18 Utah 2-0 405

19 Nebraska 2-0 365

20 Miami (FL) 1-0 364

21 Houston 2-0 341

22 Kansas 2-0 271

23 Georgia 1-1 260

24 North Carolina 2-0 250

25 Michigan 2-0 169

did UGA actually drop 2 spots from last week?

I think its time for us to be convincing to get the respect we need. We need to beat the break pads off a quality opponent to get some recognition. South Carolina isnt necessarily considered a quality win nationally.

Thats my take. I hope we murder some of our SEC opponents. We have to be convincing like Florida, unfortunately.

UNC dropped 5 spots after a win. I don't wanna hear it.

After the struggle it took for UNC to beat Cincy, I really don't wanna hear your grumbling either.

I think its time for us to be convincing to get the respect we need. We need to beat the break pads off a quality opponent to get some recognition. South Carolina isnt necessarily considered a quality win nationally.

Thats my take. I hope we murder some of our SEC opponents. We have to be convincing like Florida, unfortunately.

Pretty much. Taking into consideration that we hardly ever play well in all phases of the game in one single game, let alone consistently, it's not hard to see why we drop even after wins.

The win over South Carolina may have been thrilling, but it was far far far from impressive. The same defense that held Oklahoma State in check for most of the game just let a South Carolina offense that looked totally inept against NC State rack up 427 yards... 313 of it through the air, by a sophomore QB not even known to be good.

We need to start winning as convincingly as we recruit to get respect in the polls.

We didn't play Cincy genius. We played UCONN. Who will likely be 2nd or 3rd in the Big east. Not to mention they have lost 2 games at home in as many years. They play tough at home.

My bad, UConn then.... I get them confused. And 2nd or 3rd in the Big East is like being 2nd or 3rd in the ACC so what's the big difference?

Most teams play pretty tough at home in college.

Who cares...the polls are a joke. Especially at this season. We're weeks away from knowing who is for real and who isn't.

Like someone said, they never hand out trophies for being ranked #1 after two weeks. I am surprised they didn't put USC at #2. They love to push them up any chance they can.

After the struggle it took for UNC to beat Cincy, I really don't wanna hear your grumbling either.

Pretty much. Taking into consideration that we hardly ever play well in all phases of the game in one single game, let alone consistently, it's not hard to see why we drop even after wins.

The win over South Carolina may have been thrilling, but it was far far far from impressive. The same defense that held Oklahoma State in check for most of the game just let a South Carolina offense that looked totally inept against NC State rack up 427 yards... 313 of it through the air, by a sophomore QB not even known to be good.

We need to start winning as convincingly as we recruit to get respect in the polls.

exactly. UGA's defense maybe NC State's defense look like the monsters of midway. UGA needs to win convincingly against some of these average teams. as someone else also pointed out, the OSU loss didnt help their strength of schedule.

at least notre dame is no longer ranked.

Who cares...the polls are a joke. Especially at this season. We're weeks away from knowing who is for real and who isn't.

Like someone said, they never hand out trophies for being ranked #1 after two weeks. I am surprised they didn't put USC at #2. They love to push them up any chance they can.

This.. it doesn't really matter right now.. we just win things will be taken care of. I am more worried about facing arkansas on the road in a night game this coming Saturday.

2nd or 3rd in the ACC is ranked so yeah i'd say it's a difference.

So what you're saying is that the ACC is relevant?

The ACC is only a tiny step up from the Big East... and rankings really don't matter much until November going into December when the bowl games are set. Just being ranked doesn't mean you're that good. Ranked teams get beaten by unranked teams all the time.

You can't honestly believe UNC deserves much credit for going in and barely BARELY beating an unranked team? That's why UGA didn't get any respect for the win.

exactly. UGA's defense maybe NC State's defense look like the monsters of midway. UGA needs to win convincingly against some of these average teams. as someone else also pointed out, the OSU loss didnt help their strength of schedule.

at least notre dame is no longer ranked.

Yeah.... Oklahoma State losing to Houston may be shocking to some, but I know how good of a team Houston usually has since I live in El Paso which fields a Conference-USA UTEP team. Offensively OK State should have scored more and won that game, but it's really no surprise at all for Houston to put up enough points to hang with the Big XII.

As far as Notre Dame goes... as much as I dislike Notre Dame, I think they are good enough to deserve being ranked at this point. That was a classic game and by no means embarrassing to ND. It just shows how far Michigan has come along, especially with having a good QB for Rich Rodriguez's offense. I think ND will be ranked come December though so whatever... lots of future NFL players on that team.

this just shows that we should not take any rankings seriously.. that's why it's the mythical national championship.. you don't earn it on the field, you get in in the polls and it's guys like the above who screw up the process.. and the coaches polls are no better..

I lost respect for the coaches polls a long long time ago.