Ouch. Delhomme... 4 Int already.

Big Bubba

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

game center says mccown is in

I saw it on tv as soon as I posted. Hope Fox decides to screw the idea of "I MUST have a veteran qb playing at all times" and puts Matt Moore in soon. I'd rather the kid with the 2-1 record with the Panthers get some playtime and see if he can evolve and take over the team.

JAKE WAS TERRIBLE. WHAT'S A WORD MORE MESSED UP THAT TERRIBLE?

WELL .... HE WAS THAT TOO. I THOUGHT HE WOULD DO BETTER THAN THIS.

HE KILLED CAROLINA ....... "SINGLE HANDEDLY."

Man, Cardinal game + this Eagles game, Delhomme should be benched, forever. He won't get his confidence back after these two games. I doubt anyone could. As much I was I want to see Matt Moore take over, I'm content with McCown for now, and want to see what he can do with the team before judging him too harshly.

Not sure why I get the feeling Vinny T is going to make a surprise announcement about coming out of retirement and joining a "certain team".

Man, Cardinal game + this Eagles game, Delhomme should be benched, forever. He won't get his confidence back after these two games. I doubt anyone could. As much I was I want to see Matt Moore take over, I'm content with McCown for now, and want to see what he can do with the team before judging him too harshly.

Not sure why I get the feeling Vinny T is going to make a surprise announcement about coming out of retirement and joining a "certain team".

NO!! ...... NOT THE DREADED VINNIE T ........ HOW CAN IT BE?

THATS WHAT MAKES IT ALL SO BAD. THEY JUST EXTENDED JAKE'S BANK ACCOUNT. :huh:

why in the **** they gave it to him i'll never know. he was very average last year and he had one of the worst playoff games in NFL history. yea he had a year or two remaining but if he he somehow turned into tom brady over that last year or two tag him. that was a very dumb move by the panthers.

no threat at qb, get ready to see a bunch of 8 and 9 man fronts this year 'lina. see you in the ATL next weekend.

Hind sight is always 20:20. Delhomme has always bounced back for us after very bad games. Why wouldn't they want to try to keep him? This time, he didn't bounce back and appears to be done for good. The Eagles defense manhandled the Panthers Oline, and that contributed a lot to his poor play, but it was the plays he attempted to make when he did have room to throw that showed a guy that was a shell of his former self. So yeah, looking at the contract now, it was a real bad move.

Falcons will probably screw us over though, Fox will get the bright idea to start Delhomme against the Falcons and he burns them for 300+ yards in a Panthers victory, and Fox decides to stick with Delhomme for the rest of the season. A season filled with several turnover filled games.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
Hind sight is always 20:20. Delhomme has always bounced back for us after very bad games. Why wouldn't they want to try to keep him? This time, he didn't bounce back and appears to be done for good. The Eagles defense manhandled the Panthers Oline, and that contributed a lot to his poor play, but it was the plays he attempted to make when he did have room to throw that showed a guy that was a shell of his former self. So yeah, looking at the contract now, it was a real bad move.

Falcons will probably screw us over though, Fox will get the bright idea to start Delhomme against the Falcons and he burns them for 300+ yards in a Panthers victory, and Fox decides to stick with Delhomme for the rest of the season. A season filled with several turnover filled games.

He didn't bounce back very well THIS TIME, did he? What is that? 9 INTS in his last 2 games? :rolleyes:

The guy BLOWS with a CAPITAL B.

I will not rub that in any further. At least your a man to show up today. Just try and forget about the $45 MIL extension...

Yeah...if Jake keeps this up, I don't think he'll be seeing very much of that extension.

The real question is what to do from here. Jake's been slowly declining, and his last two games have been absolutely confidence-crushing. We should have pulled him in the Arizona game and we finally did pull him in this one. McCown looks like he blew out a knee--seriously awful-looking hit. I think he ran off the field, though. So what do you do? Start Moore? He looked like the best quarterback we had out there today. In a few weeks, if we still have zero quarterback play, can we make any sort of move? I don't really think we can. We're probably going to lose Peppers this year, we don't have a first round choice, and the window on our team is closing fast. If we don't have good quarterback play this year or the next, what happens?

Nevermind. Fox has already stated that Delhomme will start next week, and my money is on him starting until at least the bye week in week four. If he's awful until then, Moore might work with the first-teamers over the bye week and then start week five.

No es bueno.

No offense but you guys shoulda went after YKW? He was there for the taking...a lot cheaper and more wins would've come your way!

Was there a fanbase in the NFL that hated Vick more than Carolina? Jesus...you should have heard some of the things that the fans were saying about Vick. Anyway, Vick after two years of prison, taking over the reigns in a town that hates him...I would hate that move. Hate it. I would rather see what Jake had left than take a risk on him.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
No offense but you guys shoulda went after YKW? He was there for the taking...a lot cheaper and more wins would've come your way!

BITE YOUR TONGUE! I would've hated to watch that piece of $hit play in our division again!

Not because of any talent but due to the scumbag ways of he and his posse.

Believe me, he'll do something ridiculous again to make the Eagles rue the day they inked his dog killing, sorry a$$. :angry:

The man deserves his 2nd chance, he's done all the right things and he would've made you guys a winner!

All the right things? Not even a little bit.

But glossing over that, I don't think that he gives us a much better chance than any other quarterback on our roster. There were too many questions about him, even when he started. Now he's coming out of prison for two year. I wouldn't sign that guy as my starting quarterback.

I'm hoping they give Moore a shot. He's only 25, and was able to step up his rookie year when the Panthers needed him.

Fox made a few post game comments that he was starting Delhomme next week though, so eh. Falcons and the Saints ARE the only two teams that normally make Delhomme look like a world beater. It's good that he'll probably light the Falcons up in week 2, it's bad because it'll secure him as the starter for the rest of the season.