Brooking never made a hit like that his entire career.

Tootie Quivers

For me, it's not about Brooking. Brooking was our 3rd greatest LB in team history behind Nobis and Tuggle. Brooking was a great LB for us for years, but he started going down later in the 06 season. The 2007 season he was inconsistent(he did make a great pass break-up against Houston that year), and he 2008 he was just a flat out liability on defense. We were the worst team in the NFL when it came to defending RBs/TEs in the passing game for a reason. He simply couldn't play for us any more, he was a liability.

No, I'm posting because people like crapapple wanted to flip out over people saying Peterson was an upgrade over Brooking at this point in their careers. Notice how he was SO quick to point out any perceived bad play by Peterson, and called him trash all off season. But you know, it's not even about the play with him, crapapple is an obvious racist and has shown it time and time again in his posts. He's the one who wants to bring up Peterson being black and having dreads and calls people "white self-loathers" for not loving every white player in the NFL. I'm equal oppertunity on here. I see bad logic, stupdity, etc I'm always going to be calling it out. Crapapple is a blight on humanity, and I have no sympathy for racists.

The diference is that Nobis and Tuggle went out immediately after their Prime. KB prime was over when Reeves Left. He knew he wasn't wanted in Atl so he left. I heard him say on Espn that He could have stayed, but he wanted to go to the cowboys.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Falcon Ace: You support a racist player like Brian Williams who said this to a police officer and then turn around and call me a racist:

The officer involved wrote in his notes that Williams called him a, "Honky mother (expletive)."The statement goes on to say that Williams said, "I (expletive) your momma ... I (expletive) your wife twice." It got worse when, according to the officer's notes, Williams said he would do something to the officer's daughter.

George Orwell would love this! ROTFLMAO. I'm sure you have no clue as to the irony here.

By the way, aren't you a Patriots fan. Saw you posting on their boards awhile back...trash talking one of their white players. LOL

@Falcon Ace: You support a racist player like Brian Williams who said this to a police officer and then turn around and call me a racist:

The officer involved wrote in his notes that Williams called him a, "Honky mother (expletive)."The statement goes on to say that Williams said, "I (expletive) your momma ... I (expletive) your wife twice." It got worse when, according to the officer's notes, Williams said he would do something to the officer's daughter.

George Orwell would love this! ROTFLMAO. I'm sure you have no clue as to the irony here.

By the way, aren't you a Patriots fan. Saw you posting on their boards awhile back...trash talking one of their white players. LOL

Never said I supported Brian Williams or what he did, I find it absolutely laughable that you would even dare incite Eric Blair's works and views when your posts are laced with such intellectual dribble and hypocrisy.

Nice try though. Your arms must be hurting from all that reaching your trying to do. :lol:

It's true that KB did not have one game last season as good as Petersons yeserday but some jack hole said something to the effect that KB never had a game like that for us? The only thing I can think is that he didn't see the years KB played prior to the last 2 seasons.

Actually, THIS is where the biggest issue is for me about Brooking. I've been a fan of this team since the early 70's. I'm not some johnny-come-lately vick hugger who isn't a fan of the team. I'm first and foremost a Falcons fan, and always will be. I've seen Nobis, I've seen Tuggle, and I've seen Brooking. And Brooking can't hold either of those two guys jock strap.

I'm not talking about the last few years he was here. I'm talking about NEVER. We simply disagree that Brooking was anything better than mediocre in his prime. If you think Brooking EVER had a game like Peterson had for us yesterday, then I challenge you to go back and look at game logs and find one where he came up with an INT and 2 forced fumbles in one game. And I'll even make it easier on you and not even bring up the other bone jarring hits that Peterson DELIVERED, that Brooking would have ABSORBED instead.

I'm ecstatic in praising Peterson and quick to put down Highway 56 because I think he was one of the most overrated players the NFL has ever seen. I'm sure he's a super nice guy and he laid it all on the field every time he went out there. Don't doubt that one bit and give him credit for it. But that does NOT mean he was a good player.

Him being the supposed leader of our defense, all the while when he was soft at the point of attack, did not create forced fumbles, did not create INT's, did not create any big hits to get the defense excited, speaks volumes to why we have had a soft defense nearly every year he was here.

To those of us that have watched the game for years, and watch other teams and how their LB's play, we know that Brooking was a fraud made little impact on the game and simply padded his tackle stats by pile jumping, tankling, and absorbing hits downfield. And it REALLY annoys the heck out of me when I see other people actually defending this type of play and standing up for the guy when anyone that wants the TEAM to do well should be condemning it wholeheartedly.

One of the biggest things that was exciting about this offseason is knowing that we had a GM and coach that would no longer put up with that fraud and that he was finally replaced with a LB that would thump people the way LB's are supposed to. You can try to spin this any way you want to, but the bottom line is your hometown hero was replaced by a guy a year older than Brooking, when the "supposed" reason 56 was let go was because we wanted to get younger. NO, we wanted to get BETTER. And we did.

And yes, I feel the need to say this because I know crabapplejoe will pull the race card, but again, I'm white. This has nothing to do with race, it has to do with color. Red, white, and black colors, which I support no matter what color the player is.

I'm going to cheer with a special place in my heart all year long when Peterson makes a big play because I know we have finally reached a point that we wont tolerate soft play that rarely made any real impact on the game.

Btw I was watching the Dallas/TB game between our game and Keith Brooking is playing great for them. He has seven tackles so far.

Did he cause a Fumble? Did he have an INT? Did he run threw a big 200 plus Tight End and hit him so hard The certain radio host on 680 said they have not seen a Linebacker make a hit like that in 5 years. Were any those "tackles" for losses or halting a drive? WOW

Actually, THIS is where the biggest issue is for me about Brooking. I've been a fan of this team since the early 70's. I'm not some johnny-come-lately vick hugger who isn't a fan of the team. I'm first and foremost a Falcons fan, and always will be. I've seen Nobis, I've seen Tuggle, and I've seen Brooking. And Brooking can't hold either of those two guys jock strap.

I'm not talking about the last few years he was here. I'm talking about NEVER. We simply disagree that Brooking was anything better than mediocre in his prime. If you think Brooking EVER had a game like Peterson had for us yesterday, then I challenge you to go back and look at game logs and find one where he came up with an INT and 2 forced fumbles in one game. And I'll even make it easier on you and not even bring up the other bone jarring hits that Peterson DELIVERED, that Brooking would have ABSORBED instead.....

Nice post....

And yes, I feel the need to say this because I know crabapplejoe will pull the race card, but again, I'm white. This has nothing to do with race, it has to do with color. Red, white, and black colors, which I support no matter what color the player is.

I'm going to cheer with a special place in my heart all year long when Peterson makes a big play because I know we have finally reached a point that we wont tolerate soft play that rarely made any real impact on the game.

I'm not talking about the last few years he was here. I'm talking about NEVER. We simply disagree that Brooking was anything better than mediocre in his prime. If you think Brooking EVER had a game like Peterson had for us yesterday, then I challenge you to go back and look at game logs and find one where he came up with an INT and 2 forced fumbles in one game. And I'll even make it easier on you and not even bring up the other bone jarring hits that Peterson DELIVERED, that Brooking would have ABSORBED instead.

I'm ecstatic in praising Peterson and quick to put down Highway 56 because I think he was one of the most overrated players the NFL has ever seen. I'm sure he's a super nice guy and he laid it all on the field every time he went out there. Don't doubt that one bit and give him credit for it. But that does NOT mean he was a good player.

Him being the supposed leader of our defense, all the while when he was soft at the point of attack, did not create forced fumbles, did not create INT's, did not create any big hits to get the defense excited, speaks volumes to why we have had a soft defense nearly every year he was here.

To those of us that have watched the game for years, and watch other teams and how their LB's play, we know that Brooking was a fraud made little impact on the game and simply padded his tackle stats by pile jumping, tankling, and absorbing hits downfield. And it REALLY annoys the heck out of me when I see other people actually defending this type of play and standing up for the guy when anyone that wants the TEAM to do well should be condemning it wholeheartedly.

One of the biggest things that was exciting about this offseason is knowing that we had a GM and coach that would no longer put up with that fraud and that he was finally replaced with a LB that would thump people the way LB's are supposed to. You can try to spin this any way you want to, but the bottom line is your hometown hero was replaced by a guy a year older than Brooking, when the "supposed" reason 56 was let go was because we wanted to get younger. NO, we wanted to get BETTER. And we did.

1. I will never take you seriously when you feel the need to label a future ROH member "Highway 56".

2. Going by your profile you are 38 years old so the fact that you say you've been a fan of the Falcons since the early 70's is complete BS. Sure I was "born a Falcon" too but I don't claim to be a fan since 1980. ;)

3. Looking at #2 above that means you were born in 1971. Nobis retired in 1976 so you really saw a lot of him... you were at the old age of 6. :rolleyes:

4. I am 29 and while I remember Tuggle playing and have seen footage of Nobis I can't and don't say that I remember either all that well. I've watched the Falcons since I was young, went to my 1st game at 15, and that's when I was old enough to really understand football which was nearing the end of Tuggle's time.

5. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Brooking... since you wanted an example of games that he made impact plays. I don't have a good enough memory to say whether he had an int and 2 FF's in a game but I do KNOW that he has more tackles, solo tackles, and such in his career than Peterson. Has missed far less games...

Mike Peterson looks to be a better LB at this stage than KB. Period! You have your opinion and I have mine. For you to think that you have this super f'n knowledge and that all fans have seen the game as you have is purely an opinion. You are entitled to yours like I am mine. The fact that he made 5 probowls and WILL BE a ROH member must really eat you up b/c that means you don't know as much as you'd like to think you do!

1. I will never take you seriously when you feel the need to label a future ROH member "Highway 56".

2. Going by your profile you are 38 years old so the fact that you say you've been a fan of the Falcons since the early 70's is complete BS. Sure I was "born a Falcon" too but I don't claim to be a fan since 1980. ;)

3. Looking at #2 above that means you were born in 1971. Nobis retired in 1976 so you really saw a lot of him... you were at the old age of 6. :rolleyes:

4. I am 29 and while I remember Tuggle playing and have seen footage of Nobis I can't and don't say that I remember either all that well. I've watched the Falcons since I was young, went to my 1st game at 15, and that's when I was old enough to really understand football which was nearing the end of Tuggle's time.

5. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Brooking... since you wanted an example of games that he made impact plays. I don't have a good enough memory to say whether he had an int and 2 FF's in a game but I do KNOW that he has more tackles, solo tackles, and such in his career than Peterson. Has missed far less games...

Mike Peterson looks to be a better LB at this stage than KB. Period! You have your opinion and I have mine. For you to think that you have this super f'n knowledge and that all fans have seen the game as you have is purely an opinion. You are entitled to yours like I am mine. The fact that he made 5 probowls and WILL BE a ROH member must really eat you up b/c that means you don't know as much as you'd like to think you do!

That's how you own someone on the internet. LOL at some punk *** idiot talking about Nobis as if he actually remembered how he played as a SIX YEAR OLD CHILD. ROFL! That made my day right there. I was born in 76 boy do I love that Grits Blitz defense! I sure REMEMBER that.

3rd and 16 and bit like a pitbull on play action. That error cost a chance to win the game.

So what? That's one play in a game. What about Lawyer Milloy getting owned twice TWICE for touchdowns? How about the Cards being offsides almost every play and the refs not calling it? Think that made more of a difference than one non scoring play? Dumbass.

RandomFan wrote: "I've seen Nobis, I've seen Tuggle, and I've seen Brooking. And Brooking can't hold either of those two guys jock strap.

I'm not talking about the last few years he was here. I'm talking about NEVER. We simply disagree that Brooking was anything better than mediocre in his prime. Him being the supposed leader of our defense, all the while when he was soft at the point of attack, did not create forced fumbles, did not create INT's, did not create any big hits to get the defense excited, speaks volumes to why we have had a soft defense nearly every year he was here.

To those of us that have watched the game for years, and watch other teams and how their LB's play, we know that Brooking was a fraud made little impact on the game and simply padded his tackle stats by pile jumping, tankling, and absorbing hits downfield."

Please don't let the facts/stats get in the way of your emotional rant and hatred of KB56. Here's the reality:

Brooking: 11 years as a Falcon; 12 ints; 17 sacks

Tuggle: 14 years as a Falcon; 6 ints; 21 sacks

Nobis: 11 years as a Falcon; 12 ints; (no sack info at NFL.com)

So KB56 has twice as many interceptions as Tuggle and you interpret that to mean he was "a fraud" who "made little impact on the game". Wow. Where does that leave poor Tuggle? LMAO at you haters

That's how you own someone on the internet.

Really? Really, I was owned eh? Ya, cause nobody has ever heard of replays of games. You must be right. Besides the fact that I clearly remember watching Nobis truck guys as a little kid.

But it's telling that you chose this silly, weak, and wrong tactic to try and discredit the argument that HIGHWAY 56 was not an impact player. Ad Hominem attacks on the poster instead of the argument. You automatically concede defeat that way.

What I find funny is this is there is another Falcons MB I frequent, the Falcons Roost, with more knowledgable Falcons fans for the most part, and they all pretty much agree with the Brooking = fraud assessment. It's this board that is blinded to reality somehow. All those posters must be "haters" too I guess :rolleyes:

Really? Really, I was owned eh? Ya, cause nobody has ever heard of replays of games. You must be right. Besides the fact that I clearly remember watching Nobis truck guys as a little kid.

But it's telling that you chose this silly, weak, and wrong tactic to try and discredit the argument that HIGHWAY 56 was not an impact player. Ad Hominem attacks on the poster instead of the argument. You automatically concede defeat that way.

What I find funny is this is there is another Falcons MB I frequent, the Falcons Roost, with more knowledgable Falcons fans for the most part, and they all pretty much agree with the Brooking = fraud assessment. It's this board that is blinded to reality somehow. All those posters must be "haters" too I guess :rolleyes:

Your *** got owned so bad you should just stop posting for a couple of weeks to let this thread die down. You are claiming you remember Nobis playing well enough as a six year old child to realistically grade him against a player who is playing almost thirty years after the fact. That is beyond laughable. There is no way you have seen enough "replays" of Nobis playing to back that bucket of crap argument up with either.

The fact you are calling a Ring of Honor inductee to be "Highway 56" only shows not only how stupid you are in terms of football but how biased you are against the guy. You are just some internet troll with an agenda that got slapped down and owned in the freaking face. Grow a pair and accept it.

RandomFan wrote: "I've seen Nobis, I've seen Tuggle, and I've seen Brooking. And Brooking can't hold either of those two guys jock strap.

I'm not talking about the last few years he was here. I'm talking about NEVER. We simply disagree that Brooking was anything better than mediocre in his prime. Him being the supposed leader of our defense, all the while when he was soft at the point of attack, did not create forced fumbles, did not create INT's, did not create any big hits to get the defense excited, speaks volumes to why we have had a soft defense nearly every year he was here.

To those of us that have watched the game for years, and watch other teams and how their LB's play, we know that Brooking was a fraud made little impact on the game and simply padded his tackle stats by pile jumping, tankling, and absorbing hits downfield."

Please don't let the facts/stats get in the way of your emotional rant and hatred of KB56. Here's the reality:

Brooking: 11 years as a Falcon; 12 ints; 17 sacks

Tuggle: 14 years as a Falcon; 6 ints; 21 sacks

Nobis: 11 years as a Falcon; 12 ints; (no sack info at NFL.com)

So KB56 has twice as many interceptions as Tuggle and you interpret that to mean he was "a fraud" who "made little impact on the game". Wow. Where does that leave poor Tuggle? LMAO at you haters

Takeo Spikes 15 INTS 23.5 Sacks

-Just think, we could have him instead.

Well, all 4 of these are just ad hominem attacks that attack the poster and not the issue at hand: a concession of not having a strong rebuttal argument. So those don't even deserve a legitimate response. I will only say since you think Highway 56 is a worthy player for the ROH, I can't take you seriously. We'll agree to disagree here.

LOL, did you even look at the KB Wiwi page? Obviously not:

Keith Brooking..

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name. Please search for Keith Brooking.. in Wikipedia to check for alternative titles or spellings.

Start the Keith Brooking.. article, using the Article Wizard if you wish, or add a request for it.

Search for "Keith Brooking.." in existing articles.

Look for pages within Wikipedia that link to this title.

"I don't have a good enough memory to say whether he had an int and 2 FF's in a game but I do KNOW that he has more tackles, solo tackles" Hey, thanks for admitting you know good and well he never had that kind of impact. Also, thanks for reaffirming the argument that you people that don't know what you are talking about only look at the tackle stat sheet and assume he was awesome. Not realizing all those tackles were pile jumps, ankle tackles, and instances where he got ran over and held on for dear life instead of taking on a block and/or punishing a ball carrier with a bone rattling hit like we saw Peterson deliver all day yesterday.

"The fact that he made 5 probowls and WILL BE a ROH member must really eat you up b/c that means you don't know as much as you'd like to think you do!" Nope, it just reinforces the opinion that he was the most overrated fraud this team has ever had and only people that don't know football and only loot at tackle stats think he ever made an impact.

So what? That's one play in a game. What about Lawyer Milloy getting owned twice TWICE for touchdowns? How about the Cards being offsides almost every play and the refs not calling it? Think that made more of a difference than one non scoring play? Dumbass.

Luckily I am not defending Lawyer Milloy either. The fact that other players didn't do very good that game, doesn't change the fact that your hero bite hard on play action on 3rd and 16. That's a player who doesn't understand situational football.

You are just some internet troll with an agenda that got slapped down and owned in the freaking face.

I see reality escapes you. Must be why you keep holding on to your illogical perspective about Highway 56. You can't even attack the argument. You pick one small part of what someone says and attack it, and assume "U R TEH WIN!"

It's ok, logic escapes you. Doesn't really matter what you say past that point. I posted what I did for people that can think rationally, not really going to concern myself with folks such as you. Just wasn't going to let the other people think your weak arguments actually held any weight.

Crab, Did you ever watch Tuggle play?

Obviously not. Otherwise he would realize there is a big difference in hanging on for dear life by someone's ankles, and actually driving into someone making them go backwards, inflicting pain on the other team. All tackles are not created equally. Put that in your racist pipe and smoke it Crab.

Complete garbage. Keith had sacks, interceptions, forced fumbles and big hits. But all idiots like you want to remember is a guy in his thirties who wasn't quite as good as he was in his early twenties. Imagine that, age erodes players skills. :rolleyes:

Nah, Brooking really wasn't a playmaker at all.

Keith Brooking hasn't forced a fumble since 2004. That's 67 games if you're counting.

Keith Brooking hasn't had an interception since 2005, that's 50 games if you're counting.

No need to remind you what Mike Peterson just did. His debut as a Falcon was better than anything Brooking's done in 4-5 seasons.

@RandomFan: I see you haven't bothered to respond to the interception stats for Brooking/Tuggle/Nobis. Kinda' hard to say "yeah, but all of his interceptions were seven yards downfield" isn't it. An int. is an int. and you said he didn't have them. Guess we can throw out the rest of your argument as well. Now, go back to looking at those Falcon game replays from the 1960s. LMAO at you.

@RandomFan: I see you haven't bothered to respond to the interception stats for Brooking/Tuggle/Nobis. Kinda' hard to say "yeah, but all of his interceptions were seven yards downfield" isn't it. An int. is an int. and you said he didn't have them. Guess we can throw out the rest of your argument as well. Now, go back to looking at those Falcon game replays from the 1960s. LMAO at you.

Hey Crab, I see you still haven't responded to the FACT that your Hometown Hero was replaced by a player a year older for a cheaper contract, when we were supposed to be wanting to get younger. A player that just had more impact on a game than Highway 56 EVER did in 11 years here. Lol at who?

Hey Crab, I see you still haven't responded to the FACT that your Hometown Hero was replaced by a player a year older for a cheaper contract, when we were supposed to be wanting to get younger. A player that just had more impact on a game than Highway 56 EVER did in 11 years here. Lol at who?

Look man... you're opinion is your opinion. Many Falcons fans do say the same BS you say. AND many say the same as I do.

The FACT is that Peterson is younger than Brooking.... don't believe me? Go check... sure it's only 10 months or so but he is younger.

Another FACT is that if we didn't have Brooking in the 98 NFCS we might not have won and went to our ONLY SB. He made a couple of IMPACT plays in that game and I saw those with my very own eyes live... :rolleyes:

YOU and others like you are making this Brooking vs Peterson. I am happy Peterson is playing well and other than saying that before the game yesterday I haven't seen an upgrade, which I've said today that I do now, I have not had one bad thing to say about MP.

The FACT that you don't like KB is clouding your judgement of what he did for this franchise in the past. No he didn't play well for us the last 2 seasons, especially last season, and that is why he is no longer here. However, your BS that he has never had a game like Peterson did yesterday is pure BS...

I hope you and no one like you are at the game when KB gets inducted to the ROH. I'm done arguing with you... have a good one.

However, your BS that he has never had a game like Peterson did yesterday is pure BS...

Once again, here is your chance to prove it. You can talk anecdotaly all you want, bring some facts into the argument. You wont because you know you can't: they don't exist.

Your hypothesis is that Brooking had a game as impactful as Peterson did for us yesterday. The way to prove it is by simply finding one game log that says he did. Good luck. And after you can't, stop coming in here and acting like Brooking ever had that kind of impact, because...HE DIDN'T.

RandomFan wrote: "Your hypothesis is that Brooking had a game as impactful as Peterson did for us yesterday. The way to prove it is by simply finding one game log that says he did. Good luck. And after you can't, stop coming in here and acting like Brooking ever had that kind of impact, because...HE DIDN'T."

Well now RandomIdiot how about the 2005 game against Minnesota--eight tackles, an interception and a sack (see Wikipedia quote below)

In 2005 finished the season with a team-high 150 tackles in addition to establishing career-highs in interceptions (4) and passes defensed (10), also recorded one fumble recovery and tied a career-high with 3.5 sacks. He started his first game of the season at middle linebacker in place of an injured Ed Hartwell ( Achilles ) at New Orleans and led the linebacker corps with eight tackles in addition to posting his second interception of the season, he recorded 12 tackles and his first sack of the season vs Seattle . Brooking established a career-high with his fourth interception of the season at Tampa Bay in addition to tallying a team-high 12 tackles. He posted 8 tackles, 1 sack and 1 interception vs. Minnesota in his 100th career game, he became the first Falcons player to record a sack and interception in the same game since 2000 vs St. Louis Rams, also tallied one sack, one pass defensed and a team-high 10 tackles vs. Carolina in the season finale. He tied a team record when he was named to his fifth consecutive Pro Bowl appearance .

Now will you please just STFU since you have no knowledge of the subject matter at hand.