Matt Ryan's deep ball

illest_will

If Matty did have the flu I think that is why his timing was off. Pretty much off the whole game but the first quarter it was really noticable. It looked like he was having a hard time out there for a while.

don't get me wrong he got in the groove at one point and was looking crisp, especially on the 1st touchdown drive. and he put us in a few positions for field goals...so i'm not mad at the performance. i'm just hoping we can get those plays down for the NE game

The thing to me, is he looked better than a 2nd year pro. No he didn't come out like Brady or Manning, but he played well. We put up 19 points, left a for sure 7 on the field(2 FG's and an extra point), but easily could have had another 2 TD's.

Guys... THIS is the year.

Offense seemed a little off today, but like everyone else, I chalk it up to first game jitters. They'll settle down and gel. After the Panther's performance today I think next week could be a huge game for us and we'll have great momentum going into week 3 against the Pats! You know Ryan can't be happy with how this game went, he'll make up for it next week ;)

don't get me wrong he got in the groove at one point and was looking crisp, especially on the 1st touchdown drive. and he put us in a few positions for field goals...so i'm not mad at the performance. i'm just hoping we can get those plays down for the NE game

Yeah, he did have some nice throws. Especially to Roddy and the back out a couple of times. He under threw the ball on several occasions and I think that was just him not feeling well. That toss to Gonzo on the three yard line was excellent. He put it where no one else could catch it. That is something a seasoned pro does, not a second year player. He just at times looked a little off, plus walking off the field a couple of times he really looked drained. Like he was sick.