They are one bad run organization lately. Trading all their picks away.
I see Fox getting fired this year.

And that's exactly why they are throwing their picks away.

As I have said over and over, that team is desperate. I figured that out after they spent two 1st rounders, a 2nd, and a 4th for a RT. :lol:

I'll never get over that little jewel. :lol:

I have a feeling Matty Ice and Turner will break out this game. I am sure Turner and Ryan will be back on track. Ryan had the flu during the week, also.

yeah, no need to get concerned on either front but with the Panthers looking like they did today, if we can put up some huge numbers we should be feeling good about ourselves going to New England. A lot of the time offenses seem to be a little out of sync in the first week or two and then really get rolling.

If we stop their run game, I think we'll be in a good position to get a W. What I am concerned about is that in today's game we were 1/4 in the redzone. We have to get better in the redzone and put up TD"s and not FG's

or at least let Elam miss the kick.

:D I kid I kid.

What I like about the Panthers is that both of their starting tackles are worse than what the Dolphins have starting. We have always owned Jordan Gross and I expect this to continue. They run well but I think we can shut down their pass with a 4 man rush.

Offensively, we need to run straight through them without Kemoeatu