Mexican Coke

Scorpion

So a while ago i saw a thread here saying Mexican Coke was much better because they use real sugar. So today i was in Kroger in Norcross and saw some. I decided to buy 4 (12OZ) bottles even though they were like $1.80 per bottle.

I cant taste much difference lol... i felt like i wasted my money ....I am not a big coke fan anyway as i mostly drink water but i wanted to see what all the hype was.

So a while ago i saw a thread here saying Mexican Coke was much better because they use real sugar. So today i was in Kroger in Norcross and saw some. I decided to buy 4 (12OZ) bottles even though they were like $1.80 per bottle.

I cant taste much difference lol... i felt like i wasted my money ....I am not a big coke fan anyway as i mostly drink water but i wanted to see what all the hype was.

I can tell the difference.

Mexican Cokes give me the sh_ts!

Seriously, the Mexican Cokes taste more like the way Coke tasted before they changed the formula and claimed to change it back.

There's more of a "cola" flavor, not syrupy sweet, and tend to have a little more of the "burn" that old Cokes used to have. When they changed the formula it just seemed to me that it lost some of its kick.

Try a Mexican Sprite... or is that Esprite?

Sooooo lemony-limony, and I prefer Sierra Mist if we're talking American versions.

I can tell the difference.

Mexican Cokes give me the sh_ts!

Seriously, the Mexican Cokes taste more like the way Coke tasted before they changed the formula and claimed to change it back.

There's more of a "cola" flavor, not syrupy sweet, and tend to have a little more of the "burn" that old Cokes used to have. When they changed the formula it just seemed to me that it lost some of its kick.

Try a Mexican Sprite... or is that Esprite?

Sooooo lemony-limony, and I prefer Sierra Mist if we're talking American versions.

lol i am definitely done experimenting with Mexican sodas.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me !

lol i am definitely done experimenting with Mexican sodas.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me !

Well, it is ridiculous that they cost so much here.

Ever drink horchata?

It's a sweet, light cinnamon flavored, non-carbonated drink made with rice flour of all things. It's amost like a dessert that you drink. If you haven't tried one, see if any mom & pop style Mexican restaurant has any. It's pretty **** good!

Are we sure this isn't just the whole placebo effect?

Positive. Here's an article about it-- http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20...1b9mexcoke.html

Take a sip of the real thing (mexican) and then take a sip of the crappy corn-syrup water (american) immediately after. There's no comparison- Mexican coke tastes like Coke did back in the days, and American coke tastes like chemicals.

it tastes WAY WAY better to me..