You guys know me as a homer ... and I think we are the better team...

MagnusXXIII

If our offense completely dominates ... as it should ... than we will win ... but the Dolphins as a team are closer to executing their gameplan than we will be this early in the season.

Our approach is better ... could lead to multiple Superbowls ... but won't be ready for an unorthodox team like the Dolphins.

Having said that, 45% chance we win ... 66% of that by blow out.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a competent Falcon fan ... do you know the fins well enough to be confident on this?

Quite frankly I'd feel better playing the Panthers or Eagles at home for our opener.

I tell you what made me feel a lot better about this game....The other day Coach Smith was giving a lesson in some newspaper (I think USA Today, I could be wrong about that though) on the best ways to defend against the Wildcat formation. Now I know the Fins only run that 10-15% of the time, but the fact that Smitty is very sure about what sets we need to be in and what type of recognition we have to employ tells me that we are prepared.

I'm not one of these Falcon fans who do a lot of crowing about what we're going to do before each game. The NFL is too freakin' unpredictable.

But I think we match up really well against this team. If we were facing a pass-first team like the Cards tomorrow I would be a lot more nervous because we're obviously trying to fix our secondary kinda on the fly.

But I like us tomorrow...... ;)

If our offense completely dominates ... as it should ... than we will win ... but the Dolphins as a team are closer to executing their gameplan than we will be this early in the season.

Our approach is better ... could lead to multiple Superbowls ... but won't be ready for an unorthodox team like the Dolphins.

Having said that, 45% chance we win ... 66% of that by blow out.

For God's sake, they are not unorthodox or revolutionary. They had to go to the wildcat because they could not run the ball out of a traditional offense. The game against NE was a complete fluke. They are one dimensional at best. That game plan stuff is way off the mark. They are a gimmick offense because they fail to execute their game plan time and again. We actually have a gameplan. We WILL run the ball. You will respect that, and it will open p our passing game. We have weapons everywhere, and they have an 80 year old gimmick.

You are a competent Falcon fan ... do you know the fins well enough to be confident on this?

Quite frankly I'd feel better playing the Panthers or Eagles at home for our opener.

That is just outrageous. Sorry, but I am going to have to point you back to this thread in about 8 weeks for a huge helping of crow.

Magnus, to me this is like saying you think Sparano is a better coach than Smith. Do you believe that? I'm not baiting you into anything, I'm just truly curious. I think he's a great coach, but I still think the Falcons made the better/best choice for a HC.

Good and fair question.

I don't think sparano is in the same ballpark as Smith ... but he is still a good coach.

My point is ... he has more of his pieces ready to go than we do.

and on defense we are still trying to figure out who is playing.

I tell you what made me feel a lot better about this game....The other day Coach Smith was giving a lesson in some newspaper (I think USA Today, I could be wrong about that though) on the best ways to defend against the Wildcat formation. Now I know the Fins only run that 10-15% of the time, but the fact that Smitty is very sure about what sets we need to be in and what type of recognition we have to employ tells me that we are prepared.

I'm not one of these Falcon fans who do a lot of crowing about what we're going to do before each game. The NFL is too freakin' unpredictable.

But I think we match up really well against this team. If we were facing a pass-first team like the Cards tomorrow I would be a lot more nervous because we're obviously trying to fix our secondary kinda on the fly.

Thanks GB ... like you I will be in nude full sun salutation on my roof at sunrise tomorrow ... our winning percentage is 74% when I do so. ;)

^^

this

For God's sake, they are not unorthodox or revolutionary. They had to go to the wildcat because they could not run the ball out of a traditional offense. The game against NE was a complete fluke. They are one dimensional at best. That game plan stuff is way off the mark. They are a gimmick offense because they fail to execute their game plan time and again. We actually have a gameplan. We WILL run the ball. You will respect that, and it will open p our passing game. We have weapons everywhere, and they have an 80 year old gimmick.

I said ONLY unorthodox. We all know who was playing WC dynamics first.

That is just outrageous. Sorry, but I am going to have to point you back to this thread in about 8 weeks for a huge helping of crow.

If you are expecting me to eat crow ... let's just be clear ... you are expecting us (Falcons) to lose home games against Carolina and Phillie???

I think we win those games.

Good and fair question.

I don't think sparano is in the same ballpark as Smith ... but he is still a good coach.

My point is ... he has more of his pieces ready to go than we do.

and on defense we are still trying to figure out who is playing.

Magnus, I always consider your opinions carefully, but in this case I disagree. Ryan will be the difference. Falcons win!

By the way, I'm trying this sunrise thing!!!!

Well put. I like us tomorrow too.