***POSITIVES AND NEGATIVES***

FalcD56

First off, great start to the season. Feels good to be 1-0 yet again.

Positives:

Tony Gonzalez-Looked great. Exactly what I wanted from him.

Defensive Line-How about Kroy Biermann! I've been preaching about this kid since we drafted him, and it's great to see him do well. Abe was a beast as well. That bull rush move was spectacular.

Negatvies:

Michael Turner-Turner did most of his damage against poor run defenses last year. If he can't get his act together against better teams, we might have a serious problem.

Jason Elam-Yikes. That's all I have to say.

I kept this short because I'm too hyped up to think. GO FALCONS

Positives -

1. Defensive Line - Mad pass pressure against one of the quicker release passers in the NFL. Go Kroy.

2. Linebackers - Everyone played well, and Peterson was just a monster.

3. Tony Gonzalez - Greatest TE of all time, end of story.

4. Brian Williams - Played good coverage.

Negatives -

1. Jason Elam - Did you put your shoes on backwards today or what?

2. Matt Ryan - Great game, but his deep passes were off target.

3. Turner/O-Line - MIami has a great front 7 and really keyed in on the run. I don't think this will be a continued problem.

Note: Concerning the negatives. EVERY single one of them are things that shouldn't remain a problem.

Positives:

Defensive Line-How about Kroy Biermann! I've been preaching about this kid since we drafted him, and it's great to see him do well. Abe was a beast as well. That bull rush move was spectacular.

Negatvies:

Michael Turner-Turner did most of his damage against poor run defenses last year. If he can't get his act together against better teams, we might have a serious problem.

I most respectively disagree about Turner. Miami's defense was controlling the line against the run. When he had a hole, he produced, but it was at the end of the game. We don't have to worry. Turner will get his yards.

Remember those quotes from that Fin player (was it Porter? I think it was someone else) talking about how he planned on making sure Turner didn't beat him. Their game plan might have been too focused on our running game.

That's the problem with stopping our offense. Shut down the run, and we've got White, Gonzales, Jenkins. Don't respect the run, and we'll smash you in the mouf.

Turner wasn't great today, but that didn't seem to hurt us. This offensive is too versatile, and it's going to plague opposing defenses as long as its key players stay healthy. Fingers crossed.

Positives:

Additional positives:

(1) All 3 LBs looked very good. Peterson made some big plays, Nicholas looked very good in his first start, and Lofton led the team with 10 tackles.

(2) Weems played very well on special teams, both punt returns and kick-off coverage

(3) Abe had another two-sack game, and the bull-rush over Long was an unbelievable play.

(4) DL as a unit played very well together. Babs had a vey good game, Biermann had a great game. Jerry played well for his first start.

Positives:

Negatvies:

I agree with everything except the Turner remark. Turner did fine when given a chance. If the line is stacked up with no holes what the crap do you expect him to do. Also he ran right through the Miami D on the last drive to ice the game. Totally disagree with that statement.

The defense played lights out...as for our offense, it's early, they'll get into a groove...I'm mainly talking about Ryan.

My only concern right now is Peria Jerry walking off the field...:mellow:

It looked like Peria just rolled a nut.

I thought I saw him back in the game later.

The biggest positive I saw was the Beerman.

If we can get that kind of ferocious play from a sub, our D should be better than we hoped.

Did Sidbury get in the game any? I didn't really notice him if he did.

Positives:

Negatvies:

Peterson simply is a beast and I think the concerns by some people during the preseason were unfounded. Caused two fumbles and had a interception to boot. The offense looked out of whack at times with Ryan making some bad throws, but I think those issues will get straightened out next week. Miami has a good defensive front, so I have to give some props there.

All and all, the defense played better than most people thought they would on here. If this is a sign of things to come, we're golden. ;)

I'll wrap it up in one sentence. The stud QB was pretty bad, the stud RB was pretty bad, and the stud kickers sucked it big time, and the team still dominated.

Life is good.

The Stud QB was pretty bad? Umm...Since when is 22 for 36, 229 yards, 2 TD's pretty bad? Last tiem I checked, that's a great game from a QB! I mean, come on, give the guy some credit. A few bad throws and everyone thinks he did terrible.

The Stud QB was pretty bad? Umm...Since when is 22 for 36, 229 yards, 2 TD's pretty bad? Last tiem I checked, that's a great game from a QB! I mean, come on, give the guy some credit. A few bad throws and everyone thinks he did terrible.

-_- everyone wants Ryan to throw Drew Brees numbers or even Brady its not going to happen..we have the ultimate game manager that knows what he is doing knows how to pick up first downs and is clutch..he is Joe Montana part 2

-_- everyone wants Ryan to throw Drew Brees numbers or even Brady its not going to happen..we have the ultimate game manager that knows what he is doing knows how to pick up first downs and is clutch..he is Joe Montana part 2

Yeah for real. He doesn't need to complete every 60 yard strike that he throws. Every QB has a game where they make some bad throws, and I just don't see how this was a bad game for him, he played great! I wish people wouldn't over react to things, and would actually watch the game rather than complain about one play as they miss all of the other plays.

Remember those quotes from that Fin player (was it Porter? I think it was someone else) talking about how he planned on making sure Turner didn't beat him. Their game plan might have been too focused on our running game.

That's the problem with stopping our offense. Shut down the run, and we've got White, Gonzales, Jenkins. Don't respect the run, and we'll smash you in the mouf.

Turner wasn't great today, but that didn't seem to hurt us. This offensive is too versatile, and it's going to plague opposing defenses as long as its key players stay healthy. Fingers crossed.

add in ovie after today :P

Another negative i want to add is our red zone efficiency. We were 1/4 in the redzone today including one possession where we just kneeled it so really, we were 1/3. While it's not too much of a concern right now, I hope we can improve on this to atleast 60% if not more. Maybe it was just one of those days but I'd like to see this fixed by the time we head over to New England B) . What, Panthers? Doesn't matter, we'll beat them anyway ;)

I'm not ripping Ryan, I love Matt Ryan, but his accuracy was off today badly. C'mon, everybody could see it. His stats look OK, and that's because he ALWAYS made the right decision, but he left a ton of big plays on the field today. My point was that he was off and we still killed them, and I don't expect him to be off like that too often.